It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my family being terrorized by a demon/ paranormal entity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
K this is my first thread. All im looking for is similar experiences/Information to this tall, thin, clawed figure as described by my younger brother.I would like to know how to approach this situation before we actually approach it. I believe that all of my family's "experiences" (realize I am still skeptical myself) might have some connection. Maybe they don't. I am more of an E.T. guy myself. Understand though that my brother and I have a ten year difference in age (I'm 30, He's 20), and we share the same father but not the same mother. As well as the fact thatwe just started building a decent relationship over the last year after having no contact for the last ten. I have uploaded this story to my facebook account to see if any of my friends have any answers. I do expect doubt and ridicule though. So get ready for my first thread ATS hear goes. Go easy on me please. Oh and mods as my first post I tried to put in appropriate forum. If I was wrong please move accordingly..... Thank you!

O k so I just wanted to share something here seeing as how I just spent all night trying to research it and couldn't find a damn thing. You guys can make fun of me if you want to i could care less, I just want to figure out as a husband, father, and protector of my home, what the hell is going on with several members of my family.

So last night my wife, brother (he lives with us for the time being), Oldest and youngest son, youngest daughter and I were at my wife's friends place picking up my kids Easter baskets. For those of you that know my family, the twins were currently spending the night at their father's place When we walked in the apartment my brother and I could detect and odor permeating the air. I shrugged it off as a strong bacony smell. She has a cat (3 out of 5 of my children are allergic) so I took the kids outside to the van while my wife brother and her friend conversed.

After twenty minutes my wife and brother came outside and got in the van so we could leave. As I back the van out of the parking spot my brother and wife start talking about cleansing our house with sage on sunday when everyone will be home. I'm say, "what the # are you guys talking about?" My brother looks at me and states "I found out what that smell was, It was sage and i'm going to cleanse the house. To which I reply "FROM WHAT?". My bro say that he will tell me when we get home and he doesn't want to say in front of my wife and children so as not to scare them.

We get home and this is what he describes: He woke up one night (About a month ago) to his bedroom door creaking open. there is a clawed hand holding onto the top sill of the doorway and a head leaning down at an angle looking through the top right corner of the doorway. the figure was taller than the door itself and very thin. My brother couldn't make out a face. He said that as it became aware of my brother coming awake, it slowly backed up down the hallway to my oldest daughters room.

Now let me just say that he showed me standing on a chair what he saw as I sat on his bed. It was #ing creepy. Even if I am skeptical.
He also said that he believes that our grand father that died a week prior to new years eve 2000 has been following him around off and on for the last 14 years. Our grandmother has stated the same thing. Another time when he was younger he was sitting home alone at his mother's house watching t.v. as it was transitioning from the show to a commercial when the screen goes black, he saw a figure standing in the reflection. When he turned around there was nothing there. Another time as a child his X-box 360 controller went haywire and master chief started playing on his own.

I know what you might think.... sounds like a story. I agree. However, Before we moved into this house last April, we lived in a second story apartment. My oldest daughter had the farthest room from the front door. there were several nights over the two years that we lived there were my oldest girl told us that there was a tall thin man looking in her window in the middle of the night. There was nothing for anyone to stand on and you couldn't see into her bedroom from the street as we lived in the upstairs apartment.

My Wife no longer stays downstairs in our house after 12:30 a.m. regardless if i'm downstairs with her or not. In the middle of the night around 1:00 a.m. she gets a strong feeling of being watched and studied. She told me that the feeling is very uncomfortable, scary, and she feels like a prisoner in her own home.

Last but not least we come to my youngest daughter. She is only 16 months old but she is beginning to form complete sentances and she knows how to get what she wants as well as point to and make known what she wants or is focused on. About 6 times over the last 8 months she has had fits of giggling infectious laughter to which she will point at something above her and follow it around the room. She will wave and say hi. We have taught her to say hi and by to people so what is she waving to? What is she laughing at?

I have had a a few nights where I will stay up researching the paranormal, and reading up on currant events, Or playing ps3 till about 3 a.m. As I shut everything down, and begin climbing the stairs I will get the feeling that there is some one behind me watching me. I have always attributed this feeling to a paranoid overactive imagination. now after hearing my family's testimony I am not so sure.

