It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my family being terrorized by a demon/ paranormal entity?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I can appreciate that as I did not create the thread for a couple of virtual tokens. it was for legitimate thought provoking discussion as to the identity and/or info regarding what might be a presence haunting various members of my house hold. my family members are genuinely terrified and i am perplexed as to how to help them make the best out of an anyway situation. that being said the being that was described to me and in turn which I described here, seems to be a rare occurence. as well as the fact that there are minor differences Ive noticed when going from account to account. to which ive only been able to uncover about 3 or 4 instances. outside of my familys own. but its only been about a day.
I have noticed on common denominator in my household though... its only been directed at the women. in the case of my brother though, since being male it doesnt match with the gender that is being "visited" in my home, I believe (and this is purely speculation) that since my brother was raised mainly by his mother, grandmother and aunt, that he is more easily able to empathize with the fairer sex.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sandman441
the thought that it might be my old grandpop stopping by to say hi had crossed my mind. As to the area of town it has only recently been devoloped over the last 20 or so years and would fit in with the old mafia adage of 86'. (eight miles out and six feet deep). that thought alone does warrant some looking into. Not exactly sure which direction the mafia woulda hid any bodies. LOL I dont think that info would be widely known. but definately something to look into.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DilligafMisfit
a reply to: sandman441
the thought that it might be my old grandpop stopping by to say hi had crossed my mind. As to the area of town it has only recently been devoloped over the last 20 or so years and would fit in with the old mafia adage of 86'. (eight miles out and six feet deep). that thought alone does warrant some looking into. Not exactly sure which direction the mafia woulda hid any bodies. LOL I dont think that info would be widely known. but definately something to look into.

yeah my knowledge of vegas is the strip and a little bit downtown. So wasn't too sure where anything really is. haha I doubt you find anything but you might get a little lucky (or unlucky) and find something out about it. But that was the first thing that came into my mind about it.

I have a ghost in my house, it comes and goes with no rhyme or reason but the first 2-3 years I lived in the house it was pretty active and we just ignored it and its slowed down and stopped for the most part. The last activity I had was about 2 years ago and nothing since then. But it comes and goes, before that I couldn't even tell you the last activity we had.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This remembered me about THE RAKE and Slenderman xP
Take a look at THE RAKE creepypasta, but idk if is the same thing
Anyways, good luck

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There is no physicality to spiritual energies in the sense that we don't see people or evil beings. We interpret these energies based on our own personality and experiences. Often these interpretations are misguided due to our limited capacity to understand higher beings and our minds interpret them as foreign and evil.

Spiritual energy, when focussed, does have a habit of interacting with electricity. This explains lights and and tvs etc going on and off. Its not intentional but a consequence of heightened spiritual energy.

Fear is not an acquired emotion in the sense that we are born with it, it is taught. This explains why small children sometimes react in a happy and friendly way to spiritual energy.

I have learned through meditation that our personalities don't change after death and some people remain
earthbound tied to the lower spheres or enlightenment. They miss being physical and spend a lot of time trying to communicate with us or tricking us if they were like that in real life. It does attract these earthbound spirits and they do trick us into believing they are past relatives. They do it more often that not because they miss the physical world and want to communicate with physical beings.

I often get these spirit forces trying to contact me in meditation and clairvoyant readings. Meditation does attract these earthbound spirits and they do trick us into believing they are past relatives, What I always do prior to a a sitting is ask for a code word. Something that the person having the sitting knows but I don't. if they refuse or give false answers I send them on their way.

Bad spirits feed off negative energy such as fear. My advice is to ignore it and they more often get bored and move on. Poltergeist activity is just a mischievous individual that has passed on. Again the secret is to ignore them and not feed their negative energy.

Hope this makes sense and helps in some way to address your problem.

Earthblaze

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DilligafMisfit

my family members are genuinely terrified and i am perplexed as to how to help them make the best out of an anyway situation.

Check out the testimony of Mark Houser.

Might want to give him a shout on Facebook as well...

His experience sounds very similar to yours.

I use to be a non-believer who would mock Christians. God used the spirit realm to wake me up to a new reality through a series of encounters with Spirits. I previously did not believe in Spirits and thought Christians needed a crutch to get through life. However these events humbled me and turned my world upside down. I became a believer through these encounters.

My son, my daughter, myself, and the previous owner of the house all saw the spirit. There were also friends of mine and my teenagers that witnessed the spirit. I did not believe in the afterlife or the spirit realm. This experience lead me into ministry. I used to make a lot of money in business, but I gave that up, to minister.

