It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Bundyfest’: Burning Man organizer plans 30 days of anarchy next to Cliven’s ranch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The guy that is organizing bundyfest has just said on Facebook that he is NOT a burningman organizer and in fact he has never been! Just that the media has likened his event to it. I'm on a crap tablet so I can't screenshot it.

Anyhow, while you are all slagging off burningman attendees, I've got to say none of you have a clue what it's about. It's simply a better way of living and many of you would love it. Not hippies that's for sure.... But go ahead and believe what the media feeds you.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

MESSAGE TO JOURNALISTS: Thank you so much for your interest in BundyFest!

A quick point of correction: I am NOT 'the organizer of Burning Man.' Some outlet announced that late last night, and several others have erroneously run with it (gotta love the internet).

When I used the word 'we' in the video, in conjunction with Burning Man, it is because I consider those desert artists and freedom-loving participants to be part of my culture. I have in fact never BEEN to Burning Man (although I'd like to go -- maybe this year )

I have also never been to Japan, and am not Japanese; but when I am discussing, for example, Fukushima, and the dangers of nuclear power, I also refer to collective humanity as 'we'.

In fact, when I refer to Cliven Bundy's issue with the federal government, I also refer to 'we', because Cliven, and I, and you, and all of us, are in this same boat together -- whether any of us like it or not (and for the record, if 'a house divided against itself cannot stand' ... well, we probably shouldn't try sailing two separate halves of a boat, either).

Thank you again for your interest!

Hmmm, that is interesting indeed.....
edit on Wed, 23 Apr 2014 01:12:43 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the correction/ update....interesting indeed.
a reply to: TKDRL

edit on 23-4-2014 by igloo because: Tablet makes me look stupid

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Please start citing sources or screen capping. I've Googled what you said and it's not finding any actual results though I know you're not full of it.
edit on 2320140420141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I don't think people realize yet how hard they got trolled. Kinda hilarious the left wingers on the page one side of their mouth bashing bundy for ignoring laws, then out the other side of their mouth promoting this event, and promoting the breaking of other laws they don't agree with, like pot laws, and obscenity laws lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Sorry, it's on the facebook status update, don't think I can link right to the status.

edit on Wed, 23 Apr 2014 01:43:25 -0500 by TKDRL because: stupid facebook, always personal info everywhere lol

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

You're good! That's why I asked for a screencap. You were Johnny on the spot.
edit on 2320140420141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Fabulously ironic... Even the idea of an event promoting the breaking of laws is hilarious. And this is what made me suspicious because burningman doesn't promote itself as anything. The participants create everything or nothing.

edit on 23-4-2014 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Found this one too.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Now that it has been confirmed that Sean Shealy is not associated with Burning Man, the "burning" question is who are they? The man obviously claims to be an anarchist by looking at his logo, yet the underlying theme is supporting the government. Their goal is to make Clivan Bundy's life a miserable existence and his sheeple followers are gungho in making sure that the music bursts his eardrums. You can bet Harry Reid's fingerprints are all over this one.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

I haven't seen anyone say the have no right to have a festival near the Bundy Ranch.

The bigger picture is what is disturbing. They are saying they are "anarchists" but their aim seems to be to defy the Bundys, which the BLM Reid Feds would love.

It's not hypocritical to point out bad taste and misguided celebrations.

Sorry my reply is late, just now catching up. I see this has been discussed at length.

edit on 23-4-2014 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Erica1631

I'm relieved this is not associated with Burning Man. I had a friend that went several years back and he came back a changed man. I don't think it's my crowd, but it sounds cool for artsy/earthy types.

My initial feeling was that this is some sort of set-up, behind the scenes involvement. But it could be media sensationalism that went viral. I'm keeping an eye on that page.

Someone commented on facebook: I'm suffering irony overload with this whole project as it unfolds.

Ha!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Kinda thinking all those left wingers crying about bundy breaking the law are getting trolled hardcore

On second thought, just checked out his personal facebook page. He is either a hardcore left winger, or the best troll I have ever seen.

edit on Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:51:10 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Well, at least we can say he doesn't get his chickens high. That's good!

Man, oh man. Idiocracy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join