Needless to say though last night when I learned of the family experience I invited this thing to visit me as I believe in seeing it with my own eyes. I will be taking video and pics on easter sunday not only to have memories of a family get together but maybe I can pic something up not seen with the naked eye. My wife, she is kind of an amateur photographer has caught quite a few pics of orbs floating near my oldest son and oldest daughter so I wanted to give it a shot in hopes.

I am still skeptical of this whole situation. I want to put a face and name to what my brother has described and hopefully find some merit to the things experienced by my family. Knowing that a few of you on here might believe I'm just telling a story. I'm not looking for anything other than answers, so troll if you must I could care less.hopefully I catch something on sunday as proof. most of you know that I can barely turn a computer on let alone fake images. so thanks for reading guys and thanks for the replies.like I said I'm just looking for answers.
edit on 19-4-2014 by DilligafMisfit because: Hoping I posted in correct forum

edit on 19-4-2014 by DilligafMisfit because: tried to make it more effectively readable

edit on 19-4-2014 by DilligafMisfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What your brother described as a tall black shadow from my knowledge isn't a poltaguist

I've had my fair share of encounters with the huge black shadow type ghost, and on occasions while with others in the house I grew up in, friends family etc, which I lived in for 30 years, I've see the large black shadow in my bedroom doorway which also moved up and down the landing as you described others also see that incident

I moved out a few years ago now and live with my girlfriend and kids In a relatively new build house, only just recently have strange going ons started to happen again around me, just last night I felt a prod in my back while chatting to my mrs, a couple of nights ago I heard our children's toys being thrown in the down stairs living room a couple of my kids favourite toys have gone missing I've literally looked every where, had the house upside down looking... Nothing

These things tend to follow a victim there whole life's at least that's how it sounds to me of living with this entity for ever since I can remembers, it's always been there over the years on and off, they tend to be more active and regular when having family disputes arguments more stressed etc like they thrive and feed of the negative energy

I've just become used to it and it's never really been violent towards me or my family, just mischievous and annoying, I don't fear it I just try to understand it and sometimes get aggressive in return by shouting and storming round the house accidentally breaking things

I personally don't think you have anything to worry about films tend to vastly exaggerate things for obvious entertainment purposes, but if it has become a problem for you and others then there probably is things you can do other members could probably point you in a better direction

PS, Paragraphs Make reading a lot easier
edit on 19-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a few pics of scarlet johanson wouldn't hurt either..

to be fair, i don't think we could offer anything relevant?
noone knows if a post like this is legit to begin with..
you'd be wanting to consult some kind of spiritual authority, i think?

as someone who's keen on jesus, i know what this all smells like but i'll spare you the details..

depending on how well versed you are in occult stuff & tinfoil sh.t, hire out the movie 'shadow people' and watch it with your family (not the kids, hehe) ..sit through the wretched thing & wait for the little supposed CDC snippet at the end of the credits

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Pretty interesting and creepy story, I've had a couple similar experiences..

We get home and this is what he describes: He woke up one night (About a month ago) to his bedroom door creaking open. there is a clawed hand holding onto the top sill of the doorway and a head leaning down at an angle looking through the top right corner of the doorway. the figure was taller than the door itself and very thin. My brother couldn't make out a face. He said that as it became aware of my brother coming awake, it slowly backed up down the hallway to my oldest daughters room.

I had something fairly similar to this happen when I was young. I remember laying in bed and not being able to fall asleep, I saw what looked like arrows or something floating through the air all night. It freaked me out to the point that I just tossed and turned and tried to keep my eyes shut. At one point in the night I remember rolling over and facing the door. I saw what looked like hand gripping the doorway, and I remember thinking that I shouldn't be looking that way. But, I stared at the hand looking things, and I saw something (looked like a girl) float into my room. I remember blinking frantically a few times and it eventually went away. I've always figured this was just some nightmare and I couldn't tell that I was asleep.

He also said that he believes that our grand father that died a week prior to new years eve 2000 has been following him around off and on for the last 14 years. Our grandmother has stated the same thing. Another time when he was younger he was sitting home alone at his mother's house watching t.v. as it was transitioning from the show to a commercial when the screen goes black, he saw a figure standing in the reflection. When he turned around there was nothing there.

