It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trap Set At McDonalds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It was a beautiful morning. Birds singing, the smell of spring in the air.
My 4yo son & I had just put his older brother on the bus, and so we had to go grocery shopping. Before getting to the store I decided to swing through Micky Dees drive-through and get us something to eat. BIG MISTAKE. I was the victim of a trap, I think.

As I pulled up to the order menu, a woman from India started speaking, -not one lick of English.
I'm a patient person and have many foreign friends, whom I talk to everyday, so it was no big deal. I asked her what she said. Again, she spoke only in Hindi(I'm assuming). So I tried to make it simple. I said gimme a #1 and a # 16, both with orange juice. Again, Hindi. I told her calmly that she needed to speak English because I didn't know any Hindi or whatever. In the background I heard a couple people laughing, not sure it was related to us but I assumed it was.

At this time, a woman told me in plain English to pull up to window #1, so I did. There was this beady-eyed, coke-bottle glasses wearing man waiting, looking at me angrily. He said are you the one who was being derogatory and racist to one of my employees?? I said wuh? He said that he didn't put up with people mistreating his employees. I told him that I wasn't being rude, and that I told her that she needed to speak English because I couldn't understand her. This is where # got interesting:

This idiot started raising his voice at me, telling me that he'd ban me, and that I was nothing but an uneducated, ignorant, redneck racist. That's what he said. I asked him just who the hell he thought he was talking to and who the hell he thought he was. At this point I lost my cool. A flurry of profanity left my mouth that would make a sailor cover his ears. I think I even hurt my tongue whilst doing it. Then, I said F U you effing blank(use your imagination). My sons eyes opened really wide. He heard the worst of the worst. My son said "he's a mean man!!". I dumped the clutch in my Toyo Tacoma and pulled out while looking this moron of a manger right in his beady eyes. (I know, cool, right?)

I played all of it through my head as I was making my way to and through the grocery store. I was sulking. I bet I looked like a mad, confused jerk. I was thinking: I wish I woulda said this and said that!! I was trying to understand what had just happened. I'm a pretty easy going guy. I get along with most people. I can go anywhere and start talking to people and make friends. But as I walked around the pickles section, I felt pretty disgusted. I was disgusted with the manager, the Indian girl, and disgusted with myself for flying off the handle the way I did. Not something that I wanted my 4yo son to see.

This was set up by this manager and his little piece of trash Indian female friend just to get a reaction out of people because they know they are in a predominately rural town, so they wanted to get a rise out of some rednecks. I have no doubts this was a trap, set up so this nimrod could stand at the window like a jerk just so he could talk down to people. He wanted to feel like a big, smart man, except I shut this loon loser down with the quickness. I wonder how many people were harassed this morning by this mentally ill moron?

I told my wife and she said to call corporate. I LOL. They ain't gonna do nothing, I told her. I bet they're all on this guys side just because of the circumstances.

I want to know what you all think about this. I'm still scratching my head.
Thanks and come again

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Do what your wife said!

Second line!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

little piece of trash Indian female friend

Not racist at all

Are you banned for real? There is a McDonald every 2 blocks everywere anyways

Oh well a true story here, I was waiting to order a meal in a Miami mcdonnalds when the dude in front of me could not order his big Mac because the mcdonnalds worker did not understanded English, it's no one fault when US has no official language

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Dude! dont feed that crap to a four year old!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Well, your first mistake was to go to Mickey Dees.

Your next mistake was to let this idiot push your buttons. Never get into a argument with idiots as they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Now...set up a video camera in your truck next time around and go back. If it doesn't happen again, just tell them sorry, "I can't order right now as something has just come up and I have to go." (Don't do it everyday, but always do it around the same time as the incident)

Chances are you'll get the same treatment again fairly quickly. Once you have evidence, then call corporate. And if they don't do anything, then post it to YouTube. But watch your language.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
LOL

Sounds like the managers have a classic case of the Stockholm Effect.

They are mongrel corporate captives.

Tunnel vision with no depth perception or peripheral vision.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I think the manager needs to be the recipient of a little intense redneck "welcome to MY country"

This crap and the scum that portray would have NEVER gotten away with that 30 years ago. And in East TN still won't.