Then, the strangest thing happened. The big house I had purchased turned out to be haunted. I know that sounds crazy, but it’s true. I called the previous owner, another businessman like myself who didn’t believe in demonic spirits. At least he said he didn’t. His wife told me they had decided to sell the house because of the spirits. Then she went on to describe what they had witnessed. It messed me up. I didn’t believe in the “spiritual realm.” I had no belief in God; in fact, I viewed Christians as people who needed a crutch to make it through life. I thought I had it all figured out. I believed in evolution. But if everything comes from matter, where do spirits come from…?

I decided to sell the house. In the proceeding months, the house sold and we moved into another one. Then one night after a church service, I came home to find my kids frozen in fear. When I asked what was wrong, they said they’d seen the spirit again in our new house. I caught a faint glimpse of it. I fell to my knees and started praying aloud, “By the blood of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit, I command you to go in Jesus name!” Then my son said, “Dad, stop, look at the ceiling!” I looked up to find shadows racing across the ceiling. “What is it?,” I asked. My daughter replied, “Don’t you see the angels?” The demonic spirit never returned.

Mark Houser Testimony

I spent the majority of my life seeking the approval and admiration of "man". I use to believe Christians were weak and Jesus was a crutch to make them feel better. I defined myself by my exotic cars, a big house, how much money I had in the bank. God knows exactly what it will take to turn each of us around. Because I was a "self-made" man of great pride, He had to bring me to my knees,literally, to reach me and transform me. To make a long story short, I unwittingly purchased a house, for myself and my two teenagers, that was occupied by "spirits". My teenagers saw and heard them, but since I didn't believe in that kind of thing, I passed it off to adolescent imaginations. Only after they refused to come home from a visit with their mother did I begin to take them seriously.

The "hauntings" were investigated and documented as authentic by a television series called "The Other Side". I ended up selling the house and losing thousands of dollars on it. During this whole episode, a friend of mine began inviting me to her church, saying I had the power to get rid of those spirits, in the name of Jesus. I did go to church with that friend and was saved the first time I walked through the doors. When one of the "evil spirits" appeared to my children and I in our new home, we immediately dropped to our knees in prayer. We witnessed an amazing display of the supernatural as angels appeared on our ceiling and the demons were permanently cast out.

Mark Houser

LINKS:
ATS Thread
Mark's Website
Mark Houser's Facebook

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: earthblaze
Appreciate the comment, however, I dont believe it could be as simple as just ignoring it, due to the simple fact that I have five small children living in my house. Ages ranging from 10 years old to 16 months. Yea my kids may be able to do there best to try to ignore it. but then again you have to take into account they are all 10 and under so that would be a feat in and of itself.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have always been fascinated by the paranormal and people's personal experiences. I will be interested in any further developments.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I found at when we moved that my children had been keeping quiet about some of their experiences. I regret now not taking some of what they did say seriously enough. Supposing your children managed the feat of ignoring it the problem I see is your children attempting to please you by trying to ignore it when actually they're suffering in silence. None of us need any extra stress in our lives.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Get your house cleansed as you said, but also plant rosemary around the perimeter of your property if you can. Also take note of the objects your brother says are being moved, and check if any of your own items have disappeared--personal stuff, not superficial stuff.

I have a couple of "suspects" that fit the description, but without further information I wont speculate. I will say that its not your late grandfather that has followed you to your new home, but something HAS going by what you said your daughter saw at your old apartment.

More importantly, make sure everyone gets decent sleep, it will try to get you vulnerable so dont go hyper-vigilant on every creek and sound your house makes. Sometimes random noises are just random noises.

I do agree in part with the poster above saying to ignore it and it will go away, but if it has made its presence known you have to make it know its not welcome.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

My spiritual teachers nephew started talking about his grandad visiting when was 10 years old. His grandfather had passed away the year previously. My teacher didn't intervene as he sensed no negative energy and his nephew grew out of it after several months.

Clairvoyance can be learned by anyone but some people have a knack of being very good at it without much help. Same thing could be applied to football or a politician.

If the situation is really disturbing you I would try and find a good medium in the area that is willing to come to your house. It is quite easy to send these spirits on their way.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I meant no disrespect when I said I only partially agreed with you, please accept my apology and explanation.

What I read from the OP was that this entity is behaving in an active manner and going by the title it is "terrorizing" the family--a passed on relative would not be so malicious (in my experience anyway). Perhaps I am reading too much into the tone of the OP and not looking at it as objectively as I could... its been a weird couple of months for me.

I hope this clears up any mis-communication on my part

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
I meant no disrespect when I said I only partially agreed with you, please accept my apology and explanation.

