It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAQs on the 9/11 Commission Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I was just going over the "FAQ" section on the
National Archives 9/11 Commission records .
And it really pissed me off , i feel like they make it dam near impossible to view or research any records Pertaining to 9/11 and the commissions records .

Does anyone feel the same ?

When will the records be available?
The records of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (9/11 Commission) are housed in the National Archives Building in Washington, D.C. The initial opening will be held on January 14, 2009. Subsequent releases will occur as the remainder of the collection is processed.

Why were the records not open until January 14, 2009?
On 20 August 2004, 9/11 Commission Co-Chairs Kane and Hamilton encouraged the Archivist of the United States "...to conduct a systematic review of the records that are not currently available to the public with the goal of releasing to the public as much information as is allowable by law and regulation on January 2, 2009, or as soon thereafter as possible." This request was a direct result of deliberations by the Commissioners at a 21 July 2004 meeting. The result was a vote to allow public access to these records, to the fullest extent of the law, beginning January 2, 2009, or as soon thereafter as is possible. NARA was able to process a significant portion of the collection to be made available to the public on Wednesday, January 14.

Yeah...right!

Can I access the records without coming to Washington, DC?
The MFRs that are processed are also available online. For those researchers who cannot visit the National Archives, we accept reference requests via mail, fax, e-mail, or telephone. Your request should be specific and, ideally, should cite particular folders from the online folder title lists. The National Archives charges a reproduction fee for all copies provided to the public. Details of the NARA fee schedule are available on our website.

A fee...? Lame...

Is there a list of all the people the Commission interviewed?
Some of the interviewees hold or formerly held sensitive positions that do not allow their names and/or details of their activities to be released. Consequently, the list available online with some names protected is the only list available at this time.

I was surprised by this list actually , even though most of the interviews were done YEARS later .. Nothing of Significance really.

Why are the interviews with New York City first responders closed?
To facilitate interviews with New York City first responders, the Commission entered into an agreement with the City to keep the interviews confidential for a period of at least 25 years. The National Archives is honoring that agreement. The MFRs of certain high-ranking New York City officials as well as former mayor Rudolph Giuliani have been reviewed and released.

Of course !, they DON'T want any truth exposed anytime soon. 25 years and all the first Responders will be ill in health...just saying

I'm finding withdrawal notices in the boxes. What are those?
The Commission records that were withdrawn or redacted fall within one or more of the specific exemptions listed in our review guidelines. The majority of the withdrawn items have been removed for reasons of national security. Non-textual records such as audiocassettes or CDs have also been removed from the boxes and replaced with a withdrawal notice.

National Security.... Its always NATIONAL SECURITY !

How can I access the withdrawn records?
If the withdrawal notice indicates the record is classified, you may file a mandatory declassification review request (MDR) for that item. Please keep in mind that NARA does not have declassification authority for these records -- the agency whose information is in the document must review it for declassification. Due to the complex coordination review process, declassification review may take several years to complete. For access to information that is not classified, researchers must submit a review request for specific documents. All requests must be submitted to the Center for Legislative Archives.

Yeah... No hope there!

Can I file a Freedom of Information Act request for these records?
No. The Commission was established in the legislative branch and legislative branch records are not subject to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) provisions. FOIA only applies to records of the executive branch and Presidential Records Act records.

I am done ....really leaves me feeling ..hopeless really...

It gets better ,but i am to Irritated to continue , feel free to have a look..SMH...

www.archives.gov...

LSH

edit on 0172023041742st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 0292023042942st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 0302023043042st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

edit on 0332023043342st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Don't expect anything, of any value to ever emerge from that black hole.

If any missing jigsaw pieces were to emerge, they would most likely be from Russia, or China, but for now, they are worth more as bargaining chips, so they will keep hold of them.

The truth will out, but it may not be in our lifetimes my friend.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Watchfull
Don't expect anything, of any value to ever emerge from that black hole.

If any missing jigsaw pieces were to emerge, they would most likely be from Russia, or China, but for now, they are worth more as bargaining chips, so they will keep hold of them.

The truth will out, but it may not be in our lifetimes my friend.

I agree with you, it's like they are saying "HERE WE HAVE THE INFO YOU WANT ,BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!".... Sorry about the caps ,still a bit irritated..

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

...and people who believe the OS wonder why there is a conspiracy surrounding 9/11. This was an attack on our country, this information should be free and available online for all citizens too see. Our government has a responsibility to prove without a reasonable doubt to the public that this was indeed organized and implemented by terrorists. When you have over 3,000 citizens losing their lives due to the collapse of the towers, and over 5,000 American soldiers sacrificing their lives due to this attack, they owe American citizens and the citizens of foreign governments who lost lives concrete answers.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
There are over 410,000 documents pertaining to 9/11 in the National Archives in Washington DC. A few of them are on the internet but most you must visit Archive I or II.

