It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matty Beckerman director of "Alien Abduction" on ATS for an "Ask Me Anything" Monday!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
**UPDATE** Here's the link to the AMA:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We're pleased to bring Matty Beckerman to ATS next Monday, 28 April, 2014 for another Ask Me Anything. Matty has been a prolific film producer and decided to try his hand at directing with the new movie "Alien Abduction" which he also wrote.

You can learn more about the film here:
www.alienabductionfilm.com...

Matty's website:
www.mattybeckerman.com...

Matty Beckerman is making his directorial debut with "ALIEN ABDUCTION" a Sci-Fi thriller based on the legend of the Brown Mountain Lights.

For decades, alien abduction has been reported around Brown Mountain in Burke County, North Carolina. Now the phenomenon is dramatized in the new film, ALIEN ABDUCTION, produced by Lawrence Bender (Pulp Fiction) and Mike Fleiss (Hostel) and directed by Matty Beckerman.

Matty describes his new film as a fast-paced sci-fi thriller about a family who witnesses three lights in the sky during a camping trip. The movie includes actual interviews with real investigators. Matty himself had some rather odd experiences in the area too. There Native American legends about the area as well as a plantation owner and his servant, who vanished from Brown Mountain.
Matty believes that the phenomenon is more significant than alleged events surrounding Area 51 and Roswell because people can actually go to Brown Mountain and observe the lights for themselves.

Keep an eye out for the announcement banner at the bottom of the page Monday morning (U.S. time) which will announce the start of the AMA.
edit on 4-28-2014 by Springer because: Update

edit on 4-28-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Never heard of him. From what I have gleaned, should be an interesting character. Not that I am saying Matty Beckerman is an unknown or something, I just don't really know who many famous people are.
edit on Fri, 25 Apr 2014 22:21:39 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So...a movie director. This is relevant to ATS content how, exactly? And this after the whole thing with the last big alien abduction movie (The 4th Kind) that spread a bunch of false info about disappearances in Alaska as viral marketing. I'd suggest a couple actual abduction researchers, but the only two I can think of right now are Budd Hopkins and John Mack, and both of them are dead. So just spitballing some recommendations here: Loren Coleman, Jerome Clark, Kevin Randle, Karl Shuker, Nick Redfern...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I live here in NC, there are only a handful of abduction cases throughout the state, none of them occurring on Brown Mountain.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
As soon as I saw the title, I thought why not any alien abduction films about folk in suburban London?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This should be interesting. I've never heard of the incidents there so I'll be reading the Ask Me Anything thread for sure.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I've never heard of the incidents there...

You neither, huh? I know we are both fans of early American folklore. I know that of the two mountains in America that compete for the name that Brown Mountain is likely the first to be called Witch Mountain, and it likley has eveything to do with the lights, but this is the first I have ever heard of "alien abductions".

Yeah, I'll be around for sure, too.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Like I said, I live here, and NEVER heard off abduction stories from Brown Mountain

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Well, you might just learn something new about your area.

Also, "Alien Abduction" is a movie which has a story line based on the lights that people (including the Director) have seen up on Brown Mountain. I don't see anything that indicates it's a nonfiction history piece.

In any case, we have a young Director who was successful at raising the money for a movie he wrote about topics we all love agreeing to spend some time with us. I don't know if you've been involved in making a movie or not, but "real" movies are very hard to actually get done and they require tons of research. I bet there's a few things you might learn from him, and I positive he's going to learn some things from us, win/win.

I like the idea of our community getting to know (and vice versa) an up and coming director, successful producer and writer, who takes the topics seriously and doesn't seek to simply make fun of them.

edit on 4-27-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Sounds like a good AMA topic and guest. It's not my area of interest, so I'll probably read it without participating, so I'll be learning too. A couple of suggestions:

Is there a storehouse thread listing all of the AskMeAnything's? And is there a specific thread for guest suggestions (David Icke and Richard Hoagland come to mind, both would want the attention and both would be faced with a caliber of questions they probably haven't received very often elsewhere. And did the poster, I can't recall his name, follow up with you about the Cyril Wecht contact data?). Thanks again for the good work in rounding these critters up.

edit on 27-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yaay! Just read up on him and he should be a great guest for AMA. I'm going to watch the movie on Amazon tonight and write up a question or two. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Very very cool. I've never heard of the man nor the Brown Mountain stories. But there have been other AMA guests that I had never heard of before either and it turned out that I learned a thing or two (or three)...And I've read my fair share on alien abductions so I'll be looking forward to it.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Okay, watched the movie last night and it is great!!! Seriously gets your full attention. Hint: When you think the movie is over keep watching the credits for an answer……

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Do we post the questions for the AMA in this thread or do we wait until the 11 AM thread goes up and post them there?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

When the thread goes up. So this thread will have a link, there should be a link notice popping up on the bottom of the page, or you can just "lie in wait" on the Recent posts and be the first to post, like I did with Jesse Ventura, and then have the OP skip your question (as my mom always told me "If you're first and don't succeed, don't try again")

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

When the thread goes up. So this thread will have a link, there should be a link notice popping up on the bottom of the page, or you can just "lie in wait" on the Recent posts and be the first to post, like I did with Jesse Ventura, and then have the OP skip your question (as my mom always told me "If you're first and don't succeed, don't try again")

Thanks, Aleister

I hope we can ask more than one question this time. See ya on the thread and I hope he answers your question or questions.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You're welcome. This is one I'll sit out, as it's not one of my main areas of interest or knowledge. I'll wait until they land somewhere and start handing out press releases.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm excited about our guest. I use to live near that area in
northern NC & heard about the lights off & on for years.
I didn't realize abductions were connected to the lights
which makes it even more exciting. Unfortunately I never
experienced the lights. I am looking forward to
seeing the movie & hopefully on a big screen.

Thank you for our guest, Springer!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Matty's AMA is live now:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

I'm organizing an ATS meetup for this weekend if you want to come along and see em, if they show up

top topics

join