It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesephobe - could this be a new word for the 21st century?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent008

Those three little words come to mind

PUT IT AWAY

now im off to vomit

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Fat people are of course sexy to the people who are attracted to such a body condition though, sexy being a subjective term. I agree that such flaunting proud exposure of fat bodies is becoming an accepted norm though, one which I find a certain element of urgh, yuk, when I see it myself.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marvinthemartian
Lol, not the prettiest pics I agree.

I have actually had some enjoyable sexual times with a fatter than I would normally like partner.
Years ago I was bluntly asked by a long time colleague in a lift/elevator.
Paraphrase: "Fancy coming back to mine for sex after work, I know a relationship isn't on offer but I'd rather have sex with you who I trust than the prick bloke types I only meet on a Fri/Sat night"
We had a good little arrangement for a few months until I got serious enough with someone else and had agreed with them that shagging other people wasn't happening anymore.

...she was not in the league of those pics though.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Geeza

we have all woken up and freaked cos

in the words of Cathy Burk "yes you pulled a fat bird when you were pissed"

just don't make a habit of it

and remember it will leave emotional scars that last for ever

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I prefer Lipophobe.

I don't think there is any reason to be unreasonably cruel to people who are obese just because they are obese, but I don't think society needs to go out of its way to accommodate them either.

edit on 5-5-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

As it remains my right to be repulsed by arrogant, judgemental asshats.

Like yourself?
Namecalling because he stated that he dislikes fat women (*SHOCKER* like most men) really tells us more about your intolerances than anything else.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Haha lipophobe is good, and I agree, it would be cruel for me to volunteer my thoughts when not asked, but having to pretend I'm not repulsed (when asked) smacks of insincerity and lies. I prefer honesty, but it seems some folk do not.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Yusomad
Yes, but this chap apparently feels that expressing revulsion about imagined intimate moments with a fat person is now unacceptable, and should be hidden like a dirty secret, even if asked...strange, I know.
edit on 5-5-2014 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Ultimately, people can live how they want to live but it's quite ridiculous to tell someone who they should and should not be attracted to.

I don't think anyone did...I think a lot of people do not read the OP.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: marvinthemartian

PUT IT AWAY

now im off to vomit

I don't think fat is the problem with those persons.

Not many Christians around I note, who has a Mother or Grandmother who is not thin...people laughing at them, I hope Jesus is disguised as one of these sometimes get a good chance to show your true hearts.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
This is Social Issues and Civil Unrest, in a topic started by a skeptical agnostic atheist who has no faith.
Please start a topic in the religious forums if you would like to explain that Christian people pretend they are not turned off by fat people when asked.
In this topic and OP, fat IS the problem, or more precisely, the contrived acceptance and pretend love for fat in a false society is the problem. Obesephobia = Expressing that fat bodies make you go Urgh yuk.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
That is kind of shallow. But I am also shallow in a sense, I like bigger girls (bbw) (pawgs) whatever you want to call them. But sometimes........It's just too much and you have to say something. I don't believe in false self esteem boosting. Then they run around with tiny clothes and get praised for it. NOOOOOOO MORE!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m
"False self esteem boosting" Excellently put. This thread shows there are people who advocate such a societal policy though, as does my friend in the OP who thought I was unkind because my reasons for not wanting to explore intimacy with our mutual female friend was due to excess body fat.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: marvinthemartian

PUT IT AWAY

now im off to vomit

I don't think fat is the problem with those persons.

Not many Christians around I note, who has a Mother or Grandmother who is not thin...people laughing at them, I hope Jesus is disguised as one of these sometimes get a good chance to show your true hearts.

I don't see it as a Christian thing but if I were to contextualize it that way I would say that Honesty and Truth are not sins but Gluttony and Sloth are (and "deadly" ones at that). Pointing out such seems like good godly behavior if you have a relationship with them. Not arguing with you Char-Lee.. you just prompted my post/rant.
The problem is not the brutal honesty. It is the brutality in which people seek comfort about their own shortcomings so we forget to honor the individual. But make no mistake someone should always hear the truth. Just respectfully and hopefully from someone they know loves them.
I am repulsed every day when I pick my son up from school and see the amount of folks that look just like the photo's in this thread. I truly wonder of those folks have mirrors. I can not imagine getting up in the morning and looking at that reflection and being content and if not spending the day doing nothing about it.
I am disappointed every week at the supermarket when I have to dodge someone on an electric scooter that has no problem walking to their car.
I am also angered when my obese sister-in-law breaks my toilet off its' anchors and leaves without saying anything.
Fat people are a serious societal problem costing us billions in unintended costs and yet here we are worrying about offending them. They cause more stress to our already horrible healthcare system than smokers and drug abusers.
edit on 5/5/2014 by howmuch4another because: speeeelling

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm not attracted to dumb people, go figure. Women just say someone else is not their type so its better to talk in code to the simple minded.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

I am repulsed every day when I pick my son up from school and see the amount of folks that look just like the photo's in this thread. I truly wonder of those folks have mirrors.

I guess you all look real good to yourselves in the mirror. Must have no imperfections. RaRa for you.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: howmuch4another

I am repulsed every day when I pick my son up from school and see the amount of folks that look just like the photo's in this thread. I truly wonder of those folks have mirrors.

I guess you all look real good to yourselves in the mirror. Must have no imperfections. RaRa for you.

What a childish response. No lots I don't like, but I take action on what I can including losing 60 lbs when I needed a change. I am well aware of my flaws as I am reminded by those that love me what I can improve. Sorry if you don't have that kind of support.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

"My daugher like you I would guess is and extreme athlete "

Actually no. I stopped all traditional exercise 10 years ago. Going hard almost killed me. I had lots of knowledge but I was not very smart.

But that is another story.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well, "De gustibus non est disputandum", or as my Aussie friends say "Each cat its own rat".

There's nothing wrong with being turned on by what you're turned on by. I would not be excited by a bed whale. Sorry, but there it is.

I decline to be politically correct in bed. If you want to try to be judgemental about that, well, haters got to hate, as my son would say.

I've got a very few friends who really LIKE overly pudgy women. But me, no.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is my take on the extreme views people have on obesity....

Many terms and emotional strings have been highjacked by obesity apologists. These are the people who use words like acceptance and tolerance as a weapon to silence others with real concern.

First the academics were paid to give advice on nutrition.... the advice was fraudulent. Not a mistake, actually scientific fraud.

Then they where paid to warn us of the coming obesity epidemic. ( but again gave fake advice on how to prevent it ) Eg... running is the cure.

Now that same group of self professed academic "experts" are being paid to come up with endless apologies / excuses.

A tipping point is coming. And views will become more polarized, not less. Quite simply the obesity apologists have played the "victim" card to often.

Note: If you look at the smoking debate. And the ban on smoking in public spaces... It directly reflects obesity. Dishonest scientists, marketers, freedom of choice, denial it is affecting others, addictive behavior etc.... it all leads to one thing. Everyone being forced to face the truth one day and peoples feelings will simply not come into it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join