I don't think a disrespectful foreigner should be allowed to even come to the country that MY (not his) family worked, fought and died to build.

America has really lowered the bar on immigrants.. give me europeans all day, but not those trash third worlders.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Something doesn't sound right here. Why would a guy piss off a customer. What crossed my mind when reading this was the woman was trying to send you a message. Maybe they were being held up? Is that a possibility? Other than that, this seems very strange. How many Hindi speaking customers could they possibly have to support that store?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

That's what you get when you go to a restaurant represented by a clown.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Something doesn't add up, for sure.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Too bad you lost your temper. Not cool and it makes for you having a much weaker case.

I had a similar issue with my McD's a few months ago. I got caught when they were swapping out cash drawers. My solution was to write to the corporate office. In this county all the McD's are owned by the same people.

Peninsula McDonald's
9465 Provost Rd. #101
Silverdale, WA 98383

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a long-time patron of your restaurants. I visit either your Bainbridge or your Poulsbo store on a weekly basis and have for years. I have never had an issue with any employee. I find your service to be fast, efficient, and friendly. I am always sure to say “Thank you” to employees at both the register and pick-up windows. I couldn't be happier. That’s why my experience yesterday. 3/21/13 at Bainbridge was so extraordinary. I was shocked to the point of not knowing really what to do. Here’s what happened:

It was 11:35 am when I pulled into the drive-thru. It was before the Noon rush hour. There was a single car ahead and one behind me, not a long line like there often is at Noon. Though I had a Noon appointment elsewhere, I was in no particular hurry. I drove up to the “talking box” and a voice, as you know, suggested I try some new product and then said something like, “You can order when you are ready.” It’s a “canned” voice, of course. Apparently the attendant subsequently told me to wait, but the fact is the box had just told me to order and I did not understand nor hear very well the phrase, so I said,

“Two regular hamburgers, please.” And the voice in the box said,

“I told you to wait, but I guess I’ll take your order anyway.” I was completely amazed, and I said,

“Please do!” and drove to the cashier window. The woman at the window then said to me, in the most peevish and snotty tone I have ever heard,

“I TOLD you to wait. You can see we are changing out our cash drawers and we cannot take your order now.” She then ignored me.

I could see that was indeed the case, and having worked retail I knew what was going on. I really didn’t know what to say. I didn’t want to start swearing at her. I didn’t want an extensive altercation. I didn’t want to threaten her. All I could come up with was,

“I don’t care one way or another.” Pretty lame on my part that that’s all I could come up with. The drawers were swapped out. No one paid the least attention to me until the new person calmly took my money. I had no problems with him. I believe he did not even know there was an issue.

Now I can think of a number of responses in that situation that would not have been the least bit adversarial. Something like, “Sorry. Give us a sec here. We’re swapping out our drawers and will be right back to you.” That’s friendly enough. I could have easily accepted that explanation as well as many others we could both think up on the spot. But to be accosted as I was, insulted even, twice in the space of a minute is unacceptable. I would think anyone responsible for customer service would be appalled.

I’m not suggesting to you specifically what ought to be done here, but I am suggesting that if you have employees treating customers like that, you’re not going to have any. I would also suggest that many customers would have reacted much more strongly that I did. I managed to hold my temper, but you get somebody volatile in that kind of situation and people could get hurt.

Sincerely,

I got a call inside of two days, a follow-up letter with an apology, and a promise of "corrective action."

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
LOL ... yeah, that was bad.

Do what your wife suggested. If that doesn't sit right with you, go ambush the guy and give him the very last beating of his life. Be ready to beat the woman who was running the window too.

Believe it or not, beating the living day lights out of someone is often the only way to settle problems satisfactorily.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sounds you couldn't understand the girl but I doubt she was speaking to you in a foreign language, that makes no sense.
So I can see why the manager got involved when you said that she needed to speak english, as she probably was and took offense to that. And a good manager should stand up for his employees.
I guess it is possible they were playing a joke on you but seems unlikely unless it was like 2 am when the crew is small..
But hey if that is what you said happen then I guess you were wronged, I think it was all a misunderstanding.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Your Story made me laugh since I placed myself in that situation. Not that you tore him up, but because beady eyes took a white Knight serious business stance. I'd have cracking up, pretend to speak another language and tell the man "your employee doesn't speak good English",and follow up with a made up language as I tell him I don't know English too well in a well constructed one liner. I'll agree, this sounds like baiting, should have played back.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Dude. McDonald's is delicious and good for you.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Don't worry about it. Crap like this happens all the time.

