It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Point Of Showing Any UFO Videos?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
As we all know, U.F.O. stands for unidentified flying object. There are tons of videos of UFOs all around the web that get posted here. Of course unidentifiable means we don't know what it is which would encompass a broad range of crafts. Personally, I firmly believe we that we have been visited by aliens and that they have been present all throughout humanity's existence but the general consensus among this site and other conspiracy sites is that we don't have any proof of extraterrestrial visitation so what exactly are people trying to prove by posting these videos? They are only going to be labeled CGI, a bird, some type of advanced military craft, etc. but anything alluding to indicating an ET presence is going to quickly be debunked due to that general consensus and the various explanations that I've just mentioned are going to be the prime explanations. It seems that only a select few are willing to attribute it to an alien presence due to the concrete proof issue so it seems like the videos would be better off in either the military projects or aircraft forums and just leave it at that. I get tired of seeing all these videos, which may in fact be extraterrestrials, get brushed off so casually.

Now I know someone is going to say "well this IS the alien and UFO forum" but if no discussion pertaining to the craft possibly being extraterrestrial in nature or origin is going to take place then why bother? It just seems like a waste of time.
edit on 18-4-2014 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah
Totally in agreement with you. I too believe in the existence of extra-terrestrials. I cant say how many times I have clicked on a thread only to go through hundreds of posts claiming the thread to be a hoax or c.g.i. c'mon people you say you believe that we are not alone yet every shred of evidence posted is "debunked" or slammed as a hoax. "It's a rock!!!!!". At what point are we going to "deny ignorance" like the motto of this site and quit thinking: "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,sounds like a duck,...it must be a ROCK!? I know the proof is in the pudding but like the christians say, "Have faith".

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DilligafMisfit

A rock?

Well that's a new one. I guess any description is game nowadays.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think there are some very well-informed and curious people on this site who are also tired of clicking on a thread only to see an obvious fake. Granted, some that may not be so obvious will also be called Chinese Lanterns or swamp gas, but if you read enough, you'll find yourself surprised on occasion by someone you thought was a total debunker saying something really is unidentified...

I had a personal sighting (no video or photos) that I've not been able to debunk, but I shudder at the thought of actually having a video to post and seeing it torn apart - or being called a liar, etc. That would be beyond frustrating.

It is just so easy to fake things, or to misinterpret an explainable craft as being a UFO - it happens a lot. A lot of people here are hoping and praying for something they CAN'T debunk, as that is the wonder and awe that feeds UFO research.

My response would be to keep learning and understand why people are saying what they are saying - sometimes its a knee jerk "debunk" but other times it is because they are experienced enough to see where something might be a hoax/fake or mistaken identity.

As for myself - I know SOMETHING is "out there" and I hold to that in the balance against all the debunking - it is my own unprovable proof.

peace,
AB

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Im a huge alien believer myself but I will say...for me...I need 2 things....just 2..and I rarely get it in videos...I need some sort of object whether its a light or metallic shape or something that I cant identify and then it has to move in an intelligent pattern...meaning goes in one direction then stops and goes in another or at least turns in a manner that it is so obvious it turned.

I came to this site specifically for the ufo stuff and ill be honest...I dont even check the ufo forum any more unless its got a lot of flags. I can maybe count on one hand how many really good ufo videos ive seen of the probaly 1000 I watched. I believe they are out there.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The universe is said to be 13.82 billion years old. Scientists believe earth to be 4.54 billion years old (calculations could very well be flawed). Assuming amphibians came before reptiles, dinosaurs from more primitive reptiles. Our galaxy is too large to denounce the possibility of the springing of intelligent life before our existence came to be. Anything that old, however, has its reasons to stay away from creatures like us. You know I would.

