It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'ObamaCare Approved' Insurance Goes into Effect Tomorrow and Why I am ANGRY About It

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Our company had a meeting today. Part of the meeting was explaining our new coverage from Blue Cross/Blue Shield under the new health care law. The cost is decided by age and location, mostly.

As a 27 year old, my new plan will cost $416.98/mo. ($5,003.76/yr.)
My father, a 53 year old, will have to pay $805.48/mo. ($9665.76/yr.)
How insane is this?? But wait,

Now, we are fortunate enough to work for a great company. A great company who has elected, very honorably, to pay for 90% of the cost for all of their 39 employees. Now, my bi-weekly payment for insurance is actually $1.77 cheaper. The coverage is not nearly as good, but it would seem, money wise, that I made out O.K.
But wait, there's more.

Just when I thought there was going to be a silver lining, more storm clouds. Pay attention here, because this is where it gets down right offensive.

The owners of the company I work for, are essentially getting penalized for helping the employees out. The money that they are going to pay out of their own pocket, to help with our health care cost, is getting an extra 6% tacked on it as a tax. Insanity.
That's not the end of it either. On my 2015 taxes, the money my company paid to help cover the cost, will be accredited to me, as income and will be taxed as income. So basically, my taxes will show that I earned an extra $4503.39 that I never had in my pocket, or even laid eyes on. What a double dip. Tax my employer when he pays, then turn around and tax the same money, as my income.

This bogus system/law NEEDS to be repealed before it bleeds the middle class dry.
I am still waiting for one person that I know personally who is in favor of this law. Sure, there were plenty of the not too long ago, when ignorance was bliss and ObamaCare was in the near future, but since it has been implemented, I have not talked to one person who is in favor of this 'Obama'nation of a law/system

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

it was nothing but a tax scam and control messure from the getgo and believe it or not people still swear it's a GOOD THING.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Ok...if you do not even SEE a doctor all year....you still have to pay that. PLUS youll have to pay whatever deductable amount you agreed to satisfy FIRST BEFORE any benefits begin be covered.

So you pay the insurance...and any doctor bills, prescriptions etc up to...say you have a $2500 deductable? You pay that $5000+ a year you mentioned...and STILL pay your doctors costs. Because that what a satified deductable means. You have to reach whatever deductable out of your own pocket first and then your insurance kicks in.

So...if your healthy...you pay your premiums each month. If youre sick or get sick? You still pay your premiums...AND the doctor and script and test bills TOO...until you satisfy the deductable you agreed to.

Every one is different. My coworker got a great yearly rate...and a $3000 deductable. Then he realizes he's healthy, but if he wants to see a doctor, or get tests, meds etc...he STILL has to pay his monthly premiums and the FULL doc, med and tests bill FIRST...to satisy that $3000 deductable....so that would be around $8000 that year for the deductable to satisy...before the insurance works...and the $5000 for the premiums he cant use until he pays the $3000 deductable first.

I have insurance and need an MRI. That I have to pay for because its $1700...and I have a $2500 dedictable I have to pay before the insurance I pay premiums on...kicks in.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm afraid the 'law' will never be repealed. It wasn't designed to be - by either party.
When you take away all the 'fluff' you end up with a law that will eventually enslave people.
Concentration camps for forced labor are not needed in this 'Ponzi' scheme.

I have a bad feeling that if anybody has a sudden, catastrophic health emergency, and can't meet their deductible, our benevolent government will put a lien on any/ all possessions of value. No more 'estates' being passed on to heirs.....

It will take a few decades, but the number of people in America with financial holdings will be a limited few. The government is well on it's way to owning us, and all we have.

Even those who have benefited ( Medicaid) are beginning to realize that ACA is not a good thing for anybody but the top 1%.
There needs to be a MAJOR outcry over the injustice of politicians being able to 'opt out'. They should not be allowed to live by a different set of laws than the people they are SUPPOSED to serve.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Quite the racket they have going on.
Hopefully all those who oppose this garbage will voice it very loud and clear enough to hear in DC

Wait.. forgot that they don't care what we want.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Oh honey, it's going to get even better. I work for a company, like you apparently, but right now, they are paying 100%. I deal directly with our insurance broker, that handles the Blue Cross.

Want to know what I got a month ago?

A letter from Blue Cross. Stating that by Law, the ACA, I have to send them a quarterly wage report. So they know how much each employee makes. TO BASE THE NEXT HEALTHCARE INCREASE ON!!!!!!!!!!!

So, not only are you going to be taxed on what your company pays, as income, you are going to be charged, based on your pay.

