It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Know Where Your Nearest Nuclear Bunker Is?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nothing really here in Connecticut and I am in the hit list area!

www.ki4u.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
where i grew up there were three in down town, one under the police station and library another under los gatos high school's front lawn(room for hundreds if not thousands) and i think there is one near the old folks home off the side of hw 17 .growing up my plan was always to go into wrights station (old rail way tunnel from santa cruz to sanjoseish area )

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

Nope, but I know where my local hidden underground cave is.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So after thousands of nukes are unleashed and every nuclear power plants across the globe go into UN attended nuclear meltdown

People actually think they can survive on this planet still?

Hmm

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
well if you live in the USA then maybe there is still a public shelter for you to use,
but if you live in the UK then you are pretty stuffed as there are not any public shelters, unless you count the London Underground tunnel network.

and 98% of the Gov/Mil bunkers have been De-commisioned and sold off, the ones that are left are strictly for Mil use only,
just before the time of the end of the cold war there were several studies undertaken that showed that 99% of the UK bunkers would be useless in an actual nuclear exchange.

even if you found one of these de-com bunkers , (for example the last one to be built in the 1990`s was recently sold off up in Scotland. )
Ok you might be safe ....but you would have no fuel or water in the tanks, and no food etc. a pretty grim existence if you survived through it all :-(

if anyone would like more info on the subject please let me know and i will go into more detail.
and as always check out : www.subbrit.org.uk... for all things UK underground

Snoopyuk

edit on 28-4-2014 by snoopyuk because: sp

edit on 28-4-2014 by snoopyuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

OP, I believe I know where they SHOULD be. I should be able to find a civil defense bunker beneath the old courthouse, old schools that date within the right range or similar things. ...Should be....

The question is, since the U.S. basically decided we'd never be attacked directly again in this world, Civil Defense is a much a part of history as Howdy Doody. So, even if I busted my way into the civil defense shelter I know must be under the courthouse here...I'm not sure it would do any good?

I mean, there won't be food, water, sensors for radiation or anything else which it held back when it was taken seriously to it's purpose. I hope other nations haven't abandoned all sense of national civilian defense the way we have. Hubris....It'll be our undoing, I believe.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
So after thousands of nukes are unleashed and every nuclear power plants across the globe go into UN attended nuclear meltdown

People actually think they can survive on this planet still?

Hmm

Of course they do! The survivalist mentality is hard wired into American meme conscientiousness. And there are plenty of people [like me] profiting from this delusion. Dried food and guns and all the other accouterments of survivalism is BIG business. Invest in Fear...............

www.alternet.org...

While all the survivalist are hunkered down or stuck in traffic trying to make it to their safe refuge .....I plan on cashing my dividend checks and celebrating their obsessive fear and having a Dos XX on some beach somewhere. We're blessed that the spirit of entrepreneurship is alive and well in America.

Spotting trends is the path to prosperity...I saw this one coming when they elected a black president.
edit on 28-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: thepolish1

LOL! Never fear, because I am a ham sandwich. Smooth rip, btw.

Hopefully people don't need to know where they're at.

<< 1  2   >>

join