It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX EXPOSED: Full Clip of Bundy’s Non-Racist, Pro-Black, Pro-Mexican, Anti-Government Remarks Vs.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

Except that slavery then was brutal imprisonment by whites who seen them as animals, property. Theirs to abuse, torture, exploit and even kill.

If they are slaves now then they are their own masters. They have freedom and opportunity... No one is going to beat them down if they use that freedom as they wish.

Frankly the comparison is disgusting and offensive beyond words.

Defending this man's words now is a slippery slope that will drag everyone into the pit of racism.

Bundy is toxic now. No one in politics is going to overtly support him now.

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have this to say.. Not being white and all..

Bundy can by Hitler for all I care.. Still does not make it right what happened which made him famous in the 1st place..

The part where Merc's were going to shoot people, the part where BLM put free speech zones, the part where the fed over stepped their boundaries, and the slew of other things..

I also want to point out if they can do this to a white person, what makes any other race think they are immune? In this statement I just proved it doesn't matter who you are... White, black, green, triangle.. You are all garbage to the government.. We are their property...

The select few got all of our money(Slave work) and giving us slave hrs(80+ hrs a week in some households) while someone else enjoys the fruits of our labor..

Who said we were free?

So if you think you are white and will not get treated as a slave... Think again.. To them we are all slaves, no matter the color..

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Bundy can by Hitler for all I care.. Still does not make it right what happened which made him famous in the 1st place..

This is the real issue in my opinion (along with media nonsense). Though we may disagree that Bundy is at fault, his racism or lack thereof shouldn't be used to make an argument either way.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's really not that much different with the extra footage. I'm glad to hear he realizes that illegal immigrants work hard, pay taxes and he appreciates their "family structure" which is all completely irrelevant, but the comments about slavery are still just as nonsensical and show an utter lack of understanding about what real slavery is all about. It's pretty obvious that the video was edited to keep the last bit from softening the blow of his ignorant musings and if I was in charge of that news department, somebody would get the ax.

Either way, as I said in the other thread about these comments, I really don't give a s# if he's a racist or not, it has no bearing on any of this. The real story is that he has decided not to pay grazing fees for grazing his cattle on public lands, cattle that he sells for a hefty amount, because he doesn't recognize the authority of the U.S. Government.

Cliven Bundy said:

I’ve lived my lifetime here. My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley here ever since 1877. All these rights that I claim, have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and the water and the access and range improvements

This is demonstrably untrue. His parents purchased the ranch when he was two years old, in 1948, from Raoul and Ruth Leavitt who, before anyone asks, were neither his maternal nor paternal grandparents. Deeds, land grants, etc are actually readily available going back much further than you might think and 1877 is a cinch.

So there goes his ancestral lands claim. Grazing fees are nothing new, they originated with the Taylor Act of 1934. If you want to use public lands for private enterprise, regardless of whether or not you feel the need to recognize the authority of the U.S. Government, you are legally obligated to pay what is due to we the people, owners of said land.

If Harry Reid's son were to set up a solar farm on public lands 200 miles south of the Bundy Ranch, he needs to pay. I don't suppose any of you want to defend government subsidies do you? The same applies to Cliven Bundy. Which actually makes his comments about black folks being "government slaves" even that much more moronic.

If you lose in court and you continue to violate court order, you can well expect that at some point, there will be LEOs showing up to do their jobs. If you make threats of armed resistance in a situation like this, it's not a disproportionate response for the LEOs to be well armed.

In literary terms, Cliven Bundy is a "false hero."
edit on 2014-4-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Ya exactly.. I dont think that should have even been brought up.. But simple people are small minded they talk about small things instead of looking at the bigger and broader picture in front of them.. Oh well Did you watch foorbasketbaseball tonight?
For the record people I am Native American so..

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Can you tell us the exact amount he owes (allegedly).

Becuase the BLM can't. They have gone from 300,000 to 1 million in just five days! Why?

Cause they are lying!!!!!

Let me ask you this, whatever the amount, if it was paid today, would the matte be settled in your mind?

And, does the BLM owe him money now for the numerous cattle killed by their officers actions?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

No one in politics is going to overtly support him now.

Um, maybe that is a good thing. The ones in politics are the ones putting the screws to him.....