More and more information is coming to light about what is in this bill. AND NONE OF IT IS GOOD!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yep...the whole industry is crap....I took care of my elderly folks and brother until each passed away...and even with great "coverage" and V.A. (military) benefits...they had to pay premiums and all the up-front medical and hospital costs up front to satisfied those deductables...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You can keep your plan if you like your plan. So long as your plan is my plan and if it is not well then, don't plan ahead.

Case and point, if you are thinking you should have spent $1500 or so to take the family to see Disney World, you are right you should have done that in the past. Now that you don't know the future (like employment status or future tax bills signed into law) you best keep that $1500 or so to meet your deductible. After all it is just like mafia insurance for business, you would hate for something to happen if you don't pay up.

Personally, I suggest everyone to read up on the history of The Stamp Act and The Intolerable Acts And see for yourself how this compares to The Patriot Act(s), NSA spying, Obamacare and multiple BLM land grabs going on lately.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yep

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The whole thing is crap. I live in a small town and earn minimum wage and make about 14-15K a year. But I can't get assistance with medical insurance premiums because it's asset based with a cap of $10,000 which my house is worth $35K so I would have to pay full price through my employer of $330.00/month for insurance. Needless to say, I won't be buying medical insurance.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well it appears that I still don't know anyone who is in favor of this garbage.

nugget1: I have also been thinking along those lines, when it comes to property liens on those who can't pay their bills.
I also agree that both parties want this. The scary thing is, when the mid-terms come up and the GOP gains power (speculation) they will make changes to it, in a fake effort to get it repealed. It won't be repealed and will be worse than it was before , as planned.

chiefsmom: Sounds like you work for some good people. You are absolutely right about how the more that comes out, the worse it looks. The worst is surely yet to come.

mysterioustranger: It is truly sad that even veterans, young and old, have to deal with this bull. All the while, the politicians who sent them to war, exempted themselves from the ACA on the first day.

Ahabstar: Very interesting stuff there. If only citizens could stick together like they did back then. You paint an interesting picture by combining these current and past events.

StoutBroux: I hope that you can find a way to make it out there. it would seem like this law is meant to rub guys like you out. Try not to get hurt anytime soon. When my employer was going trough how our policy was changing, new costs and other options, people in your type of situation were the first people that I thought of. Good luck my friend.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

That is nothing compare with the tax fees in the billions that the government is supposuely to tag insurers with, the insurers will turn around and tag the consumer with more expenses in order to come out even so their profits will not take a hit.

Expected fees that will be paid by insurance to the government.

2014 8 billion
2015 11.3 billion
2016 11.3 billion
2017 13.9 billion
2018 14.3 billion

Now can anybody tell where the money will come from in order for insures to be able to make profits? ACA was never to be affordable is nothing but a government and insurance scam

Policy Efforts on the Health Insurer Fee

The Affordable Care Act levies an annual fee on health insurers of $8 billion starting in 2014, which increases over time. The fee applies to all health insurance risk revenue, including Medicaid and CHIP business. The cost of the annual insurer fee will be passed along to states and the federal government, raising costs in the program.

www.mhpa.org...

The whole scam is bound to fail.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The Middle Class will end up paying that.

1) Higher premiums.

2) Taxpayer funded subsidies.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Those taxes are being passed on to the "consumers" already.....if my monthly statement is any indication.
I an taxed about 12% of the entire premium, including the part that is the subsidy.

For example:
Premium = $500.
Subsidy = $350.
Tax = $65.
My portion: $215.

Forgot to add:
My outpatient deductible, on top of that is over $6000 per year.
And, just so you know....even if everything remained static and rates were not raised...you would pay more each year for your premium.....kinda like a birthday present from Uncle Sam

edit on Thu May 1 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Yes that is true, the taxes will keep increasing every year regardless, and so the premiums and out of pocket expenses for the consumer, I wonder how much will ACA end result will be.

The way it looks and I am sure that the increases will fluctuate and not for the best, will render ACA eventually unsustainable.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

My dear the middle class as you know is always the one that takes the burden of the tax increases, but sadly in a growing welfare nation I wonder how long will that last.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

www.cbsnews.com...

Seems that just above Half have actually paid for this crap sandwich.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

The article talks about the initial consumers, I imagine that the initial consumers were those that lost their insurance premiums because of ACA and would have pay for insurance anyway regardless.

What I want to know is how many of those that never have insurance are paying for it, after all most of the enrollees within the poor group that the government is not targeting unless is to show that people sign up for insurance are on Medicaid.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What??? You want actual hard numbers showing failure or success from the Govt???

Would you like that un-convoluted or convoluted?

Ain't gonna happen.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Elections have consequences. Today would be a wonderful day for you to personally thank an Obama voter!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join