Anything larger and ancient than what we represent now in the human race would be difficult to comprehend. If anything, I could speculate that they might have come and gone, who knows.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I only use "a rock" in reference to all of the so called life found on mars. "oh look there is a gopher on mars, curiosity has pics!" "dummy thats just a ROCK." you get me?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is part of the problem with video editing. We have reached the point of "can't win" with vid/pic evidence. I remember people swearing to be FBI video analysts swearing that the hogzilla photo was faked, pointing out pixel-this and edit-that, then nat-geo dug the dang thing up and proved that there are just a bunch of people who will never believe anything.

Now we get to something like UFOs and (rightfully) people will not believe any photo/vid evidence regardless of source. There are two reasons for this. A. CGI is very good nowadays, and many use it just to get hits on a website or some other marketing strategy. B. People are not able to accept certain things regardless of evidence. There could literally be an alien craft land in the middle of the Super Bowl, aliens get out, shoot lasers into the crowd, etc., and the next days and weeks would be 99.% of the people post-processing it away as if it was a dream.

The reason I think sites like this are useful, and people should still post vids and photos, is that it can help those who do have an undeniable experience get some validation and learn to deal with the experience in a safe manner. Other than that, there will be no mass "Proof" other than a full on invasion that will satisfy the majority even though 36% of people say they believe (nat geo survey).

I prefer to know what I know, but still be very critical of the "evidence" that is presented, because 99% of it is junk/CGI or grabbing at straws. A lot more progress would be made if the tinfoil-hatters would do a better job of filtering their "proof". As it is, the overwhelming rubbish that comes through just makes a bad name for the whole subject.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I won't ever call out any posted video as being faked, because I just find that to be an easy way to insult the OP. There's a very high likelihood I won't believe it, but that's between me and the video. I don't walk in your shoes, so I don't know what your experiences are.

Alien visitation is simply one of those things where I stand firmly in the "I need to experience it for myself" corner. I have not witnessed anything that would lead me to believe an alien intelligence is flying around our skies. Maybe one day I will.

That being said, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of a-holes making hoax ufo videos these days either.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think it might be worth posting UFO videos specifically to debunk them. There could be someone out there who recognizes exactly what the little zippy light in the sky is, and put an end to the conjecture.

I don't get it. Why would somebody actually want MORE bunk? Do you want to live in a fool's paradise, thinking that something is an alien flying saucer when it can be demonstrated that it's a lighted helicopter toy?

The more things are exposed as hoaxes or misidentifications, the stronger the case will be when something authentically extraordinary shows up.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i would say none whatsoever, other than (A) a genuine desire to share something seemingly unexplainable, or (B) for the sheer trollage factor.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There is way too many bad UFO videos that are cycling through Youtube, and it pretty obvious that they are not UFOs. Its usually some bird, star, or a blurred out plane. Its either people are trolling for attention, or maybe the elite is posting these bad videos for a decoy.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Crystalwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That is the whole reason I rarely even look at posts in the aliens & UFO forum , every thing is swamp gas weather balloon chinese lanterns or cgi . When I see a post in this forum I know It is going to be called fake I dont care what proof there is it will be shot down declared fake.

Since I believe it is highly likely they exist and probability agrees . When there are untold numbers of suns with a few planets around each one. One astronomer guess that 1/billion is in the golden zone for life and 1/billion could have intelligent life that still leaves billions of possibilities .

To me to dismiss every thing is insulting to my intelligence.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Rule 1 if you are an alien and wanting to remain anonymous: turn out the lights. So, if the sighting is of strange lights in the night sky then it is safe to assume it is not an alien spacecraft.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I will still look just to see what is being recorded out there that others are seeing in the sky. Still probably a small percentage of these videos, just cannot be explained. Most can, some cannot.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Apparently because now "UFO" in no way could mean something like a flock of birds even if...they at a distance and not clear...are unidentified objects flying, rt? And "alien" no longer can longer my "legal ALIEN' neighbor from Canada. ALIEN now solely means little grey men from Outer Space.