If I were him, I would put my bet on the American people and not politicians

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

making so much sense!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Still sounds pretty racist to me...
"They were better off under slavery, but that's just the government's fault."

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
It's really not that much different with the extra footage. I'm glad to hear he realizes that illegal immigrants work hard, pay taxes and he appreciates their "family structure" which is all completely irrelevant, but the comments about slavery are still just as nonsensical and show an utter lack of understanding about what real slavery is all about. It's pretty obvious that the video was edited to keep the last bit from softening the blow of his ignorant musings and if I was in charge of that news department, somebody would get the ax.

Either way, as I said in the other thread about these comments, I really don't give a s# if he's a racist or not, it has no bearing on any of this. The real story is that he has decided not to pay grazing fees for grazing his cattle on public lands, cattle that he sells for a hefty amount, because he doesn't recognize the authority of the U.S. Government.

Cliven Bundy said:

I’ve lived my lifetime here. My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley here ever since 1877. All these rights that I claim, have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and the water and the access and range improvements

This is demonstrably untrue. His parents purchased the ranch when he was two years old, in 1948, from Raoul and Ruth Leavitt who, before anyone asks, were neither his maternal nor paternal grandparents. Deeds, land grants, etc are actually readily available going back much further than you might think and 1877 is a cinch.

So there goes his ancestral lands claim. Grazing fees are nothing new, they originated with the Taylor Act of 1934. If you want to use public lands for private enterprise, regardless of whether or not you feel the need to recognize the authority of the U.S. Government, you are legally obligated to pay what is due to we the people, owners of said land.

If Harry Reid's son were to set up a solar farm on public lands 200 miles south of the Bundy Ranch, he needs to pay. I don't suppose any of you want to defend government subsidies do you? The same applies to Cliven Bundy. Which actually makes his comments about black folks being "government slaves" even that much more moronic.

If you lose in court and you continue to violate court order, you can well expect that at some point, there will be LEOs showing up to do their jobs. If you make threats of armed resistance in a situation like this, it's not a disproportionate response for the LEOs to be well armed.

In literary terms, Cliven Bundy is a "false hero."

All the claims he made in the quote you posted are actually verified by the article you linked to. He did not specifically claim his forefathers occupied the parcel of land he currently owns for over hundred years- only that his forefathers have "been up and down the Virgin Valley here ever since 1877."

"Although no Bundys lived in Bunkerville in 1930 or 1940, according to Census records for those years, Cliven Bunny’s mother Bodel and her parents, John and Christena Jensen, lived in neighboring Mesquite in the early 20th Century." "Separate records from the website FamilySearch, which is sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, indicate that Christena Jensen was born in Nevada in 1901" presumably her parents lived in the area a while before her birth. And of course there most likely are uncles and cousins that are not mentioned in the article that are among his forefathers.

edit on 25-4-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: Typing error

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Oh well Did you watch foorbasketbaseball tonight?

No but I just Googled it.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I hope your joking man... Really I hope you are... I would have said American Idol but I am getting bored of that.

a reply to: TiedDestructor

I didn't make enough sense.. Look above..

Domo... Kidding.... Or am I??? /shifty eyes...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234
Still sounds pretty racist to me...
"They were better off under slavery, but that's just the government's fault."

Is that an exact quote or your interpretation? I don't see that statement in this transcript I found.

…” and so what I’ve testified to ya’, I was in the WATTS riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didn’t have these things, and they didn’t have them. We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back; we sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way. Let me tell.. talk to you about the Mexicans, and these are just things I know about the negroes. I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro. When I go, went, go to Las Vegas, North Las Vegas; and I would see these little government houses, and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids…. and there was always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch. They didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for the kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for the young girls to do. And because they were basically on government subsidy – so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy? You know they didn’t get more freedom, uh they got less freedom – they got less family life, and their happiness -you could see it in their faces- they were not happy sitting on that concrete sidewalk. Down there they was probably growing their turnips – so that’s all government, that’s not freedom. Now, let me talk about the Spanish people. You know I understand that they come over here against our constitution and cross our borders. But they’re here and they’re people – and I’ve worked side-by-side a lot of them. Don’t tell me they don’t work, and don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structure than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together, they picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people. And we need to have those people join us and be with us…. not, not come to our party.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

I don't know the exact breakdown, but I know that the director of the BLM was quoted as saying that it is, "in excess of one million dollars." I'm sure that any point in the last two decades, he could have resolved this. Currently ranchers in Nevada are paying something like $1.35 a month per head for grazing fees. Do you know how much grass fed beef sells for per lb? It's the most expensive kind, as he remarked himself, "My cattle are the kind that people look for in Whole Foods."

