It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Bundyfest’: Burning Man organizer plans 30 days of anarchy next to Cliven’s ranch

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

edit on 0458083044548nd by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Is this moron trying to start a civil war?

And you don't you think all the right wing guerilla groups that showed support flashing their weapons in support for Bundy could've started a civil war ?

:Your comparison is wayyy left .

Firstly who brought guns first?
Secondly are you OK with the government killing this mans cattle?
Thirdly I am a Muslim libertarian and I fully supported the people standing up in protest.
And lastly do you even know what it's like to work hard for something and then have the gov take it away?
....nah you don't know what hard work is . .. Boyo
edit on 0488083044848nd by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Your comparison was rubbish, not a matter about liking it, it just doesn't fit.

But you're right, they make a mess and actually deliberately plan to here as well.

Unfortunately for you though, they have as much right there as the militia did, denying them that makes one look like a one eyed, biased and hypocritical twit.

What's the saying?

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it"

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"‘Bundyfest’: Burning Man organizer plans 30 days of anarchy next to Cliven’s ranch"

LOL

Sounds like a counter-attack by Harry Reid.

Only Reid could dream this one up.

I bet there's a connection.

Who's funding this thing anyway ?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Your comparison was rubbish, not a matter about liking it, it just doesn't fit.

But you're right, they make a mess and actually deliberately plan to here as well.

Unfortunately for you though, they have as much right there as the militia did, denying them that makes one look like a one eyed, biased and hypocritical twit.

What's the saying?

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it"

Of course he has the right . but he's doing it why? That's obvious to provoke! All because Mr Bundy refused to bow down to a tyrant BLM.

Smh ....I often forget we still have sheeple in this country...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Using the word sheeple is in itself an act of acting like a sheep...

If you're implying that I'm a sheep, then fine, but you should know, I think this guy is being a dick.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of some here.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

It's nothing like the Westboro baptist church and you know it.

I can smell the hypocrisy oozing from this thread already.

Hundreds of right wing Bundy supporters show up, it's "right on guys, you rock, freedom of speech!!"

When the lefties do it, it's "dumb" and gets compared to WBT.

So much for freedom of speech huh?

Pathetic.

Many "Burning Man" supporters also supported the Occupy Movement. And yet they are now supporting the Gov't keeping a working class citizen down. Now that is hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Thirdly I am a Muslim libertarian and I fully supported the people standing up in protest.

What does that have to do with anything? Muslims and Libertarians can still be wrong.

And lastly do you even know what it's like to work hard for something and then have the gov take it away?

When did you get your PhD in AlphaHawk's life?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

For the most part. People attend Burning Man promoted events, to get nekkid and high...

The word being left in the dark here is...Promoter.

Yes, the promoter is going to use the Bundy event to make money. He's using the high profile aspect of what happened at the Bundy ranch, because it went viral, and everyone knows where it is.

So, I go back to my comparison to the Westborough church using high profile funerals to get their 15 mins of fame.

I stand by my comparison, as both are equally low down in my opinion.

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
People who claim to be anarchists, organizing and rallying....... In support of the federal government? That makes zero sense, who the hell are these people?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

They never claimed to be anarchists. They were mocking Bundy for acting like that area is immune from law. His whole schtick about not recognizing the Federal government.

It's just a joke/excuse to keep Burning Man going for another month.

---

It's not like this thing is going to attract the 70,000 people Burning Man does.

The whole argument that the hippies are going to trample the land worse than the cattle may be kinda true, especially if the venue actually lasts a month, but nowhere near what those cows can do roaming around for 20 years. Also that's not really the point now is it? The organizer doesn't even make mention of that, he's mocking Bundy for refusing to recognize the law and pay. I'm sure the hippies will pay whatever fees are associated with their gathering.

