It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Abusing Teenage Boy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Just another monday, just another hollywood mogul accused of pedophilia and (allegedly!) using his position and influence to corrupt our youth.

Egan, who is heterosexual, claimed in the suit that from age 15 through 17, Singer, as one of a ring of eight to 10 abusers, including other Hollywood power-players not named in this lawsuit—“whose names you will recognize,” Egan told The Daily Beast—sexually abused him.

This reeks of the same kind of rampant pedophilia that Corey Feldman brought to light not so long ago. At this point, is anyone surprised? The corruption in this country goes so deep into the corporations, the government, and the judiciary, that anyone would have to be silly to think that Hollywood isn't full of the same immoral psychopaths that dominate the rest of our "society."

“Immediately the brainwashing began,” Egan told The Daily Beast. Echoing the allegations in his complaint, Egan claimed that “they would sit me in a room and tell you that you were gay, which I wasn’t, that I had to keep the group happy. They constantly pushed you. The threats began immediately. They said that if we didn’t keep them happy, harm would come to ourselves and our families. There were threats of weapons. We were told we would be eliminated, our career chances would be destroyed. It was a living hell.”

Good times, right? But hell, as long as the entertainment-industrial complex keeps churning out formulaic rubbish based on rebooted comic franchises and an endless parade of sequels, who cares, right?

Wrong. It's time to act, and the truth is, this won't end until we the people stop feeding the beast. We need to keep our money in our pockets, boycott all of Hollywood, and stop funding the lavish lifestyles of these perverts. With the number of allegations coming out regarding the pedophilesque tendencies of Hollywood elite, and the sheer metastasis of the corruption, I say the new rule for these people is guilty until proven innocent.

If a director or movie star or anyone in the industry wants our money, they should be proving they aren't part of this malignancy. They should be working to expose the corruption and out anyone involved in abusing our children or corrupting the minds of our youth.

Sad thing is, apart from the victims, I don't see anyone standing up to expose these demons. So until I do, Hollywood can starve. My money is staying in my wallet. Yours should as well.

Original source

edit on 21-4-2014 by JonButtonIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've been looking into this since the story broke. Apparently this goes pretty deep, with some big names being involved. It makes me a little uneasy watching any of his movies now. It's sad, because I liked "The Usual Suspects".

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JonButtonIII

I really don't have a lot to say about the "big wigs" in Hollyweird, at least nothing that won't get me banned for breaking ATS T&C's.

They (Hollywood as a whole) banded together for a known pedophile, actors and directors and everyone in between. Is it a surprise that some director "allegedly" abused a young child?

I dare say no more as I value my forum membership.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yeah, this has apparently been going on for a long long time. If you look into the previous sexual abuse allegations made by Corey Feldman and Corey Haim, you'll see Feldman states the pedophiles are everywhere in Hollywood, that he was surrounded by them, and that their names you would certainly recognize.

As far as I'm concerned, this has reached catholic priest levels of corruption. If the remaining people in Hollywood want us to believe they're innocent, they need to start outing the perpetrators ASAP. It's time to clean house.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing this story, weeks before the opening of his new movie this happens to get public? Seems more like rivalry between studio's.

Also the person is asking for a compensation in the millions. I won't say he's lying, but I have my doubts.

To add: I do believe pedophilia is a common thing in Hollywood, sex and power is part of their lifestyle. Don't even start about the Walt Disney club.
edit on stAmerica/Chicago421uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Too bad apparently at the time he was molesting this boy in Hawaii, he was supposed to be doing the pre-production for X-Men in Toronto. He says he will produce receipts that show that he was in Toronto during both times he was supposedly in Hawaii doing this.

Not to say that it doesn't happen, just in this case, he apparently wasn't there, and didn't do it.
edit on 4/21/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

We'll certainly see.

But you know, when you're talking about powerful people with powerful friends running pedophilia rings... it's not too hard to flash around some money, get some receipts printed, and suddenly have a whole slew of "trustworthy eyewitnesses" claiming dude was somewhere else at the time.

Anyone who thinks rich people can't (and won't try!) to buy their way out of these kinds of problems obviously hasn't been living in 'umerika for the last few decades.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

This took place a matter of weeks prior to him starting filming on X-Men, which was probably the biggest movie he had directed to that time. His biggest movie prior to that was The Usual Suspects. Somehow, I don't see him blowing off pre-production on what was potentially the biggest sci-fi flick in years, as well as his big break in directing.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

But it only takes one (alleged!) night to fly in, molest some kids, then get back to business.

