It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ghostly old lady.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
My partner and myself moved into a flat above a shop in south London just over 20 years ago, it was on a main road and was built in the 1900's.
The second night in I woke up and instinctively looked over to my sleeping partner, stood by her and looking down at her was and elderly lady in old turn of the century clothing and solid, it was if I caught her out because she looked a me with surprise and vanished, I didnt tell my partner the about it the next day so as not to alarm her.
Over the next few months things came to a head when my partner was in the bath, she had the flannel over her eyes and was chilling out, the door opened (she thought it was me) and heard an elderly female voice say "Oh, sorry dear I didn't see you there." which freaked her out.
When she whipped off the flannel no one was to be seen.
After she told me about it we both confessed to seeing greenish vortexes floating in various spots of the flat, and something sitting on the end of the bed before the dawn, these vortexes were the size of footballs and were a glowing green, not ghost buster green but the hue you get when luminescent toys were losing their glow and you can just make them out before the went.
We accepted her as she was harmless (and polite) and got on with life, there was no atmosphere or bad vibes about the place, but often when people stayed over they would complain of someone unseen walking around the room.
The icing on the cake for me was when my parents came to stay over, my old man was a no nonsense northerner, one evening he got up and went for a pee, after a few minuets he came dashing back in saying there was an old lady in the kitchen, popped his head back out and freaked a little as she vanished and there was no way past him and no way out.
When he sat down and got himself together we told him it was the house ghost and she was harmless.
He just looked confused and said "I dont believe in ghosts" and was convinced we were trying to trick him.
For a man who didnt believe in ghosts he recounted a story of when he worked at a coal pit (as a surface worker), it had a local well known legend of being haunted by the lady in white.
One particular night he was at the top of a metal stair way and was enjoying the silence you get with a covering of snow when he saw foot prints walking across the yard from someone unseen, he always said when he told this "I dont believe in ghosts".
Sadly we moved out eventually and we wondered if the old lady still wondered around her old home.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: zeevar

I have met many people who don't believe the evidence of their own eyes where ghosts are concerned.

One of my favorite occasions was sitting in the living room of an old house I lived in, my son had come to visit and we could both hear an upstairs door opening and closing. (the stairs were in the living room, so the sound was very clear)

My son went up the stairs to close windows and the bedroom door, to stop it swinging in what we thought must be wind coming through a window. He discovered both windows were closed tight, as were both doors. He came back down stairs, sat down and the noise started again. He checked upstairs again, but all was as he had left it. The look on his face was a picture! He stayed over that night, due to shortage of space slept on the settee.

It seems that while i was sleeping, my son laid down and was just drifting off, when he felt and heard almost instantaneously what he described as a punch which just missed his head and hit the back of the settee, along with the movement of air surrounding whatever was moved above his head.

For the last couple of nights he stayed, he insisted on sleeping on the floor in his 13 year old brothers bedroom, so he wasn't alone.

He didn't believe in ghosts before this, he did believe for a day or so, while still shocked and scared, but since then..........I don't believe believe in ghosts mum! It seems to be a default position for some who experience proof but can't/don't want to face the questions their experience brings. Perhaps questions like, can the ghosts see me undress?

Your old lady sounds to be a good lodger, just enough activity to make life interesting, without it being so full on, that day to day life is affected. Just the type I like

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Its often referred to as the "Old Hag" haunting. Whether the old lady is sad...or the menacing "old-hag" type appearances...this can be researched online..."OLD HAG" type haunting

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
The Old Hag is something a little more supernatural and sinister, this was (I believe) A benign former occupant.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I know...was just ab fyi for you...Im currently seeing an old lady, long dress, going to and from my laundry-utility room....she peeks around the door and watching me in the living room...and my dog looks up and barks at the air.

Im no stranger to events like this and even wrote a short book about it...you and I arent alone in this phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Yes, my sister was/is a skeptic that won't believe either. She heard the ghost scratching on the bed rails when we were young and sleeping in the same bed, and she heard it walking above me on the tin roof... (it's a long story). lol
But, even though she experienced these things, she says she doesn't remember either one of them.

Some people just can't cope with the paranormal, so their mind has to store it away from the consciousness.

I had a little old lady ghost for many years in my current house too. I actually felt sorry for her.
Some seem to be "lost", and you know they have to be lonely!
I think mine has crossed over, finally. I haven't had any activity from her in many months. However, I have seen a different ghost lately. We'll see how that plays out! I think it is a good spirit/ghost because it appears to be white, from what I've seen.

Awesome story. S&F

Tip: you will get more people reading your posts if you put breaks/spaces in your story about every 7-8 lines. A wall of text is hard on the eyes.

edit on 4/23/2014 by sled735 because: Dang typos!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
interesting story,
I like how the old lady said she was sorry for popping in on your partners bath, and then she was in the kitchen as your father noticed.
Call me crazy but if it were me, I probably set a plate and a glass of water at the table for her so she could be part of the dinner conversation she would have liked being welcomed to listen in.
Also
When I read things like your story, I always get a tickle out of paranormal investigators turning off the lights and doing their thing at night so it can be more spooky.
edit on 23-4-2014 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735
Worth trying to communicate with I think.

Tip taken on board and appreciated.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mysteryskeptic
Maybe even contribute towards the rent a little

I think turning off the lights shows up the orbs more...but it does create an atmosphere and after all looks good for tv.

new topics

top topics

join