It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say Something! I'm Giving Up On You!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Christ. Sorry for that text diarrhea. It just kinda kept coming. Thanks ats. I'd never be able to share that with anyone. Guess that's probably one of my myriad issues in interpersonal relations. Wish I coulda learned to do so before f'ing everything up.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Lived with ptsd since the late 60's after four tours in vietnam with s.o.g ..
Best advice can offer is take it a day at a time .. things do get better .. dont be hasty in writing off your girl she may surprise you yet .. like I told the o.p - life is short live it .. as to the rest charlie mike and drive on ..

edit on 6/5/14 by Expat888 because: late night .. correct spelling .. not enough beer and bloody english making my head hurt ..

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You were my first friend here and you rock, Foxtrot! You always make me laugh, and the post above - wow. Real guts to write that, I admire you.
If I think you rock, I bet she does too. Give her a chance, tell her what you told us, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both.

Group hug for you xxx

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Lived with ptsd since the late 60's after four tours in vietnam with s.o.g ..
Best advice can offer is take it a day at a time .. things do get better .. dont be hasty in writing off your girl she may surprise you yet .. like I told the o.p - life is short live it .. as to the rest charlie mike and drive on ..

Yeah. I try to wake up everyday with FISHDO the first thing I say to myself. (That's "F It, Sh.t Happens, Drive On" for you civilians)
But thanks man

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

You were my first friend here and you rock, Foxtrot! You always make me laugh, and the post above - wow. Real guts to write that, I admire you.
If I think you rock, I bet she does too. Give her a chance, tell her what you told us, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both.

Group hug for you xxx

Thanks. I have told her. I think I've just reacted too badly and hurt her too much by falling back into a comfortable role in dealing with a situation that ripped my heart out (I don't deal with dishonesty and/or betrayal very well in any case let alone in a situation in which I am so vulnerable and personally invested) that she won't be able to work on fixing this.
If that's how it plays out, I just don't think I can deal with a world holding only the promise of more pain for me. I've never thought myself so weak a person but there it is.
Thanks again for your thoughts. Wish I could make you laugh again but, well, you know.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
On the other hand, even I haven't been able to think rationally lately... the stuff I want to post on here doesn't make sense. Weird.

Those who think the entirety of themselves exist solely in the mind may have difficulties currently.

Saying something is helpful, as others may not only avoid such things, but fear them.

Perhaps there is more going on than the population realizes. Maybe not...

But if something is inspiring one to look at the other side of the coin directly, then perhaps it isnt necessarily a bad thing. The method of expression (the tool), however, can certainly be used to grow or destroy. And who knows, maybe there are some "new" tools on the scene right now.

Regardless, the choice is up to all of us.

Signed,
Something

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If Expat can learn to embed a video with only a drunk monkey to help, then there's hope for all of us.
Looking into the abyss and owning what you see takes a different kind of strength, don't mistake it for weakness.

The hug still stands, and my fingers are still crossed x

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The Army gave you a hard row to hoe and it takes a long time for calluses to soften up. I can give you a couple of tips from my diary if you think they'd help.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
To DietJoke...and Everybody here...

Don't anybody give up....please?
There are a lot of people on this site that I love, for being raw...and showing me their soul.

*hug*
jacygirl

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

We all, including yourself...have value. We have self worth. We are the sum total of all of our individual knowledge. No more, no less. So, there is always...ALWAYS...more to learn, more to do, someone less fortunate, smarter than us or not, more or less loved than us, richer and poorer, happier, sadder and more or less peaceful and/or satisfied.

As I see it, that you know enough to CARE...and express those emotions here...its your insides coming outside for the benefit of others 1st and yourself last. That is a wonderful thing you caring and sharing!

I try this each day, though sometimes its hard. I try to learn 1...just 1 new thing from this world each and every day. And I try to help someone, somewhere with some-thing no matter how little, everyday.

The next time you are feeling emotional? Think about it. Its because you have a good heart and soul....and that you CARE! Otherwise? It would not matter to you! And it does...and it shows!

Thanks for that! Peace! MS

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: 'cause

top topics

<< 1   >>

join