They let in who they want to let in as it's not a democracy.

You will need to go through the office of your Senator.

In other words you will never get in.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

A fee...? Lame...

This is something I have a problem with on all levels of government. Including local.

I just had to pay a $50 fee to to the state register a business name.
Now I pay all my taxes, in all forms.
I get no deductions or 'gifts' from the state or feds.
These state employees are being paid by MY taxes. Why do I need to pay another fee to register a name?

Why do you have to pay a fee to register a deed to property?
Why do you have to pay a fee to use the court system?

Maybe I'll charge a fee for state employees to walk through the front doors of my business.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The 911 Commission should have been done by the BBC. 9 years is a little over the top. The BBC is so clever, they would have wrapped things up 23 minutes before the Commission was put together.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: spooky24
There are over 410,000 documents pertaining to 9/11 in the National Archives in Washington DC. A few of them are on the internet but most you must visit Archive I or II.

Yes sir, and would you believe only 35% of the docs are accessible to the public? , i don't understand this whole National Security concern.... Seems like a good way to keep things quiet if you ask me .
edit on 047111130447411st by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent

A fee...? Lame...

This is something I have a problem with on all levels of government. Including local.

I just had to pay a $50 fee to to the state register a business name.
Now I pay all my taxes, in all forms.
I get no deductions or 'gifts' from the state or feds.
These state employees are being paid by MY taxes. Why do I need to pay another fee to register a name?

Why do you have to pay a fee to register a deed to property?
Why do you have to pay a fee to use the court system?

Maybe I'll charge a fee for state employees to walk through the front doors of my business.

Yes sir, i could understand a fee if "paper" was bring used ..but electronically? And yes i think you should charge government employees !

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: beijingyank
The 911 Commission should have been done by the BBC. 9 years is a little over the top. The BBC is so clever, they would have wrapped things up 23 minutes before the Commission was put together.

The BBC that reported the fall of building 7, 20 minutes before it occurred?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyDee

originally posted by: beijingyank

The BBC that reported the fall of building 7, 20 minutes before it occurred?

Yeah, that's one of the things that opened my eyes on this whole 9/11 false flag bit .

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Yes sir, and would you believe only 35% of the docs are accessible to the public? , i don't understand this whole National Security concern.... Seems like a good way to keep things quiet if you ask me . - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

All 400,000 documents are available however there is a strict process you must go through. You need to be specific about what you want to see. And you need a good reason why. These are 2 huge buildings and keeping track of 200 years worth of documents is a daunting process.

I have access to about 80,000 of the most pertinent documents that British nincompoops Robbyn Swan and Anthony Summers used for their 4 year research project.

Also, there are a good many memos and interview statements in the FBI Vault that I can get to. The deal is you can research these documents however you can't copy them and post on the internet. Both the FBI and the Archives staff know I will not do that so I can access them.

If you would tell me what you are looking for I might be able to view it.
edit on 22-4-2014 by spooky24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: spooky24

If you would tell me what you are looking for I might be able to view it - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ya cause that make's sense, get your, the random person on the internet, recollection of some material that you could not copy.
But if you are up to the challenge, Ill start with page 1 of your 80,000 that you have access too. Cliff note versions are fine.

There should be no reason for the daunting process if it is public.....

- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

How public does that sound??

Wonder how many times the FBI has told the american public "If they have nothing to hide then they won't mind the FBI looking"
Paraphrased of course

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This is how The Archives has dealt with everything from JFK to Iran/Contra and everyone is shocked? Even if you manage to jump through all the hoops and red tape you will get slightly different versions of the same document.This has been happening to the researchers of the JFK Assassination for years now.Not to mention the constant disappearance of various documents.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

No one every said it was fair. Researcher Harold Weisberg waited 19 years to get the spectrograph results on slugs taken from Officer Tippit. When they were finally produced they were inferior and really amounted to nothing as far as evidence was concerned-the staff had no idea what was in the file-no one did.

What you need to remember is the Archive's buildings are huge and the amount of material they store is beyond belief. That doesn't account for all the problems however most are due to the overwhelming amount they try to keep track of.

As far as 9/11 is concerned you need to be specific about what you want to see. Tell me what you want and I can find out if any other researchers have the material.

Remember, families have the right to refuse publication of documents that concern some one who has died on 9/11. I don't have a problem with that.

What do you want to see?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I would like to see their work but that's not gonna happen.In the end the entire so-called investigation was a PR exercise they simply rubber stamped a per-determined conclusion that would serve the US Government's backers agenda.I agree with respecting the victim's families privacy.As for the Archives there have been far too many stories of supposedly missing documents.

top topics

join