What I read from the OP was that this entity is behaving in an active manner and going by the title it is "terrorizing" the family--a passed on relative would not be so malicious (in my experience anyway). Perhaps I am reading too much into the tone of the OP and not looking at it as objectively as I could... its been a weird couple of months for me.

I hope this clears up any mis-communication on my part

No offence taken

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Cool!

We all come to the same point from different paths--sometimes (esp. here at ATS) communication gets misconstrued.

I would like to know some more of your background as I would like opinion on one of the (IMO) potential suspects...

Are you familiar with some of the Loa from Voudun/Voodoo?

Smiling Jack, tho he has other names is one of my first suspects. The reason for this I cant elaborate. There are EBE's that could fit the description, but none of the CE3 criteria fit. To me this is a para-terrestrial, not extra-terrestrial entity.

There are possible similarities with the "grinning man", but that is EBE due to the areal activity associated with said encounters. Also, Grinning man is always external to the home/witnesses as far as I have found.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I would try and find a good medium in the area that is willing to come to your house.

Things such as mediums and meditation are not your solution...

They are your PROBLEM.

The mechanics of this is quite simple...

One good analogy is demons and vacuum salesmen...

Open the door, let them in (for whatever reason) and you have given consent...

You have used the precept of FREE WILL, which all creations are 'set' by...

Many things can open the door for demonic spirits and harassment into a persons life.

Evil spirits are attracted to impurity.

Visiting a psychic or spiritual medium, using a Ouija Board, or buying an amulet, talisman, or crystals that have been assigned a power of some sort such as healing or protection will almost certainly bring demonic activity into your life.

Things that invite demonic spirits

During my former phone ministry every single harassment victim I worked with who'd ever used a Ouija Board had demonic spirits manifest (make their presence known) in the course of the deliverance session. Even when a person fails to contact a spirit through the Ouija Board, the mere act of trying invites demonic spirits into his life.

I've worked with literally hundreds of harassment victims, helping them to identify the things in their lives that have opened the doors to the demonic. In every case -- without exception -- demonic spirits have manifested in association with anything for which a power had been assigned.

Demonic Spirits

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester
Its funny because I pulled my oldest son outside yesterday afternoon while I was having a cig and asked him if hes ever noticed anything off with the house or other kids or anything. H came out and told me that one night in our old apartment, like I said in op we lived on second floor apartment, he was woken up by his sister saying there was something outside of her bedroom window. He said he got up and went to her window and could not see anything other than the twenty foot drop to ground level, the various vehicles of other apartment dwellers and the ground. He then told me that she was scared so he spent the rest of the night on the floor in her room.

later on that night his sister woke him up again screaming there was something outside the window again. he said he saw a face pressed to the glass looking at her and when it looked at him it disappeared into a cloud of mist or something.

Now take this story for what you want, believe me that's just what it sounds to me along with the rest of the crap going on. We have tried to keep our kids out of the loop so as not to scare them. when it comes up we try to get them to believe that it was just a dream.

With that being said I have been trying to get some E.V.P. recordings as I realized we had a digital recorder. (my wife just bought it. I got to admit Im kind of excited to get into this today with it being easter and all. that and I've never had a personal experience myself so I actually want something, anything to happen.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF
OHHHH TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THAT WHEN I FOUND OUT I WAS VERY P'O'd. When we got home Friday night after they told me, I made My brother and wife angry with me by locking them outside and screaming at the top of my lungs "YOU WANT TO SCARE SOMEONE? COME SCARE ME CAUSE I'M NOT AFRAID, I DON'T BELIEVE, AND YOU NEED TO BE MORE SCARED OF ME!!! I'm a very proud Irishman and no one, and nothing screws with my family. so yea I kind of invited it to visit me. I'm not scared, just more mad then anything.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF
LOL I was more worried of offending any responders to my posts so no offense taken and no apology necessary.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Wow, that is so ignorant. To best rebut that analogy is the Kirby salesman; Kirby are the best vacuum cleaners on the market, but can you get them in stores??? The are only sold to consumers door-to-door...

My point is that this was NOT invited, it came from the previous dwelling, or previous association. The entity must move on, and if help be needed; we are here to provide.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Being Irish is one of the best defenses!

Trust me I'm Jewish

ETA: You come from a rich cultural history, you should expose your kindreren to such folklaw (folklore).

Combined, this is nothing to you and "your clan" can handle, you will destroy it, and the family need never know.

I hold strength for you and your family. No entity can deter that.
edit on 20-4-2014 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join