It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nephilim war axe found (w/ pics)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Hate to be the one to break it to yah...

You've fallen for the most monumental hoax in all of history.

Your citations make that painfully obvious.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Murgatroid
What is YOUR source for your silly claims?

Hold on, I am not the one making silly claims - you are, using a known hoaxer as well!

I checked out Murgatroid's links and read them! Did you?
These links, as well as the links that they provide, cast a very black shadow
on snoops and the disnfo that they spew.
Again, here are some of the links, and I encourage others to read them and deny ignorance.
I will never use Snoops poops again!
www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com...
www.snopes.com...
www.rense.com...
www.supremecourt.gov.../docketfiles/09-8857.htm

I don't know about the war axe. I wasn't around back then, but some things are possible.
SNF

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

What is YOUR source for your silly claims?

Hold on, I am not the one making silly claims - you are, using a known hoaxer as well!

I checked out Murgatroid's links and read them! Did you?

You obviously did not.... so someone on a blog says that snopes is bad and accepts money from Soros.... yet they provide no proof for that claim at all!

The next link simply points to snopes about online petitions???

Rense is just a link to false claims - why do you ignore this?

nalysis: False. The older of the two messages above is a viral version of an article that appeared on the political news and opinion website WorldNetDaily.com on August 4, 2010. As you can see by viewing the "Editor's Note" that replaced the article a few days later, WND admitted that the court cases in question were incorrectly described as pertaining to Obama's Constitutional eligibility: Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this story incorrectly described a series of cases for which Elena Kagan represented the government as eligibility cases. Those cases, in fact, were a series of unrelated disputes pending before the Supreme Court and the references have been removed from this report.

nd this

Supreme Court dockets were unrelated to Obama citizenship or eligibility Indeed, the references had to be removed the WND article because the fact-checking site Snopes.com delved into the details of each of the specific filings (dockets cited above) and found that not one of them had anything to do with Obama's status as a natural-born U.S. citizen. The majority of the filings not only predated Obama's presidency, in fact, but named George W. Bush as the original defendant. The Supreme Court dockets list Elena Kagan as Obama's attorney of record because it was her job as U.S. Solicitor General to represent the administration in court. Period.

None of which, sad to say, stopped the grammatically-challenged author of a subsequent message (example #2 above) from repeating the disproven claims and bluntly stating "Snopes lied," when in fact the contrary is true: Snopes got it exactly right, yet again. A note on George Soros Some variants of these viral texts allege, without proof or evidence, that Snopes.com is financially backed by hedge fund tycoon and liberal philanthropist George Soros. This, too, is false. Snopes.com is entirely self-supporting via advertising.

urbanlegends.about.com...

Again, here are some of the links, and I encourage others to read them and deny ignorance.

If you do read them you will see that they are just lies! So by all means read them and deny ignorance!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

a reply to: hellobruce

Hate to be the one to break it to yah...

You've fallen for the most monumental hoax in all of history.

Your citations make that painfully obvious.

Murgatroid, don't feed the trolls

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Gotta laugh at the religious zealots claiming that others have been lied to.

On topic, why would anyone, let alone giants use rounded stones for an axe??

Pretty moronic, if that was an axe, it would be flint and be razor sharp.

Neanderthals had this sorted out 100,000 years ago.

Hell, us mere humans were making bronze axes 5000 years ago.

edit on 28-4-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

No one can say for sure about your rock OP.
What seems obvious to me, is that some serious attempts
have been made to hide the truth of the mega structures
around the world. People can cry all they want for evidence
and such, but evidence or not, giants fit in our past.
And that completely discredits evolution and shows yet
another truth told by the Bible. The motive for history's
lies, is the truth of the Bible.

edit on Ram42814v372014u37 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
Gotta laugh at the religious zealots claiming that others have been lied to.

On topic, why would anyone, let alone giants use rounded stones for an axe??

Pretty moronic, if that was an axe, it would be flint and be razor sharp.

Perhaps it was owned by the BFG and he did not want to hurt anyone with a sharp edge?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude
a reply to: skunkape23

I didn't take the time to weigh it, but honestly it felt like between 5-7 pounds.

I should've took side shots, it hadn't occurred to me, sorry.

Your estimating 5-7 pounds but the person your friend brought it to thought it could only have been wielded by people 10-12 feet tall?

History is full of items that heavy being wielded by regular humans. A quick look for an example brought up the two hand sword called the Zweihänder, which weighed between 3 and 6 pounds. Large european double edged axes certainly had their share of heft too.

It's certainly interesting, but I think there was a pretty big leap to try to connect it to ancient giants by that person.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UnmitigatedDisaster

The mallet I swing all day nailing floors with weights more than that lol. Those nephilim must have been real weaklings.
edit on Mon, 28 Apr 2014 12:51:33 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

The mallet I swing all day nailing floors with weights more than that lol. Those nephilim must have been real weaklings.

Right? I was just using a 13lb deadblow mallet on a project last night. I'm 5'11" I am descendant from a god!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

oriI'm only nally posted by: UnmitigatedDisaster

originally posted by: TKDRL

Right? I was just using a 13lb deadblow mallet on a project last night. I'm 5'11" I am descendant from a god!
that's exactly why I callled bs on this at the beginning.
When I was young I swung a 16 lb sledge 10 hr a day 6 days a week, in the course of 4 months I drove around 10,000 3 ' stakes 2' .down. Me and the other hammer guys got so good at our technique that most of the time we swung one handed to save energy .
Oh ,and at that time I was 5'-6" and 150 lb.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

urbanlegends.about.com...

