It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive idea 80% tax - income over $500K doesn't go far enough to fix income inequality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: grandmakdw

Give government 100% of all incomes, regardless of how much.

Then the government can determine;
what you need
what you want
what you can spend
where you can live
what you can eat
what you can smoke
what you can drink
what you can wear
\

Dammit Beeze...are you running for offfice....

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

what you need
what you want
what you can spend
where you can live
what you can eat
what you can smoke
what you can drink
what you can wear

I'm totally on board with this! I really don't know what to do with all the money that I have left after paying Federal income tax, state income tax, local income tax, social security tax, fuel tax, sales tax, cable taxes, phone taxes, FCC taxes, and all the other taxes, so they might as well tell me what to do with whats left.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
may as well just bite the bullet.

go with Marx's 10-plank system.

That'll fix everything.

[ Cuba, North Korea, Soviet Union, etc. etc. ]

But can we burn the furniture first please ?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

what you need
what you want
what you can spend
where you can live
what you can eat
what you can smoke
what you can drink
what you can wear

Beezer you are so smart! You really get my point!

But you forgot:
what occupation is best suited for you
who you are forbidden to dislike
what ideas you are allowed to think
what political ideas you are allowed to express

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Let's start with taking Harry Reid's hidden assets....

Des

I am thinking we start with unpaid taxes by IRS workers, redistribute their bonuses to the Boy Scouts, find out why the POTUS only paid 15% on his income, then go after Harry Reid.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Stop looking to others to fix your money issues.

Work hard, millions of Americans refuse to and are depending on their "cut" from your paycheck. Be forwarned, if you express an attitude of entitlement to retaining your own earnings, you'll be labeled as a hatefull, greedy sonuvabitch that doesn't care about your fellow man... but, if you're fortunate enough to lack any sort of pride, you can go on the dole and be known as a "humble humanitarian" who graciously expects the tax payers to work harder and provide a larger portion of their pay to your cause "because it is only fair that yours is mine."

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

what you need
what you want
what you can spend
where you can live
what you can eat
what you can smoke
what you can drink
what you can wear

I'm totally on board with this! I really don't know what to do with all the money that I have left after paying Federal income tax, state income tax, local income tax, social security tax, fuel tax, sales tax, cable taxes, phone taxes, FCC taxes, and all the other taxes, so they might as well tell me what to do with whats left.

Happy Meal with boy toy.... Invest the remaining 5 cents, plan for retirement.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Should we start a white house petition so that people who live off trust funds and hide money in stocks/bonds and other sources of "non-income, income" which is currently not considered income will have to live off what the rest of us do.

Actually many have this view and I think it comes from their computer game play where they can reset the "game" and start over. Kind of sucks when the game has already been playing for 1000s of years...hehe

edit on 24-4-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I'm waiting for the Federal Department of Boy Toys, to provide me one...

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Stop looking to others to fix your money issues.

Work hard, millions of Americans refuse to and are depending on their "cut" from your paycheck. Be forwarned, if you express an attitude of entitlement to retaining your own earnings, you'll be labeled as a hatefull, greedy sonuvabitch that doesn't care about your fellow man...

I'm one of those greedy SOBs...my family comes first sorry, and I plan on putting all my kids through a good college and living a very good retirement. After all that I'll have time to care for my fellow man..

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I'm one of those greedy SOBs...my family comes first sorry, and I plan on putting all my kids through a good college and living a very good retirement. After all that I'll have time to care for my fellow man..

You heartless, mean bastard. How can you be so cruel as to provide for your own family before you provide for those you have zero responsibility to?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Well then how does a cap at 1M a year sound. Something needs to be done, because greed is a thing. If you built a company from the ground and have 500 employees, wouldn't the sense of pride be better trickling that extra money down to your employees? You can't tell me that someone actually deserves to make millions or even billions a year, regardless of what they do. If I can get by on less than 100k a year, what makes you need the ability to earn more than 500k+. The answer is nothing. If people stopped wanting to live in extreme excess, maybe some of the people who have nothing would be a little better off.

I have nothing against you personally, I just think it's wrong to be that greedy. At 500k per year you can live JUST FINE. If you live like a normal person, you can even take some really nice vacations, and maybe even own a yacht or two. Why do you need more than that?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Should we start a white house petition so that people who live off trust funds and hide money in stocks/bonds and other sources of "non-income, income" which is currently not considered income will have to live off what the rest of us do.

Actually many have this view and I think it comes from their computer game play where they can reset the "game" and start over. Kind of sucks when the game has already been playing for 1000s of years...hehe

You are correct. If you notice there have been at least 2 posters who agreed with the original premise. It ought to scare all of us because right now the minority (and I don't mean race) rule our country with a big stick that is looking more and more like an iron fist - and this economists ideas appear to make a tingle run up and down their legs.

Spread the real word: If you like what has been happening your country, stay home in November and express your contentment. If you see the path ahead leading to fascism get your butt off the couch and vote, it does matter.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

Yes,

Something needs to be done.

How 'bout the government gets off their collective butts and gets the jobs back.

Higher taxes won't get people out of the gutters. It will put more people in the gutters just like it has been.

Jobs will get people's butts in motion.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
You heartless, mean bastard. How can you be so cruel as to provide for your own family before you provide for those you have zero responsibility to?

Ya it is funny...

I pay over 50k a year in federal taxes and I and my kids qualify for nothing that isn't achievement based. My only benefit is my credit score is well over 800 so that gets me the best loan rates out there. I put 28 years in the military and now work for a private company, but for some reason I'm not giving enough in many eyes, but that person on Government programs their whole lives is just fine and dandy.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I'm waiting for the Federal Department of Boy Toys, to provide me one...

Des

LOL..... That's why they call it a happy meal.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
LOL, LOL, LOL

America would genuinely be a 3rd world country in under 5 years.

Riddle me this, why the hell would I ever remain an American citizen and live here if you took 80% of my money?

I know all about how in theory your supposed to continue to pay taxes if you leave, but lets face it, a dozen nations would gladly open the doors to ex pats with fat wallets for 25% not 80% and how does one field an army on the taxes of the poor to get us back?

I love the Japanese countryside in particular, the Hustle and Bustle of Hong Kong drives me wild... there is a huge list of cool places to be i'd need to do some homework but... 80% .... hrrrmmmm I do love Switzerland

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

what you need
what you want
what you can spend
where you can live
what you can eat
what you can smoke
what you can drink
what you can wear

North Korea is a great poster child for this hehe..

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

what you need
what you want
what you can spend
where you can live
what you can eat
what you can smoke
what you can drink
what you can wear

North Korea is a great poster child for this hehe..

Just hush up and buy a Xbox for someone who didn't earn it!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's a damned strange world, my friend. We live in a society in which there are people who feel there's zero responsibility required of someone who can't keep it in their pants and bears numerous children... yet if you make enough money to live comfortably you suddenly should be responsible for a slew of strangers outside your own family.

Arrogance, pure unadulterated arrogance... yet bizzaro world arrogance. Usually people express arrogance over their personal acheivements, but America 2014 it's all about the arrogance of failure and the entitlement of the strugglers. "I exist therefore I deserve..." I've called it off putting before, but the person I was talking to go confused and ordered butterscotch, so I let the topic drop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join