It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Bombers Vest Explodes, Only His Victims Ran Too Fast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Some times Karma works!

Fresh video from a surveillance camera at a college in Baghdad shows a suicide bomber who wasn’t quite fast enough to kill anybody.

www.mrconservative.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I watched the vid and both men running away are carrying AK's (rifles)

what I don't get is if they were threatened by the man why didn't they just shoot him in the head?
were these guys victims or accomplices?
After all the story did go on to say

18 people were injured, and four policeman as well as a teacher were killed in the assault

seems like were only getting half the story here

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Clearly accomplices

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Juggernog

Clearly accomplices

Probably.
This story came from another website The Blaze
and on there they show a still photo of the second man clearly providing cover with his rifle before the bomber comes out. he hardly even looks at the bomber--- just cover's his fields of fire right up until [BOOM]

The two runners are simply not acting like bystanders who are suddenly confronted by a bomber

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

"what I don't get is if they were threatened by the man why didn't they just shoot him in the head?"

Possibly because he could still have pulled the string/button by reaction even after being shot in the head. Distance is your friend in that type of situation I imagine.
edit on 23-4-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I read the story when it first came out, the two men with ak's attacked the rear gate and were killed by security forces after the third nuked hisself

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"what I don't get is if they were threatened by the man why didn't they just shoot him in the head?"

Possibly because he could still have pulled the string/button by reaction even after being shot in the head. Distance is your friend in that type of situation I imagine.

Clearly. Just shooting someone isn't enough. You have to shoot accurately enough to stop all muscle action immediately. If someone clenches their hand as they die, that's enough to pull the trigger. And given what we have seen of marksmanship of these guys, there's no evidence they even know how to do that. If your choices are to shoot and die or run and live, they made the right choice.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Everyone seems to forget the best device is a 'deadman's switch." Let go of the depressed button (as when shot) and boom!

if the vid is the genuine one, I assume that the two guys in black are the attackers who knew what was in store.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I too wondered why they didn't just shoot him, but I think the most plausible answer is that they simply reacted by running. It is hard to tell exactly how they recognized that the guy had explosives strapped to his body, but once they realized it, they apparently were able to get a good lead on him, which in my opinion indicates that the bomber might have been pretty far away when he was detected. I suppose it could have just made more sense for them to put even more distance between themselves and the bomber, as opposed to standing still, lining up a shot, and hoping to kill him, which would have allowed him to close some of that distance.

Think about this too: the easiest part of the human body to hit, or the part most likely to be hit, is the torso, where he had the bomb strapped. There is always the possibility that you stand there while he is moving towards you, and your shot hits the explosives and causes them to detonate. It just makes more sense to run if you think you can get away. But like someone said, maybe they were accomplices or something. Who knows? It is possible if not plausible.

I imagine the shockwave from that explosion really hit them hard as well. Most people haven't been around explosions, so they don't realize the sheer force that is generated, even from a great distance away. Even a single pound of tannerite, which is a legal binary explosive that can only be detonated by a high velocity impact, which is why it is mainly marketed as an "exploding target" for marksmen, will create a large shockwave.

I remember we were out shooting in our pasture one day, and we had one pound containers of this material that we were shooting at...I went inside and was sitting on the toilet, lol, and someone shot one of these. Now it was a few hundred yards away at least, and it sounded like something ran into the side of my house. And it is even more powerful when standing nearby. You feel the compression wave. And this is not as powerful as the explosives that were used in that vest, so the shockwave must have been crazy.

I would imagine that the only people who have experienced conventional explosives like this are some military personnel, and people who are around such things due to their profession. For those who've gone through military basic training and have gotten to throw grenades, even those can be felt. Crazy stuff.

Explosives are just plain scary things. What I cannot imagine is being on the receiving end of something like that. Like being hit by an IED while in a vehicle or something. The only upside to being exploded would be that it is probably painless, IF you are at the epicenter. Even during war, when bombs and stuff are dropped, must be extremely horrifying, since even if not in the blast radius you can feel and hear the detonations.

While we're on the topic, think of the innocent civilians on the receiving end of explosions greater than that seen in the video due to military forces indiscriminately bombing "terrorists." I feel that most people don't grasp the true nature of explosives, and when they hear about a bomb or something like that, they are not able to truly appreciate the devastating effect that is created. Explosives are horribly weapons, plain and simple. Even during wartime they are horrible weapons. And yet these are not considered weapons of mass destruction, even though they truly are.
edit on 4/23/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/23/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: schuyler

Everyone seems to forget the best device is a 'deadman's switch." Let go of the depressed button (as when shot) and boom!

if the vid is the genuine one, I assume that the two guys in black are the attackers who knew what was in store.

What he said.

2nd.

top topics

join