It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or the Ads in ATS are Becoming More Intrusive?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Excellent idea. It's about time we get a cut too. What propel ATS is the content. And members contribute to the contents and expected to click ads at the same time? Surely there must be a win-win option?
Maybe that would help with the quality of threads that some are complaining about. :p Just sayin'.

edit on 23-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
These look like popup in your face divs but it's not like I know because I don't get any and I am not about to turn my spyware blocks off for anyone.

ATS need to move towards hosting the adverts themselves because each advert often take about 4 separate hits back to servers that not only lease the space out to 3rd parties but also use others servers to prove the advert has been displayed.

The whole process get very complicated and in some cases in real time add-server see if they have a profile for the user who's about to view an advert and then they bid between themselves for the privilege of showing the advert.

I for one would not take the trouble to block adverts here if all the scripts and images were hosted on ATS domain and it might in fact be a better bushiness plan for the site and us members could then be assured that these adverts are not being used as an excuse to spy on us all.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I browse on a tablet and have not encountered pop ups. However, I have noticed recently a few top banner ads for National Guard, which, whenever they come up in the rotation, prevent the entire rest of the screen that lies below the top bar, from displaying. It is just blank from that top inch down, even if I try other pages or drill into a thread, until that ad gets switched to a different ad. I usually close the browser, reopen, and go to the New page instead of the Recent page, to get rid of it.

I don't mind the ads, I know they support the site. I just don't like ones that prevent me from reading the site!

edit on 23-0420144-1414 by gwynnhwyfar because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The ads that are flashed up on this site are crazy i am never going to click on them anyway but i picked up some good tip's for tor

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
a reply to: Leonidas

I'm sure everyone here knows what an ad blocker is. However:

In our Terms and Conditions which all members agreed to upon joining ATS it states

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

Terms and Conditions of Use

So ATS is under the control of big firms, talk about the kettle calling the pot black

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
There has to be some kind of inside joke here, because I keep getting ads for government sites.

It was funny for a while. But it can get annoying.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Somehow, I'm not getting any more annoying ads since I started this thread. Let's hope that continues (Fingers crossed).

Do the government ads have any sale promotion?

edit on 26-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Dp, sorry.
edit on 26-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have Adblock plus on my chrome.....sweet

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurius

No, mostly ads for USA.gov search, and ad council ads for numerous (some politically controversial) causes, charities etc.

Maybe they are there because they got my attention?

lol...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join