It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin does not speak for all Christians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I was suprised not to see this story already posted. I had just wanted to comment on this but couldnt find it posted on ATS. So Palin was speaking at an NRA conference and made the remark that "waterboarding is baptism for terrorist".

There are so many things I find wrong with that.first what it called to mind was a crusade type mentality I know she probably was not thinking along those lines but thats what got sparked in my mind. Second is being baptised and waterboarded are two totally different things and have two very different meanings behind them.
Being baptised is accpetance of the lord. being waterboarded is being forced to give information that you do or do not have. How she brought these two together I will never know.

I would probably like to see some christians stand up tot his and denounce this kind of talk.

(so apparently where I am at I cannot link to the story, you can just do a search for it)
edit on 30-4-2014 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

She is so irrelevant...I'm surprised she is still gets any attention...just ignore her and she will eventually fade away...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Being baptised does not mean you accept the lord.

I was baptised against my will, I was not asked if i wanted to be baptised, although i was only a baby at the time, so just like those being waterboarded i did not give my consent.

Religion the downfall of man.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You would probably like that?
Well I guess it's a start. I would like the concept of conscience to make a comeback. If religion wants to get on that train, the more the merrier.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

If she is so irrelevant, why did the audience erupt in a big cheer after she made the comment?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

haha I wish that would happen I mean does she honestly have any good ideas other then saying

" well heres what I would do to Mr. Obama"

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bhaal

But no thats the "meaning" of being Baptised. thats the meaning behind it

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
She doesn't speak for all Americans, or Conservatives either. (that's about all the attention she deserves from me frankly, it's pitiful what we have been reduced to, on all points socio-politically speaking)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Who ever claimed she did besides her obsessed haters? Do you have proof she ever made such a claim?

And yes she is irrelevant. She holds no office and she is not running for any office that I am aware of.

She speaks for herself only.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Well I am saying she made the claim that she speaks for Christian's but when you mentioned being baptized in a speech that brings to mind christanity.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Who ever claimed she did besides her obsessed haters? Do you have proof she ever made such a claim?

And yes she is irrelevant. She holds no office and she is not running for any office that I am aware of.

She speaks for herself only.

Palin: ‘Waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists’

Here is a link to a article where she makes that statement. Apparently she hasn't notice that many schools now have armed guards to protect kids. How could this moron call herself a Christian.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Some Christian conservatives denounce Palin’s waterboarding-baptism metaphor

She certainly doesn't speak for all Christians. That's about the least Christian thing she could say. It's disgusting.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Free speech is a wonderful thing.

She can say whatever she wants.

You can say whatever you want.

And I can say whatever I want.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
I beg to differ, apparently you can be held to liable for making movies that offend others sensibilities, you can lose your business for saying racially charged statements within your own home, you can lose your job for having a religious stance that doesnt support the popular prevailing sentiment on freedom of marriage...no I'd say right now we are in a state where freedom of speech is being impugned.

I DO NOT state my own opinion in support or otherwise of the above mentioned issues, just raising an observation for some candid contemplation...things are moving in a not so free speech manner lately. Normally I'd agree with you.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
I beg to differ, apparently you can be held to liable for making movies that offend others sensibilities, you can lose your business for saying racially charged statements within your own home, you can lose your job for having a religious stance that doesnt support the popular prevailing sentiment on freedom of marriage...no I'd say right now we are in a state where freedom of speech is being impugned.

I DO NOT state my own opinion in support or otherwise of the above mentioned issues, just raising an observation for some candid contemplation...things are moving in a not so free speech manner lately. Normally I'd agree with you.

You're right.

Free speech means only saying what is politically correct anymore.

*sigh*

I miss freedom.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Amen my friend, me too. At least Im still free to smoke a tenderloin this weekend.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Amen my friend, me too. At least Im still free to smoke a tenderloin this weekend.

Sorry. You're now in a no-smoking neighborhood.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You know whats scary? With the push to not allow wood burning for heat, it is entirely possible that I wont be allowed to smoke chicken over cherry soon.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

alright this free speech stuff is getting on my nerves. Yeah there is a thing called free speech but you shouldnt have a right to abuse it by saying hate speech saying lies or miss chracterizing things and alluding to things to get a "gotcha moment".

yeah you also have a right to be ignorant but dont force your ignorance on others

and thats what other's and Palin is doing when she jumps on a podium and makes flippiant statements without thinking.

We learn this as a kid " think before you speak"

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

oh that link warms the heart it does

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join