It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Cylindrical Objects detected by NASA Rover: Curiosity Sol 613, 619...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If this is a long exposure shot....

why aren't the stars also elongated. I'm going with anomalous object.

It's just a matter of time until the "it's a bird" or "it's a bat" crowd shows up, as this seem to be the popular debunk de jour reason on ATS.

Phobos is very close to Mars at 5826 miles, I think it is the closest Moon in the solar system..so far. It moves perceptively.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yes Phobos moves half a degree (the diameter of a full moon as viewed from Earth) across the Martian sky in one minute. It orbits in 7 and a half hours, much faster than Mars rotates, so it actually rises in the west and sets in the east, roughly twice every Martian day!

But as I said before, the white speckles are not stars. They are hot pixels: you can see they are present on the ground as well as the sky:

The few random speckles that are not in the same place from shot to shot are sensor noise from the usual causes (You Know What
)

You can also see from this animation that the exposure time is virtually identical to the gap between exposures (just under two minutes). Each frame has the elongated image of the moon starting almost exactly where it ends in the previous image - there is almost no "missing time" between frames.
edit on 5-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Here we go for anyone that is interested in actually educating themselves:

Stellarium

It's free.....it's educational.....and yes, you can even change your location to Mars, to the exact Lat and Long that Curiosity is at. Change the date and time.....

And then look for yourself.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Far too much effort. Why would anyone want to educate themselves or learn anything when they could spend that time posting rubbish about UFOs?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Arken

I really don't know what that is but i just wanted to say great work!

I don't belive there is life past or present in our solar system outside of Earth but I admire your dedication to looking and have read many of your threads (you should compile them all into a nice list)

Keep it up! I hope one day you find the proof to shut everyone up, who themselves have put in no effort at all!
edit on 5-5-2014 by Glz00 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Similar to this object/craft. Maybe some lunar exposure

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
First, I wondered why no one commented on this earlier. Second, this looks a lot like the object from the 1989 Soviet "Phobos 2" incident. In 1989, the Soviets sent a probe to the Mars moon Phobos. It actually made it, inserted into orbit, and then before it could launch its smaller lander-probes, contact was lost. What was shocking was that they sent back pictures of a massive cylinder shaped object that the "Phobos 2" probe may have collided with. The probe did not fail, it was destroyed all at once. Phobos caught pictures of the objects shadow on mars with both its visible and infrared cameras. The Soviets classified the last direct photo of the object, which was later smuggled out of the USSR. The pictures of that object look a lot like this thing. My theory is maybe Mars has a third smaller moon, shaped like a cylinder(perhaps the remnants of a column of lava ejecta from somewhere else that got caught in mars gravity). The Soviets could not believe it, they blamed it on a UFO mother ship, or thought it was a US star-wars type weapon. I seriously think Mars has a cylinder-Moon, and this is it.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EHowardHuntClub
Second, this looks a lot like the object from the 1989 Soviet "Phobos 2" incident.

Well, that was also a hoax as discussed here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join