It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin does not speak for all Christians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: beezzer

alright this free speech stuff is getting on my nerves.

LOL

Yeah, we'd be so much better off just saying things you liked to hear.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Lets talk about what we think free speech was meant to be. and what the idea was for free speech. I thought it was for people like Galileo to say an idea of what they believed without fear of being harmed pr persecuted. I thought free speech was really meant for people that have an innovative idea about something and being able to have a safe place to say it. I thought free speech was for people like Martin Luther king JR who with his speech tried to change peole's minds and beliefs.

I don't think free speech was meant for debasement and negative put downs and hate speech. SO lets use the gift that our founders gave us not abuse it

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Lets talk about what we think free speech was meant to be. and what the idea was for free speech. I thought it was for people like Galileo to say an idea of what they believed without fear of being harmed pr persecuted. I thought free speech was really meant for people that have an innovative idea about something and being able to have a safe place to say it. I thought free speech was for people like Martin Luther king JR who with his speech tried to change peole's minds and beliefs.

I don't think free speech was meant for debasement and negative put downs and hate speech. SO lets use the gift that our founders gave us not abuse it

Sorry, but I'm going to say things that upset you.
I'm going to say things you disagree with.
I'm going to say things YOU consider hate speech.
I'm going to say things YOU consider distasteful.

And I'm going to repeat what I say.
I'm am going to speak without fear.
Without intimidation.
Without threat.

Get over yourself, porkchop!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I am Christian, although I am not American, so perhaps my viewpoint will not be as valuable to your specific inquiry. What I would say, is that a good percentage of the effluent that spills from that womans mouth, has nothing to do with Christ. She has such a thirst for blood, such addiction to fury. I must say, I know what it is like to be enraged by events, and even to rant about them. However, I do so from a position of little to no power to inspire others to the same manner of thought.

However, she uses her political position to spout hatred, and speak casually about matters which require care and sensitivity. She lacks finesse, and worst of all, rather than using her power to promote peace and compassion, which any good Christian would, even when driven to distraction by the ills in the world, the only peace she promotes is by way of desolation, since if she, or those with similar mindset, were to find themselves in control of a nuclear arms cache, she would most assuredly use them.

She seeks peace by way of oblivion. That is not the way of Christ. It is the very opposite.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
She's extreme right wing fundamentalist and has her little niche.
She's the right wing version of the left wing Al Sharpton.
Not a whole lotta' folks take these kind of people seriously ... thank God.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ever since 9-11 the right-wing christians in this country have been getting more and more like the Muslims they hate. Not that I approve of Islam at all, but it's scary how extreme the christians have been getting.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Palin and religion....gotta love it!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Free speech is a wonderful thing.

She can say whatever she wants.

You can say whatever you want.

And I can say whatever I want.

Of course she can say whatever she wants, and she did. She's not under arrest, she's not sitting in jail and no one from the government is hauling her before a court. But, just as she is free to say whatever she wants, so are the people who criticize her for her comment. Just as she exercised her 1st amendment right, so is everyone in this thread or in the media calling for a a-hole for proclaiming "waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists." She puts the ugly in ugly American.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Sarah Palin is just trying to stay relevant in the current political arena. She hurts the conservative movement
much more than wins converts. She was one of the main reasons McCain lost and apparently she doesn't realize it.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

you said you consider in your little rant there. so lets get into it more in depth

what do YOU consider hate speech?

and are you a person that wants or likes to say things that YOU CONSIDER hateful?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

you said you consider in your little rant there. so lets get into it more in depth

what do YOU consider hate speech?

I actually dislike the term "hate speech". Any speech could be considered "hateful" based on who gets offended. That's why I try not to buy into the political correct bull-poop.

and are you a person that wants or likes to say things that YOU CONSIDER hateful?

I don't say things I consider hateful. Hate is in the eye of the beholder. There is just too many thin-skinned people who get offended at the drop of a hat anymore.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 3-5-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

wait a minute let me see if i canmake sesne of this in a previous response you said you will says things that I consider hateful.

But there is nothing that you dont think is negative of abusive that can be said to someone e by you. you have never said anything negative or abusive towards someone?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

wait a minute let me see if i canmake sesne of this in a previous response you said you will says things that I consider hateful.

But there is nothing that you dont think is negative of abusive that can be said to someone e by you. you have never said anything negative or abusive towards someone?

I could potty out gold coins and rainbows and someone will probably get offended.

Many DO get offended by what I write. That's their problem, not mine.

I don't force anyone to read what I write.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

and furthermore how do you know what things I consider hatefull if you dont have an idea of what you consider hateful or negative or whatever the term you want to use?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

your still not really answering the question but alright.

one mor etime what for you in your opinion for beezer would be negatice or something bad? for you not anybody else I am talking about for you?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

and furthermore how do you know what things I consider hatefull if you dont have an idea of what you consider hateful or negative or whatever the term you want to use?

I could care less WHAT you consider hateful.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
DP, again!
edit on 3-5-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

your still not really answering the question but alright.

one mor etime what for you in your opinion for beezer would be negatice or something bad? for you not anybody else I am talking about for you?

If you said that you wanted to kill me, I would find that rather distasteful.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Peanut butter and mayonnaise..

She's just like most women, emotionally comprimised and irrelevant..

It's a joke.. Calm down.

Yeah, I've been to her church. Their a very strange breed of Valley Trash. I can say that because, I'm Valley trash as well. She's no different than any other party girl from Wasilla, Jesus, drugs, repent, whatnot.
edit on 3-5-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join