This is something that used to always seem to happen to me when I was younger. My mother always told me I was just imagining things, but it happened a couple of times a day, and the figure always seemed to be in different places. This could've just had something to do with the glare on the TV reflecting something in a different way, but I was always creeped out by it.

Another time as a child his X-box 360 controller went haywire and master chief started playing on his own.
I know what you might think.... sounds like a story. I agree.

This is something that happens all of the time, and I've never linked it to anything paranormal. I think the buttons just simply get stuck a little bit, characters will start to run certain ways, spin around in circles, or anything like that.

However, Before we moved into this house last April, we lived in a second story apartment. My oldest daughter had the farthest room from the front door. there were several nights over the two years that we lived there were my oldest girl told us that there was a tall thin man looking in her window in the middle of the night. There was nothing for anyone to stand on and you couldn't see into her bedroom from the street as we lived in the upstairs apartment.

Again, when I was younger I remember one night seeing a pair of dark figures at my window, and I kept looking around my room to see if it was some kind of reflection, but there wasn't anything tall together like that inside my room, and there wasn't anything near the window. This freaked me out enough to get up and leave my room, the rest of the night I felt like I was being watched.

I have had a a few nights where I will stay up researching the paranormal, and reading up on currant events, Or playing ps3 till about 3 a.m. As I shut everything down, and begin climbing the stairs I will get the feeling that there is some one behind me watching me. I have always attributed this feeling to a paranoid overactive imagination. now after hearing my family's testimony I am not so sure.

This is a pretty common thing for me as well. If I'm ever walking around in my house in the dark I feel like I'm being watched. I've had weird experiences all of my life, not just when I was younger, so I always get the feeling something is still around. Both of my parents, and one of my sisters also talk about experiences they still have.

I don't really have a clue if what you're experiencing is a demon, and I certainly don't think it's terrorizing you. Have you noticed things missing or anything like that? Stuff randomly gets moved, or disappears and one day just turns up somewhere?
Try to see if you can capture anything on pictures or a voice recording maybe. It doesn't sound like whatever is happening is to serious, so I wouldn't really worry. You'll get used to strange things happening every once in awhile.

Also, do you know the history of the home? Has there been any murders or anything like that?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Havox
Well like I said My wife is something of an amatuer photographer, so we've got a pretty decent digital camera set up. My wife's best friend is a semi-practicing wicca/wiccan (hope i got the terminology right.) Ive never personally subscribed to the spiritual or occult belief. I was jaded at a young age by the catholic church and my family basically turned me into a black sheep cause I have no religion. Anyways her best friend gave my brother a sage stick to perform a cleansing on our house. I keep an open mind... whats the worst that can happen? My house will smell like sage? The house we live in is about ten years old and a trac home to boot. We live on the mountain edge in las vegas and there is no bad history associated with the house itself that I have been able to find as of yet. My reasoning for this post was, well, what if there is some merit to my "story", and we do the wrong thing and turn some innocent "haunting" into something worse?

Like I said in my op I still don't fully believe that we are being haunted or what not. I'm not faithful or spiritual and I could care less if any one believes what Im saying. What's the phrase? "Pics or it didn't happen!" I agree. which is why I am going to use my wife's camera while they are performing this "cleansing of my home on Easter Sunday. I really would like to catch something cause I would like to believe that the closest people in my life are not just paranoid.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76
I used to be a very avid drug user so Ive seen my fair share of "shadow people". I recognize them for what it was though. when you are up for a fair amount of time with no sleep to recover the mind does tend to play some very dirty tricks.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DilligafMisfit
I have no idea what can happen if you try sage cleansing. I've never done any cleansing or any of that, just always lived with it. We've never been harmed or anything, so I don't think it's a problem, which sounds like the same thing in your case.
I don't agree with the Pics or it didn't happen thing in all scenarios, so I believe your story. If you do happen to catch something please share it with us! Even if you don't, that doesn't necessarily mean that your family members are paranoid.
Hopefully you do catch something though, good luck!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I'm not faithful or spiritual and I could care less if any one believes what Im saying.

Might be a good time to rethink that thought.

