It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Know Where Your Nearest Nuclear Bunker Is?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I imagine if I tried to show up to my nearest local fallout bunker with a piece of paper I drew myself in crayon demanding I have my golden ticket the military would more than likely execute me as meticulously well tailored gentlemen passed by.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You think the Chinese want to nuke their property?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dfens

Huh? I was looking at the FEMA target maps and fallout based on prevailing winds. I'm pretty cooked no matter what.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bellor

It all depends on your delivery. Write with the same crayon the launch codes and try and make yourself important.

A pizza wouldn't hurt.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I live in close proximity of three nuclear plants in mn. I know what you're putting down. I have a question with your map though... Prevailing winds, aka jet stream, has shifted into ways south for reasons and how, that I haven't been able to figure. Of course I'm not a meteorologist, but I'm old enough to have been around the weather patterns long enough to draw conclusions. With a decent perspective. I'm pretty sure that you are safe in MO, no matter what side of the showme. New Madrid doesn't affect.

I may be wrong, but closer to the west, and not necessarily in Missouri, is the exact dead center of America?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Typically, in most towns in America in which their public buildings were built in the middle of the last century, they all have "Fallout Shelter" signs in yellow and blue posted on all entrances.

They're usually in the basements of these enormous behemoth buildings. It is doubtful whether they have kept up with water and MREs since the 70s. Modern science tells us that we will probably be able to survive a limited nuclear war if we're not directly in the blast zone, or if we're not hit with over a certain level of radiation.

I remember the days of "Civil Defense" that was active in every town in America, during the height of the cold war.

These days......if you're not bugged out already, and don't have food, water, medicine and potassium iodide stored up, might as well not worry about it. Chances are, if nukes are coming, our fearless leaders won't warn us in advance.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss
I do not think that even if people survived the blast, they would last long. The bunkers would run out of food and water, and lets face it the radiation would be so bad for years and years that coming out of the bunker would mean certain death.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
We are in the blast zone for Philadelphia. I don't think that it would matter if we were in an old fallout bunker or not. With today's bombs and with our positioning ... we'd be done-for anyways. I'm not avoiding death like I used to decades ago. So I'm not really worried about it ...

I hear you. I'm between Philly and Baltimore. Closer to Philly. But anywhere around here is screwed. The whole of the East Coast will burn. Except for the special people in the bunkers we dont know about...they will buy a few weeks or months and then die slow and painfully on the cinders they emerge to.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
FissionSurplus

Heya. You may be older than me, and a woman, still makes no difference when it is decided to take a place that could house and save, at the very least, dozens of people at once. A people should never have to expect to be nuked by their own. Nuke will never be an option. There are too many that shall be conscripted. Willing or not. Maybe the older civilizations realized as much and were revolted against. Too late.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfens

I live in close proximity of three nuclear plants in mn. I know what you're putting down. I have a question with your map though... Prevailing winds, aka jet stream, has shifted into ways south for reasons and how, that I haven't been able to figure. Of course I'm not a meteorologist, but I'm old enough to have been around the weather patterns long enough to draw conclusions. With a decent perspective. I'm pretty sure that you are safe in MO, no matter what side of the showme. New Madrid doesn't affect.

I may be wrong, but closer to the west, and not necessarily in Missouri, is the exact dead center of America?

I think it's been argued the center is somewhere in Kansas.
Missouri isn't safe. You have Kansas City, St. Louis, that nuclear plant around Columbia, and the base that the B-2 flies out from. Seen it a few times a long time ago while driving. Thought it was a ufo at first.
Nowhere is safe with the amount of plants that would go critical and the massive amount of warheads in a total exchange.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Some people say that Stull, KS is the perfect center of the world.

I'll be back to prove it.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfens
a reply to: the owlbear

Some people say that Stull, KS is the perfect center of the world.

I'll be back to prove it.

The cemetery located in Stull has gained an amount of dubious recognition due to various urban legends referring to Satan, the occult, and as being a supposed gateway to Hell. Local police have discouraged curiosity seekers from entering the cemetery, especially on Halloween, and some people have been arrested for trespassing there.

^^^yuck. it's a wiki.

I probably can find better.
edit on 27-4-2014 by dfens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Bloody hell, Cheerful Charlie strikes again...

Look on it like you're in hospital about to go under GA.

Close your eyes, think nice thoughts, and count to ten.
edit on 27.4.2014 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.4.2014 by CJCrawley because: because

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I doubt if any of my family or myself would even be allowed into a bunker if there was one around here. I am sure a select group of the locally connected people would be the only ones allowed in. Think about it, those bunkers were not built for the regular guy. You would need to know someone.

I'm not worried about knowing where one is. I don't think that Russia would target this place anyway, there are more deer up here than people.
edit on 27-4-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't think that Russia would target this place anyway, there are more deer up here than people.

In that case, it might be an idea if you moved to a nice ground zero neighbourhood.

Hunting radiation-poisoned deer doesn't sound like my idea of a fun adventure holiday...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You think there's even two in The Netherlands? Sure there's one for tpta but besides that...forget it. I'll just die instead, no problem. All life's problems end there.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dfens

The best known one in my area was under a huge old folks home, it was beautiful, it was tore down and the big hole in the ground filled in. nothing there but the wrought iron fence in front, and an empty water tower. it was over grown with weeds years ago.

It's kinda ironic that this topic has come up, cuz, just the other day I held in my hand a sticker for a door that says it was a fallout shelter from the 50's.

offtopic: I'm ok with being called a dude and all, just as long as you remember I carry my cahones a little higher than you, and mine will always be bigger.......look at my mood.....

EDIT: OUCH....you got it by two women today......must be your lucky day my friend!!!
edit on 27-4-2014 by thepolish1 because: had to enter the last bit of sarcasim.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't think a bunker will protect you from the bio/chem that would accompany the nukes.

Modern warfare is nasty business.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just to add, I'm between Chicago and Indy. Chicago would probably be a target. I said this in another thread, I'd be screwed either way, too far away for the blast, but the fallout would get me for sure.

I wouldn't have to worry about a bad hair day, that's for sure!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In an all out nuclear war, if the initial fallout didn't kill you, the fallout coming weeks later from hundreds of nuclear facilities melting down will likely kill almost everyone on the planet. This radiation I believe will keep coming. I believe it would be quite sad if aliens discovered our world and only found a dead radioactive world by the time they got here. Cockroaches would probably survive. I read they can take radiation 100,000 times higher than a human. A cockroach needs to have a direct hit by a nuclear bomb to get enough radiation to kill it. I hate to even think about what would happen if cockroaches became the most ntelligent life on the planet and evolved over a million years.

A more likely scenario is a limited nuclear war where a few cities on both sides get nuked. That would be horrible.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join