It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not JUST a Godzilla movie.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
.... are you serious? If so, that's fine but... Damn dude, I've never met anyone who liked that movie. a reply to: AfterInfinity

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Your lack of stars indicates your lack of taste with regards to Godzilla. The 1998 version was an adequate "monster" flick, but it was not, in, any, way, Godzilla.

Then, to equate Man of Steel with it, oy vey.

Are you 12 or did you sleep through the 70s and 80s?

ETA: for those who know (Obviously not AfterInfinity) is that Mothra? I am guessing Mothra. Love me some Mothra, but Gammarah is better, but I don't think it would "fly" these days. No one will "believe" a turtle who fly by spinning with fire jets shooting out of the holes where its legs go. Especially not AfterInfinity. He probably wouldn't know the difference between a Gammarah movie and Tortoise in Love

Now Rodan; that would be AWESOME, but it doesn't appear to be Rodan. Neck is too short.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

(post by Bakatono removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
Meh...I'm a fan of the 1998 version, personally. Very nice effects, decent plot, smooth flow, exciting to the finish. For someone who isn't a Godzilla buff, that movie was a pretty sweet popcorn flick. This one feels like the Man of Steel of the Godzilla series. Like they're trying to take this Godzilla a little too seriously.

omfg has it been that long?

Is the new film a remake of the ghidorah version?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Antlers

Well it was pretty good for a giant mutated iguana movie.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bakatono

Your lack of stars indicates your lack of taste with regards to Godzilla. The 1998 version was an adequate "monster" flick, but it was not, in, any, way, Godzilla.

Then, to equate Man of Steel with it, oy vey.

Are you 12 or did you sleep through the 70s and 80s?

ETA: for those who know (Obviously not AfterInfinity) is that Mothra? I am guessing Mothra. Love me some Mothra, but Gammarah is better, but I don't think it would "fly" these days. No one will "believe" a turtle who fly by spinning with fire jets shooting out of the holes where its legs go. Especially not AfterInfinity. He probably wouldn't know the difference between a Gammarah movie and Tortoise in Love

Now Rodan; that would be AWESOME, but it doesn't appear to be Rodan. Neck is too short.

Your concern for my "lack of taste" is touching.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antlers
.... are you serious? If so, that's fine but... Damn dude, I've never met anyone who liked that movie. a reply to: AfterInfinity

Maybe I just have low standards. On the bright side, those low standards usually enable me to enjoy a wider range and variety of movies than most cinematic connoisseurs. Which means that in case where other people are complaining about a waste of money, I'm smiling because I enjoyed the movie. So I guess that means I win.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Oh, yeah. I've seen 'em all. I even did a Godzilla marathon with my ex a couple of years ago... Hmm...there might be a connection there...

Naaaah...couldn't be.

If it's got Godzilla in it, I'm watchin' it. Even that one a few years ago...it wasn't as good as the one's I grew up watching...

...But it's Godzilla, for cryin' out loud.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Hey, man, if you liked it, good for you. I've seen many worse monster movies than that one...King Kong in the seventies comes quickly to mind.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Anyone ever play the Godzilla fight game for Gamecube. That has got to be my all time favorite fighting game.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging
Anyone ever play the Godzilla fight game for Gamecube. That has got to be my all time favorite fighting game.

The one with all the Godzilla characters fighting in the middle of a miniaturized city?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Hey, man, if you liked it, good for you. I've seen many worse monster movies than that one...King Kong in the seventies comes quickly to mind.

According to some quick research I did, I'm one of very few people who enjoyed the movie at all. Kind of surprising, really. I mean, a lot of the blowback stemmed from the numerous liberties taken with Godzilla and its origin and its assault on the mainland, but I tend to appreciate a story that can be told without dragging in 40-50 years worth of background and details for the express purpose of mollifying hardcore fans. It's a delicate art, balancing between the casual moviegoer and dedicated fanatics of a franchise. And I think the effort to share between the two is often what costs a movie its quality. So many different people adore so many different aspects that it's hard to deliver to everyone at once. Which means that, in the end, it's about telling the story for the sake of the story, and not just giving everyone a 3D CGI version of the same movie they saw 15 years ago. I mean, some movies are direct translations, and some are interpretations, telling a story as someone else sees it. So I guess a "good" movie depends on why you're watching it.
edit on 1-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl
Saturday afternoon creature feature on channel 50(with a coat hanger antenna),those were the days my friend!

edit on 1-5-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Okay...so I come home last night...and someone (probably
a poltergeist, cause no one else in my house will) has run
the dishwasher.

It's closed, locked, and I need a glass.

It's the middle of the night, so I open it slowly to try to be
quiet, but instead the washer hinges start making this amazing,
screeching, angry, moaning, roar....

....And I suddenly realize where the foley guys got the sound
for Godzilla's scream...it was a dishwashing machine door.

...either that or an ironing-board being opened

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

I'm actually pretty excited for this Godzilla movie too. They filmed some of the "San Francisco" scenes in New Westminster, British Columbia and they turned an area by my house into a disaster zone. I walked out of the train station to a police car pancaked by cement debris and at first was really confused as to what was going on.

Plus Bryan Cranston?! Count me in.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Cool... Anyhow Ghidorah has three heads and looks a bit like a dragon... This is more of a ptero-beast monster, so it's got to be Rodan. Might be a fun flick, the part where it was swatting planes out of the air in the trailer seemed pretty wild.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Were the planes being swatted? Didn't really see but got the impression that some sort of critter EMP type thing was at work.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am beyond excited about this movie; I too watched the old movies as a kid, loved them. After Godzilla my favorite was Gamera(flying turtle for the win!)

Me and the hubby were also thinking that it's Rodan he's gonna fight(unless new monster, maybe? But though seeing it quickly, I don't think it was Mothra...)

Now, if there's ever a sequel? Please please please let him fight King Kong!
That would be boss.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I've written, directed and produced movies. I thought the 98 Godzilla was not very good.

CJ

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join