It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Know Where Your Nearest Nuclear Bunker Is?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Given current events, it might not be a bad time to locate your nearest nuclear bunker. Whether or not one will have time to go running for shelter when all hell breaks loose is another matter. However I do think it is wise to at least prepare and know where to go to should the SHTF and the Earth is reduced to a nuclear wasteland. So I was wondering has anyone here looked up where their nearest nuclear shelter is? I think it was a mistake personally, to close down all the fallout shelters from the Cold War. Stupid folly that was and potentially a war crime. Although having said that the very act of nuclear war is a war crime in itself. Anyway I would be interested to hear if anyone has taken the time to look up their local nuclear bunker!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Ours is under the local council HQ however its now their junk dump section and all the air/water equipment got ripped out to make space after they did a review and found out that some guy had been siphoning off the generator fuel for his car for years and it was only a few feet under ground so was useless without a major refurb

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
We are in the blast zone for Philadelphia. I don't think that it would matter if we were in an old fallout bunker or not. With today's bombs and with our positioning ... we'd be done-for anyways. I'm not avoiding death like I used to decades ago. So I'm not really worried about it ...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
AFAIK we dont have such facilities in mallorca, altho I would not mind being proven wrong.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
My bunker will be under my beer cans. Sorry to say, but with todays nukes, there is no escape unless you are in a submarine.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
7 miles away is the nearest to me. www.rafholmpton.com...
They do tours inside the place, well recommended!
Got rough bearings of the place inside, but I'm guessing it would be on the list of strategic targets they might possibly hit due to the activity every now & again it still gets from MOD, even though it is managed now by the RAF Holmpton Preservation Society.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I typed in list all Nuclear Bunkers Scotland and got this..
www.freerepublic.com...

As i live within a 40 mile radius of the UK's entire Nuclear Arsenal I thought the least they could do for us Scots would be to build us some Bloody Bunkers....Seems they forgot and focused Mainly on England.. Unbelievable..i found 10.

Here's my Local, somehow i think it may get a bit crowded.... Ragin.

www.subbrit.org.uk...[e ditby]edit on 27-4-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Call me paranoid, but whenever I move I always check for 'safety' zones. There is a small bunker 20 minutes drive from my house, there's not much left inside, even toilets and urinals are gone but still good protection if anything should happen. There are rumours of many bunkers around this area.....may have to do my homework better.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Right across the street from my apartment used to be an area fallout/tornado shelter. It has been and still is a business. Brick#house with a basement is a better way to put it. It also used to be where the air raid sirens were located, making it annoying as hell to be home on Wednesdays. Funny thing is that it no longer served that distinction soon after 9/11. I can't pinpoint the exact date, but I did notice it. It could be just a coincidence. Maybe ownership changed. Now the ''civil defense'' signals come from the ''justice center.'' Commonly called the jail around my parts, or copshop.

On Friday of this past week, the sirens went nuts for no apparent reason. People called to local news and nobody had an explanation for it. Later they explained that it was a glitch in the matrix, no kidding. I realize that it was national tornado week, or some such, but the sirens are different. I'll play dumb because I don't want to find the link. Info like that isn't exactly forthcoming.

As far as nukular goes... remember the old adage... sit down, tuck your head between your legs, kiss your ass goodbye.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Just hop over to Ibiza,

According to Nostradamus, Ibiza Island will be the only place that’s supports human life after nuclear disaster; “Ibiza will be Earth’s final refuge after Armageddon”. He predicted that Ibiza’s peculiar prevailing wind patterns will ensure that it is be the only remaining life supporting environment left on Earth…hmmm…interesting.

ibiza.costasur.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Everyone has a failsafe nuclear bunker in their wallet...it's called a Credit Card.
As long as there is oustanding debt/opportunity to instil debt; the Banksters will ensure "well trained" populations (such as those of Eurasia) will not be terminated.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Mine is the back porch overlooking the water with my pipe in one hand and a good book in the other.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Nowadays fishermen still avoid the area. A strong magnetic force is said to emanate from Es Vedra, resulting in gigantic circles of light emerging from the sea and various other unexplained phenomena…

Sounds just like an ATS kinda place.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I don't think we even have public bunkers in Belgium... frak me.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You are fighting yester years wars !

if SHTF and this US/Russia conflict is not phony like I keep saying then the last thing you want to do is be around people because WWIII will be fought with biological weapons.

Bankers won't let us spoil the earth for them

Time Americans rained in the fat cats from Washington if you are fearful of nukes flying because the USA should not be starting trouble in Europe, it has nothing to do with you.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It's Five Minutes To Midnight , Do You Know Where Your Nearest Nuclear Bunkers Are ?

i don't belive in doomy doom and WWIII , so i don't care..

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfens
Right across the street from my apartment used to be an area fallout/tornado shelter. It has been and still is a business. Brick#house with a basement is a better way to put it. It also used to be where the air raid sirens were located, making it annoying as hell to be home on Wednesdays. Funny thing is that it no longer served that distinction soon after 9/11. I can't pinpoint the exact date, but I did notice it. It could be just a coincidence. Maybe ownership changed. Now the ''civil defense'' signals come from the ''justice center.'' Commonly called the jail around my parts, or copshop.

On Friday of this past week, the sirens went nuts for no apparent reason. People called to local news and nobody had an explanation for it. Later they explained that it was a glitch in the matrix, no kidding. I realize that it was national tornado week, or some such, but the sirens are different. I'll play dumb because I don't want to find the link. Info like that isn't exactly forthcoming.

As far as nukular goes... remember the old adage... sit down, tuck your head between your legs, kiss your ass goodbye.

I only wanted to quote the last sentence, because, It's funny, I had a poster in Russian/Polish lingo of the list of ten things to do if Russia nuked the US. I got it as a teen back in the late 80's.

But # 10 said, "Put your headski inbetween your legski and kiss your asski goodbyeski."

For where I live, I believe most of the fallout shelters have been tore down. Of course, I could talk to a few people, and find out fairly easily.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Do you really have the virus guard, VirusGuard?

It has, and only will be a conventional or tactical war. No sense in destroying your objective until you successfully mine every raw piece you can get. People in charge have an interest in self preservation. Ground war that sacrifices and hemorrhages bodies and cash is the war of the future.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well, this just brightens my day ... in a glowing, radioactive kind of way.

Looks like maybe we're in trouble no matter what we do.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: thepolish1

Dude... They don't tear these down. They become repurposed. Either sold to millionaires or FEMA. Or become in disrepair? Hard to see that, though. Missile silos in America get sold off to be used as doomsday bunkers. Soon enough, grain silos will be sold the same way to a duped public.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join