Just an FYI...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis
lol second person to say bout paragraphs, sorry, writing was never my strong suit and I thought I had made it pretty readable....evidently I didnt. I have heard some noises while everyone else in the house was asleep, but once again I attributed it to a rational explanation i.e.: house settling or an overactive imagination. My brother had said that his shoes had been moved around, and items he'd placed in his room a certain way had been moved and placed in different locations. We always thought it could've been my children as I have five running my home, so I dont know.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76
As to what it smells like..... if I was just a passerby to the thread I would be thinking "hmmm.... this person is just either looking for attention or is just looking for attention. well yea i guess i am. I have not personally experienced anything to which my family is describing. I was just looking to see if there were similar experiences around here to that ewhich my brother has seen cause hes scared, my wife is scared (and I'm more scared of her than anything). and i'm upset cause my family is scared and I am the provider/protector/ man of the house. I dont like my family being scared and I feel I can't make it better. so even re-reading my thread over and over I still do not think I believe myself. If we do legitimately have something in our house I would rather know what I'm dealing with and go about it the right way instead of making it worse though.....

I'll put it like this If I was to open a Business, I wouldnt go to my friends (who have never run a business themselves) to receive guidance on how to run that business. I would go to like minded people that have had experience. You get me?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Interesting, careful post... though pretty mild as far as how weird paranormal stuff can get. I get being skeptical. It is pretty far out of our agreed upon modern reality to think shadowy beings lurk around us... but darnit, they sure seem to.

Some use this stuff to push their religious agenda, and it usually comes from good intentions... but I'm of the opinion we just don't know... but there's something going on and spiritualists/religious folks might be right... or 'dead' wrong.

I hope if there are beings preying or playing with us, then there is an organization watching our collective backs... but maybe it's more corporate or a matter of choice than old-time religious-y?

Either way, engaging the "bad" ones leads to more grief... getting into the phenomena is alienating and leads to more questions than answers... but it is fascinating and points to a whole lot of facts about our universe that the average physicist is clueless about.

It also points to us being able to exist when we shed our bodies...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DilligafMisfit

Like I said in my op I still don't fully believe that we are being haunted or what not. I'm not faithful or spiritual and I could care less if any one believes what Im saying. What's the phrase? "Pics or it didn't happen!" I agree. which is why I am going to use my wife's camera while they are performing this "cleansing of my home on Easter Sunday. I really would like to catch something cause I would like to believe that the closest people in my life are not just paranoid.

Your brother may experiencing sleep paralysis. It can seem very real and scary while it's happening. Do the sage, there are worse things a house could smell like than bacon.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

what I would like to make clear is if i have offended any one with my replies, sooooooo not my intention and I apologize in advance. just trying to make clear my mindset on the situation. should I rethink my faith? maybe, very much a possibility. but I like to keep an open mind. intention was to gain like info and experience on my family's happenings. ive been researching as much as I can and with what little description I have, I don't have very much to go on and have found even less info in return. Dang you intranet!!!!!!! Be more informative!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl
we have come across that as one explanation. I have not ruled that out yet. thanx for the suggestion though

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'll put it like this If I was to open a Business, I wouldn't go to my friends (who have never run a business themselves) to receive guidance on how to run that business. I would go to like minded people that have had experience. You get me?

Sounds to me like you have a very level head on your shoulders.

With that said, I have done a massive amount of research on this subject.

Below is some of what I learned:

These are demons you are dealing with.

You need to learn from someone who specializes in dealing with them.

Norvel Hayes, Lester Sumrall, and Mark Virkler, are three of the finest teachers on this subject I know of...

How to Cast Out Devils - Norvel Hayes

How To Make The Devil Leave You Alone

Don't Give The Devil A Choice

Lester Sumrall is well known for his encounter with the "invisible boy"

Cornelio Closa, the disappearing boy

The story of the invisible boy is true. It is a story to which I was intimately related. It is about a young Filipino boy who was tormented by an alien entity for more than a year.

This spirit would cause him to disappear from a classroom at school or from his home. Cornelio’s father would nail the doors and windows shut, but Cornelio did not need natural openings to get in and out of the house.

The parents told me that the whole family would be in the front room of their home and their children would be down on the floor playing. Suddenly, with everybody looking, Cornelio would just disappear. The other children would start coughing and vomiting because of the stench that he would leave behind.