It's not like kid-molesting would be a full-time job.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't have a hard time believing this at all.

Lawyer For Man Claiming He Was Sexually Abused By Famous Director Says He’ll Name More Names Monday

This goes way back
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

After moving to Southern California, Egan’s family put him in a private school, where he made a friend who introduced him to his older brother, Chad Shackley, in mid-1998. Shackley lived in a mansion in Encino called the M&C Estate. He lived there with his lover, Marc Collins-Rector, who ran an “online entertainment business” called the Digital Entertainment Network, or DEN.

www.buzzfeed.com...

Marc Collins-Rector,

Singer Lawsuit Is Tied To Marc Collins-Rector, Infamous Child Abuser Of The Dot-Com Boom

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

In fact, after DEN went belly-up (with the loss of 300 jobs following a botched $75 million IPO), Collins-Rector fled the U.S. and briefly spent time in a Spanish prison before being convicted in federal court of sex crimes. He pleaded guilty and paid a fine.

His name has resurfaced in the lawsuit filed against X-Men director Bryan Singer. The plaintiff, Michael Egan, claims he was 17 years old back in 1998 when he was introduced to Singer at Collins-Rector's mansion in California, according to The Wrap, where you can download a copy of the lawsuit.

articles.latimes.com...
How a Visionary Venture on the Web Unraveled

Start-up firm's white-hot bid to redefine entertainment turned into a cautionary tale amid financial excesses and a sexual abuse lawsuit. Site relaunch is planned.
May 07, 2000
edit on 013030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think I've heard enough from the former child stars and a couple current or very recent about the sexual depravity and perversion which is apparently common in the Hollywood subculture to say this doesn't surprise me as I've been seeing stories come up on it. I don't know about this business of him being in two places at once...but you'd think an accuser would have also considered that.

I think the fact both 'sides' would have reason to lie, ability and know-how to make it look good and every motive now to stick to it, we'll have to see how it pans out for this specific individual and what he may or may not have done. (this isn't the only accusation coming up now, as I understand it)

I'd really like to think there is nothing to this, because I couldn't watch some of those movies the same way again, if at all, if some of what is being accused for why and what traded for the sex is accurate. How do you watch these people on screen...if that's what they had to endure to get there?

Kinda kills the movie magic like a giant whoopee cushion in a quiet church.
edit on 21-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: typos..oh joy

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

And flying to Hawaii and back costs you a good bit of time. It's almost 6 hours out, you lose all the time overnight, and it's almost six hours back (depending on winds), that means you lose an entire day. Which doesn't seem like much, but when you're getting ready to film, or are filming a multi-million dollar movie that can be a lot of time.

Again, I'd be shocked if it DOESN'T happen, I just have trouble believing this one. The timing is amazing.
edit on 4/21/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

How do you watch these people on screen

I thought I was the only one that had this feeling, it is hard for me to watch movies at all these days.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Right, travel time would be greater than a few hours.

But you see what just happened there? You just conceded it would've been possible for him to be booked in Toronto and still attend the boylove orgy #5,435,394 at the estate.

So the excuse that he's de facto innocent because he was in pre-production at the time and has receipts for Toronto holds no water.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

How do you watch these people on screen

I thought I was the only one that had this feeling, it is hard for me to watch movies at all these days.

Ditto to your comment on being glad I'm not unique in that way. It kinda hurts too. I spent my trucking career, as a side thing, collecting DVD's in the sale baskets. over 900 of them in two big cabinets.....and I've watched maybe a dozen out of them all since I got off the road at the end of 2010. It's just not what it used to be for enjoying..is it?
edit on 21-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Not really. Because he would have been noticed if he was gone for 24 hours. And that would blow his alibi out of the water.

I'm always suspicious of these claims that happen right before a huge movie opens that's expected to be the blockbuster of the year.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

He was 17, so I looked up the age of consent in California and, surprised to find, it's 18. Jail bait.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i wonder if singer maybe got in an argument with someone? maybe wanted more money for something? this looks like he was getting bit big for his britches and someone is kindly reminding him just how small he really is....

ETA: An example of a real life CP bomb so to say.
edit on 21-4-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

No the stuff they are filming just doesn't interest me much, bad story lines, and I don't find the comedies funny.

I have taken to watching the old movies.

edit on 013030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

See, now that wouldn't surprise me. Or someone that he said he'd help and didn't suddenly decides that he wants some money from him before his next huge movie opens.

The timing on this is suspicious.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join