One more time...

MSM = 100% ZERO credibility.

InterActiveCorp owns about.com

• ( IAC ) is an American internet company with over 50 brands across 40 countries headquartered in New York City.
• The Chairman and Senior Executive is Barry Diller, who was previously head of Paramount Pictures, Fox Broadcasting, and USA Broadcasting. wiki.answers.com...

Are you by any chance related to the girl in the State Farm commercial?

(Substitute MSM for "The Internet")

Where did you hear that?
The Internet.
And you believed it?
Yeah. They can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true.
Where did you hear that?
The Internet.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

It's quite possible, but the size of that thing makes controlling it a difficult option at best. 6 pounds doesn't seem that much, unless you're swinging it in combat, foe after foe after foe. Then that 6 pound head will become quite heavy indeed. Especially after misses and recoveries, and impact jarring on the wielder.

If the carrier of that hammer was of normal size, I would think the hammer involved would have been ceremonial, or possibly used in dealing the final blow at the end of a hunt.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

the idea of giants ruining darwinism is a bit flawed. the idea of darwinism is very basic and thats like saying the sun is 10 miles across but you only know addition in arithmetic. gonna have some issues. in time we will fully understand the genetic relationships we all share with our ancestors be them human being or giant or nephalem or whatever.

new views into evolution.

who's to say who's even in charge of these bodies we cart around in. our bodies are made up of trillions even possible quadrillions or quintillions of living things. from fungus to bacteria to virus' to anything and everything. theres 1000's of skin mites right now all over your body trying to maintain a beneficial relationship between eating dead skin and causing rashes that get them taken out. to much we notice and kill em to little and they dont live. id say thats a cognitive battle they fight on the daily and thats just 1 in the thousands of different living organisms that hitch a ride on our "organic life carrier.

hell some people might have you believe we are just walking talking heaters! (in the most basic way of looking at the theory) thermodynamics and evolution are starting to answer some new questions for us.

Thermodynamics and life

*END REPLY TO RANDYVS*

manifest destiny

the idea of manifest destiny reaches much further then just colonial america. its a tool thats been being used to civilize the world. from the 1500's Europe to long before I'm sure. its the idea that rome would use to inspire its soldiers to go take the land for themselves.

its basically an idea that your more important then the one in your way of acquiring something.

now how exactly can you instill manifest destiny into your population if the entire foundation and history is flawed?

"why should i risk my entire families future by boarding a boat to god knows where toting "Your" Flag if most of what you tell me is a lie?"

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is the logical equivalent of saying " nephelem sword found!!! So big it could only be swung by giants or sasquatch!!!" ( shows picture of Scottish claymore )

Question how gullible was this pastor?
edit on 1-5-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Not really. Maces intended for battle were hefty and training allowed them to wield quite heavy maces without issue.

en.wikipedia.org...(club)
en.wikipedia.org...(weapon)

Even to this day almost all the akharas (Combat training Gymnasiums) use heavy stone maces for training for the simple reason that it combines weight and maneuverability training. Cadets were given 5 kg stone maces and were taught to maneuver without breaking movement, and when the cadet would become well versed at combat maneuvers it would be switched with a heavier weight to go up to 35 then 45 kg to a point that the combatant could swing a heavy mace the whole day.

The simple result would remain that if a combatant has the practice to handle a heavy mace over extended time he would very easily manage even the heavy swords that weighed 7 to 10 kg without exhaustion.

For those not on the Metric System, that is 15-20 pounds IN COMBAT.

And just to clarify that this 5-7 pound club/axe is normal:

www.lithiccastinglab.com...

Stones for clubs were carefully selected. People making the clubs were choosing stones that do not break easily, like quartz and granite. Many club heads were also made from colorful stones. Creek and river beds were a common source for ready-made smooth surface stones. Club heads generally weigh between two to eight pounds.

edit on 1-5-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I was thinking along the same lines. This is very similar to the accepted belief that the burial mounds of the First Nations were actually created by the Mound People who disappeared off the face of the Earth with no explanation. Overlooking the easy answers for improbable conclusions.

I think a grindstone is more likely. Perhaps even a form of anchor. The leather might be significant if it can be determined what animal the skin came from because bovine were not available in the New World until after the 15th century.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Bovine weren't here until the 15th Century? Nobody tell the American Bison/Buffalo, they will be very upset.

Or did you specifically mean European Cattle Cows?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Cadets were given 5 kg stone maces and were taught to maneuver without breaking movement, and when the cadet would become well versed at combat maneuvers it would be switched with a heavier weight to go up to 35 then 45 kg to a point that the combatant could swing a heavy mace the whole day.

The simple result would remain that if a combatant has the practice to handle a heavy mace over extended time he would very easily manage even the heavy swords that weighed 7 to 10 kg without exhaustion.

Yes.^^^^

That's why the thinking on this that it would take giants/nephilim seems so odd to me.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Sorry, that is what I meant. Definitely did not come out correctly.

A leather comparison to determine origin.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join