This document contains fee schedules and a breakdown of where the money goes.

I'm sure the amount quoted by the BLM director includes the original unpaid fees, fines and penalties, court costs, interest on all of this and perhaps some portion of the what was paid to contractors to round up his cattle for auction.

That brings up another point, particularly in regards to this mass cattle grave that has not been independently substantiated. According to Sean Hannity:

documents now show that the Bureau of Land Management paid a Utah cattle wrangler $966,000 to collect your cattle and then the -- with the idea of auctioning them off, and then the governor of Utah said, I request they not come here.

Cliven Bundy confirmed this. It would appear that a contract was secured to round up the cattle and another one to auction the cattle. I don't think I should pay to have Clive Bundy's cattle removed from public lands.

To answer your question, in terms of the civil aspect of this debacle: I think it would be fair to forgive some of the interest and penalties, which is not unusual for debtors to do and let him pay what he owes or auction off enough cattle to cover the difference and call it a wrap. If they did kill any of his cattle, and that can be substantiated, it's not unreasonable to deduct the approximate fair market value from his debt.

His arrested family members should be dealt whatever punishment is prescribed under the law. The problem is he's been at it for at least 20 years and he's shown no intention of ever paying the grazing fees and every intention of continued saber rattling to escalate this situation into a potentially deadly one. It does not sit well with me that this man has used the threat of violence to get his way and as far as I'm concerned, it's tantamount to extortion.

I'm for fair and equal treatment of everyone under the law and nobody should be able to dictate differently because they can amass people with guns any more than a rich person should receive leniency because of his ability to hire an expensive attorney who is a member of the same country club as the judge. If it were up to me, they'd withdraw everyone, let things settle, get a warrant for his arrest under applicable charges and bring him to trial.
edit on 2014-4-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014-4-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Here is the last known court order......

There are a few before this one, but this one consolidates.

U.S. vs Bundy - Oct 2013

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

My apologies, I should have used this quote from the same source I cited above:

My family has preemptive, adjudicated livestock water rights filed with the state of Nevada. They were established in 1877 when the first pioneers entered the valley. Among those first pioneers were my grandparents from my mother’s side. My father either bought or inherited his Nevada state livestock water rights and I, in turn, have done the same.

Please explain how what he's saying is a) true and b) applicable. I've seen at this point dozens of comments in related threads about his family donating the land in question to the state of Nevada with an agreement that the family would have grazing rights in perpetuity.

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I hope your joking man... Really I hope you are... I would have said American Idol but I am getting bored of that.

No joke. I don't even have an excuse except that it wouldn't have surprised me if there was some new obscure sport. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I feel like a cephlomangpoutus (brainless octopus, pretty but dumb).
edit on 2520140420141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

100% correct. No politician now is going to go near Bundy. They are running like cockroaches do when you switch the light on in the kitchen. Hiding in the cracks rather to be seen supporting Bundy now.

And for good reason. It's offensive, digusting, and Bundy did it to himself. All the whiners need to face that fact, suck it up, and get over it and on with life. The Messiah turned out to be the Antichrist.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Seeing how Bundy went back on tv and repeated the same comments he won't be suing anyone soon.

Nevada Rancher Cliven Bundy Doesn't Apologize, Repeats Racist Remarks

How can someone say this man is an advocate of blacks by saying their lives would be better had they learned to pick cotton.

How ignorant are you? Cant you understand what was spoken?
Buster you have the distinct quality of the paid shill about you sometimes....
If youd let that coolaid go for a while you may gain some non governmental wisdom.....
||||||||You are obviously reaching here, and failing badly....

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

They decided they have to assassinate his character before they can assassinate the man, so as not to spark a rebellion. I think that fairly well sums up what we are seeing. "Something will happen" - and they begin to put their plan in motion; this isn't over by a long shot. It has just begun.

And I'm not saying Clive is a good or bad man, or has awesome views on the world or terrible ones. As most of us here realize, that's not what this is about. Those are the distractions they use to manipulate the masses.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join