That bugs the heck outta me as well. Especially when someone posts "I think I know what the UFOs want, are, doing...etc"

They CANT know. They are UN-IDENTIFIABLE-OBJECTS-IN-THE-AIR...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
UFOs, the human rorschach test. You see whatever you already believe in.

People need more scrutiny when it comes to accepting things they already believe in. Bright moving lights in the sky or metallic objects do not signify a spacecraft, because you never saw it leave the atmosphere... and even if it is a craft it doesnt mean aliens made it, piloted it, or had anything to do with it. If you dont see who's flying it (IF its manned) then you dont know!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Buziblu

You're right the vast overwhelming majority of strange lights are not UFOs.

However, there are also too many cases of UFO's reported using cloaking to camouflage themselves so obviously this phenomena can pretty much do amazing things to us whenever whatever controls it wants to implement it. A large number also excite the atmospheric gases from the energy generated by these things during flight so they don't seem to care about being seen. The capabilities that they possess leads me to believe that our level of technology is perceived as no threat to them. They sometimes seem to play cat and mouse with the best hardware our military can muster.

I often wonder if they are methodically just testing our technology, or do some just have a sense of humor and horse around.

Seriously, videoing a real UFO is an incredibly difficult stunt to master and requires major luck. The CGI hoaxes and utilizing optical tricks like losing focus and lens flare to make "UFOs" are a major problem that drown out the real catches. My favorites are the people who video what is obviously an airplane or helicopter and try to pass it off as a UFO. The improvements in our imaging technology is leading to both more cases of the real deal being captured and the sophistication of the hoaxes.

Caveat emptor always applies to any video or photographic evidence of UFOs. However, there are also countless numbers of real UFOs being photographed and videoed.
edit on 18-4-2014 by pdawg67 because: grammar

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Since there are quite a few people here that are currently working in certain jobs, whether classified or not cannot just say they saw anything since people might be watching them and they lose a good job. Airline pilots still get canned, so they don't usually report incidents when they happen.
People are always warned to keep their mouths shut and forget they saw one. I know because a family friend was a chief air traffic controller all his life after he served in the air force, and he watched a disk land right on a runway of an international airport and sit there with landing gear extended for 20 minutes. He had to report it but was told to divert traffic, and simply ignore it and tell everyone else to ignore it, and then after that to just forget about it forever since it didn't even happen.

With a social web woven in with this kind of stuff, it is no surprised how people view them today, still in disbelief.

Those who don't go along with the pack are ridiculed, discredited, characters assassinated, fired from jobs, harassed, put under surveillance, sent for psychiatric exams, and if all that fails, killed.

The reasons are many with the most popular theories including power trips and greed by those holding the secrets, but the reason I believe is because those holding those secrets have traded everyone else as collateral so they can gain even more secretive power and wealth over everyone else. Remember it isn't that they just succeed, but everyone else must also fail, for the full power trip effect.
Most of the others coming here have not "landed on the whitehouse lawn", because they traded away people to gain full unfettered access to do what it is they do, and it is not for the benefit of man kind. Friends don't stay hidden and operate by stealth. Enemies do.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

They are only going to be labeled CGI, a bird, some type of advanced military craft, etc. but anything alluding to indicating an ET presence is going to quickly be debunked due to that general consensus and the various explanations that I've just mentioned are going to be the prime explanations.
Only if birds, advanced military craft, or CGI are possible explanations. Does it kill the buzz to point out these explanations? The thing is, since these are videos (which we know can be manipulated) and additional information about them is usually very scarce, do you think there is something wrong with the sceptical approach? Or do you just want to be able to accept them as evidence of ET (or your non-mundane source of choice). If that's the case, why are you bothered by these explanations? Why not simply reject them. There a many who have no qualms about doing so.

It just seems like a waste of time.
It seems like a matter of separating wheat from chaff. On youtube there is an awful lot of chaff (not to mention outright hoaxes).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join