It's only going to get worst. Many fast food places are out sourcing the drive thur to a call center. Sooner or later no one will speak English when taking an order.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
It was a beautiful morning. Birds singing, the smell of spring in the air.
My 4yo son & I had just put his older brother on the bus, and so we had to go grocery shopping. Before getting to the store I decided to swing through Micky Dees drive-through and get us something to eat. BIG MISTAKE. I was the victim of a trap, I think.

As I pulled up to the order menu, a woman from India started speaking, -not one lick of English.
I'm a patient person and have many foreign friends, whom I talk to everyday, so it was no big deal. I asked her what she said. Again, she spoke only in Hindi(I'm assuming). So I tried to make it simple. I said gimme a #1 and a # 16, both with orange juice. Again, Hindi. I told her calmly that she needed to speak English because I didn't know any Hindi or whatever. In the background I heard a couple people laughing, not sure it was related to us but I assumed it was.

At this time, a woman told me in plain English to pull up to window #1, so I did. There was this beady-eyed, coke-bottle glasses wearing man waiting, looking at me angrily. He said are you the one who was being derogatory and racist to one of my employees?? I said wuh? He said that he didn't put up with people mistreating his employees. I told him that I wasn't being rude, and that I told her that she needed to speak English because I couldn't understand her. This is where # got interesting:

This idiot started raising his voice at me, telling me that he'd ban me, and that I was nothing but an uneducated, ignorant, redneck racist. That's what he said. I asked him just who the hell he thought he was talking to and who the hell he thought he was. At this point I lost my cool. A flurry of profanity left my mouth that would make a sailor cover his ears. I think I even hurt my tongue whilst doing it. Then, I said F U you effing blank(use your imagination). My sons eyes opened really wide. He heard the worst of the worst. My son said "he's a mean man!!". I dumped the clutch in my Toyo Tacoma and pulled out while looking this moron of a manger right in his beady eyes. (I know, cool, right?)

I played all of it through my head as I was making my way to and through the grocery store. I was sulking. I bet I looked like a mad, confused jerk. I was thinking: I wish I woulda said this and said that!! I was trying to understand what had just happened. I'm a pretty easy going guy. I get along with most people. I can go anywhere and start talking to people and make friends. But as I walked around the pickles section, I felt pretty disgusted. I was disgusted with the manager, the Indian girl, and disgusted with myself for flying off the handle the way I did. Not something that I wanted my 4yo son to see.

This was set up by this manager and his little piece of trash Indian female friend just to get a reaction out of people because they know they are in a predominately rural town, so they wanted to get a rise out of some rednecks. I have no doubts this was a trap, set up so this nimrod could stand at the window like a jerk just so he could talk down to people. He wanted to feel like a big, smart man, except I shut this loon loser down with the quickness. I wonder how many people were harassed this morning by this mentally ill moron?

I told my wife and she said to call corporate. I LOL. They ain't gonna do nothing, I told her. I bet they're all on this guys side just because of the circumstances.

I want to know what you all think about this. I'm still scratching my head.
Thanks and come again

I'd all together stop going to that Mcdonalds. Another idea though. Record the next interaction you have (if ever) with these people and hope it plays out all the same. Than if it does, don't talk to the GM, ask to talk to a store supervisor. The GM handles only one store and Supervisors handle all the stores the franchise owner has.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Should have spoken back to her in jibberish. I know most times we don't think of the perfect response until after the fact.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Years ago those drive thru squawk boxes were terrible. Accent or no accent, it was lucky day if you could understand the person on the other side of it. It was easiest to just say, "I can't hear you. I'll pull up to the window and place my order." Has worked for me with no fuss or anger on anybodies part.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
the more I think the more I remember my logic.

Good thing you did NOT get the food. I remember to NEVER insult or instigate while in the drive thru,

Else some really icky secret sauce could be put on special for you..

never be unpolite to those making your food, a wipe around a toilet seat of your burger patty, a loogie in the gravy, butt crud in your McMuffin, etc.

<<   2 >>

join