Because of his disappearing from the classroom, the boy’s school teacher had a nervous breakdown and never recuperated sufficiently to teach again. We investigated the whole matter very carefully. We didn’t want the slightest possibility of falsehood or misrepresentation in it, because we made a film of it. It is surely one of the most well-documented cases in our files.

‘No doubt, this is the greatest miracle outside of the Bible, and as great as any miracle in the Bible’. ~ Rev. H. A. Baker:

Lester Sumrall, Alien Entities pages 141-148 Source

Visiting a psychic or spiritual medium, using a Ouija Board, or buying an amulet, talisman, or crystals that have been assigned a power of some sort such as healing or protection will almost certainly bring demonic activity into your life.

Things that invite demonic spirits

Mark Virkler discovered seven supernatural prayers that remove the legal right of the demonic and usher in healing for the spirit, soul, and body.

SID: But when she prayed for you, she showed you seven very supernatural prayers and you’ve
been praying this over people ever since. What type of results have you gotten?

MARK: We have gotten tremendous results. As I looked at those seven prayers, which I realize
she was detaching the anchors the demons hung on to, and that’s why the demons came out so
easily.

MARK: Yeah. And so she would remove all the legal rights through these first six prayers, and
the seventh prayer was to cast the demon out. And at that point it would come out easily without
any pressure because it’s no longer attached to something within the individual.

SID: And just out of curiosity, when you would pray for normal deliverance, it would be hours
and they would yell and scream, and fight. Do you see much of that now?

MARK: No, no. See that’s over with now because now deliverance is usually maybe two or
three minutes.

LINK

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
interesting. gonna take me a minute but gonna check it out. I actually have had the privilege to sit in on a discussion as well as a service performed last sunday, where I live, with Pastor/ Dr./ writer John C. Maxwell. Now me not being very spiritual and all I actually enjoyed what the man had to say. He comes off as a very intelligent, very funny man, and In the business I am in I will have many a more opportunity to sit in on more of his discussions. Yes this was off topic . I only throw that in to try to communicate that I can have an open mind and get past my own belief system.

But once again thank you for adding some info to hopefully help me with my own situation or lack there-of.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'm not starring or flagging because I don't want to draw other people to this thread. They'll find it if they need to.

We had a problem with a number of hauntings at our last house. The last day I was there I even opened the door and looked out to see if the child I had just glimpsed running past the window in broad daylight was there. Nothing. When I mentioned to one of my children "The girl in the blue jumper?" she just said "Yes" and looked very serious.

There was a more scary presence. We assume it was one of the men who built the house. It's a taboo subject, (for good reasons which I now understand), but at a certain time in the past men of two different nationalities carried out acts of pre-war sabotage including building houses in a way that would eventually lead to collapsing walls. Our back wall was built in this way. As the wall neared collapse the spirit became more and more active. Stenches and insistent knocking were part of it. We assume he regretted what he'd done and wanted us out before someone was hurt. We left and the house was demolished. I hope he's at peace now.

A scary presence could be warning you of danger, it may have your best interests at heart. Last time I was aware of him he was suddenly behind me as I worked alone at 2 in the morning. I told him we were grateful to have had the house to live in and we were very nearly completely moved out. I didn't witness the demolition but I suspect that house came down VERY easily.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

We live on the mountain edge in las vegas and there is no bad history associated with the house itself that I have been able to find as of yet.

sometimes its not the house but the land, which is why some houses are haunted even though they were built less than a year or two ago. For Vegas my thinking goes to the mafia, not sure how far out in the vegas desert you are or how remote it is but that might be something you can check in. As for your girl from the waving and laughing I wonder if that would be your father/grandfather I forget which one you said.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sandman441

We live on the mountain edge in las vegas and there is no bad history associated with the house itself that I have been able to find as of yet.

sometimes its not the house but the land, which is why some houses are haunted even though they were built less than a year or two ago. For Vegas my thinking goes to the mafia, not sure how far out in the vegas desert you are or how remote it is but that might be something you can check in. As for your girl from the waving and laughing I wonder if that would be your father/grandfather I forget which one you said.

This is a good point. Maybe try to find some information on the land and that specific area, not just the house.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join