---

Des, this isn't really Westboro church. I mean I can kinda see your point, the whole 15 minutes thing... I think the organizer is being a jackass too. I think a better comparison is Occupy. Except a bunch of hippies getting naked in the desert isn't going to hurt anyone, or even cause a disruption unless you're trying to be offended and drive out there.
edit on 2220140420141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
Is this moron trying to start a civil war? , it really sounds fishy .. guess this guy missed the whole point behind Bundy's stance . I really feel like I want to personally kick this dudes ass if he pulls off this stunt ...

Sadly I feel in my core that that's the whole point or message in this whole Bundy thing. Someone, somewhere is starting small fires across your nation and hoping all the while a spark or two will spread resulting in civil war they believe will end badly for the people. I can't say why but I'm feeling the beginnings of an "Arab Spring" within the US....Where the big fire will start is anyone's guess but my gut tells me it's coming and whoever is poking the embers with the sticks is ready.

Just my 02

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

If they are not anarchists, why do they have the anarchy brand on their logo? Whole thing makes zero sense. The lefties bitching about broken laws by bundy, now all of a sudden latching onto breaking laws now because it's a statement they like.... How do I know they are lefties? Look at the comments, lots of namecalling like teabaggers etc
edit on Tue, 22 Apr 2014 21:51:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

What does that have to do with anything? Muslims and Libertarians can still be wrong.

When did you get your PhD in AlphaHawk's life?

Maybe you should try reading before posting . I was replying to samsam9 not alphahhawk

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally post by: AlphaHawk

Using the word sheeple is in itself an act of acting like a sheep...

If you're implying that I'm a sheep, then fine, but you should know, I think this guy is being a dick.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of some here.

I made a statement that was open for interpretation, if you felt the need to somehow implement your self in that statement than I am sorry

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
"‘Bundyfest’: Burning Man organizer plans 30 days of anarchy next to Cliven’s ranch"
It is actually posted there on Facebook. I saw it. Please take the time to read and understand those words. Note the use of "organizer" and "anarchy" in the same sentence. It is simply hilarious! How can anyone take them seriously?
It reminds me of the moment of clarity I had some years ago when I walked into a record store and saw a section of music entitled "Christian Rock and Roll." (If you're under 50, you probably won't get that...but for us seniors..!:roll

A bunch of anarchists organizing a mass protest in favor of gubbermint agencies. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
But you know what---I'll be the locals will welcome them and treat them like human beings so long as they act like human beings. This is about a civil society and so long as these folks conduct themselves like members of a civil society, they won't be mistreated by the civilians. They have far more to fear from the folks they're supporting.
The funding question is indeed a good one. Does the anarchy group have 501 tax-exempt status as well?
This is the best chuckle I've had all day!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Fine, point still stands.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I see people making jokes about killing his cattle to feed the crowds that will show up, at least I hope it's jokes..... I kinda doubt the left wing radical type making those remarks would even know how to field strip an animal, let alone butcher and cook it. Some people seem to be taking it seriously, I saw one guy saying they will be downwind from his shooting range for example. Has the potential to become a volatile situation.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Permit should be based on price per head and told only 300 people can show up. If they don't like it then they finally get it.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Domo1

If they are not anarchists, why do they have the anarchy brand on their logo? Whole thing makes zero sense. The lefties bitching about broken laws by bundy, now all of a sudden latching onto breaking laws now because it's a statement they like.... How do I know they are lefties? Look at the comments, lots of namecalling like teabaggers etc

Oh dude, they're totally lefties. Completely agree. I just wouldn't call them anarchists. Having an anarchy symbol seems tongue in cheek, kinda like this:

But now, Cliven Bundy has shown us a NEW WAY! ABSOLUTE FREEDOM! Bundy has declared the entire area surrounding Bundy Ranch as a TOTALLY RULES-FREE ZONE! ANYTHING GOES! WOO-HOO!!!

Agree these folks are probably scofflaws when it aligns with their own beliefs. I wouldn't want to bet that Bundy is any better though.

Either way, hippy fest in the desert (that was almost dessert, and it made me gag) isn't hurting anyone. They'll pay the permits just like they do with Burning Man. If there is a question of environmental impact it will be addressed.

Link

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join