It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Second Source of Light detected by the Rover. Curiosity Sol 568.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LionEatsSheep

We've seen cosmic rays a ton. Just look at the images phage has posted. They aren't any if your other options because the light isn't in the second image.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

raymundoko
reply to post by Arken

You still haven't answered the question of why you intentionally left the second image out of your OP.

Sorry, but I don't understand your question.

What is exactly, your problem with the second image in the Opening Post?

Please explain clearly, slowly and politely, your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Arken

Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Arken

Let me guess Phage, cosmic ray strike again?

Good find Arken!

I bet.

... And now Unleash the "It's a Cosmic Ray!!" crowd!

Stop being ridiculous, isn't it obvious??? The obvious culprit here and the only possible explanation is very simple... What else than swamp gases would this be... pffftttttt..... ***Sarcasm included...***

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It has to be either swamp gas or ball lightning because those are the only plausible explanations.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

That's hilarious.
Did you think it up by yourself?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 17-4-2014 by spurgeonatorsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Phage

That's hilarious.
Did you think it up by yourself?

Got it out my USAF project blue book prosaic explanations for dummies edition. It says it could also be Venus. From the same people that invented cosmic ray strikes and flying light houses. Seems legit.

edit on 17-4-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I'm all for thinking outside of the box, but some people give some really questionable explanations for things when far simpler explanations are much more likely. Contrary to some people's beliefs, "Aliens" are not the answer for everything in the Universe that cannot be explained. There's no difference between them and the "God" crowd.

It stresses the importance of being unbiased when examining evidence, no matter how you feel on the subject.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Once upon a time the "It's Venus!" crowd, followed by the "It's a Swamp gas!" crowd, followed by "It's a rock!" crowd, followed by "It's a drone" crowd, followed by "It's space junk!" crowd, followed by "It's a satellite!" crowd, followed by "It's a lint in the camera" crowd...

The ultimate crowd: It's cosmic ray!

Time goes by, but the "bunch" it's the same...

edit on 17-4-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Keep going Arken there are members who appreciate your unbias approach to the exploration of Mars. Who really knows what is the reason for that light. The debunkers are happy with the theory of relativity preventing aliens being in our neighbourhood. A Alien race a million years more advanced may beg to differ with the debunkers.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Hi there Athlon, thanks for your kind words.

I accept and respect their skeptic opinions that are firmly anchored on what the ultimate science theories say, but what I find terrifyng is that their beliefs are anchored on... quicksands. They are moving rapidly under their feet....

We see any day that many theories till yesterday were absolute scientific truth, and today are only a bad attempt to explain the unexplicable.

I think that the new motto in the scientific comunity should not be "Cogito ergo sum" but "Dubito ergo sum"

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Yep it astonishes me when people claim to know what it is.its not that cut and dry. As if an official explanation is that easy , arm chair experts will decide then end if discussion . I don't know why it is alien or UFO related though. But it could be something and or probably something that is yet to be discovered wether it is a natural occurring phenomena or of intelligent design. Can't say what it is, but cosmic strikes is something new. Because if you can't explain something invent a phenomena. Like that damn swamp gas , it's everywhere. Like moon pidgins.

edit on 17-4-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I would imagine that "an alien race a million years more advanced" might have figured out better ways of announcing its presence than hiding behind rocks on Mars shining flashlights at unmanned rovers.

As I said, the only reason we have rovers up on Mars in the first place is because we have, thankfully, moved on from the days of faith, belief and superstition, and into an age of science, experiment and verification.

Unfortunately, in the past few decades there seems to be a growing faction that seeks to discredit science and take us back to the dark days of uninformed belief and speculation.

I would love to see proof of life beyond the Earth. It would be the biggest discovery in history, IMHO. And I'm pretty sure there is plenty of other life out there in the universe. Simple maths strongly suggests it. But so far there is no evidence.

And a few white pixels on a Mars rover camera really aren't proof of anything.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

"An alien race a million years more advanced" still have children, and I am sure they like to screw around just like ours do

I am pretty sure that was what the god of the old testament was, an alien kid screwing around, it's parents found out and dragged him back home and grounded the punk. Hence the disappearance act.
edit on Thu, 17 Apr 2014 06:51:21 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It could be anything. Anything is possible, it would be very hasty and brash to jump to any form of conclusion at this moment. We'll have to wait and see.

But this is the second light source sighted on Mars in a month... and as far as we know nothing like this has ever been seen before, but then again there is very, very little we know about Mars.

Could be anything. That in and of itself is exhilarating.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

I would imagine that "an alien race a million years more advanced" might have figured out better ways of announcing its presence than hiding behind rocks on Mars shining flashlights at unmanned rovers.

Imagining what Aliens a million years in advancement of us, is foolish ideas for comforting the ego of an ant.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Since everybody and their dog are speculating and chucking their theories around...i'm saying silicates layered and sandwiched between conductive and non conductive minerals, are acting as an 'earth (Mars) capacitor'.

It's charged up gradually, by thermal or perhaps tectonic forces, creating an expansion and contraction of the silicates and layers, causing a piezoelectric effect by micro-motion, the layers storing charge until a tipping point is reached and a discharge occurs, causing brief arc light flare.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
NASA does release photos with questionable stuff in them so that in the end, when alien tech cannot be hid anymore, they can say that they released them, they just didn't comment on them. NASA is controlled by a bunch of childish loons who think that they're special, and that no one else could handle knowing the truth. Such idiocy.

As far as the photo goes, I don't know what it could be. Odd that it isn't in both pic's. I would be the last one to ever side with the 'cosmic ray' crowd. I think far more interesting photos have been released by NASA than this one.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

raymundoko
reply to post by carl6405

If someone has a stupid and preposterous idea doesn't that make it a stupid and preposterous idea?

Could it be reflection of sunlight off the Mars Orbiter? It has been taking pictures of the Mars rovers.

www.dailymail.co.uk... html

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This must be a joke... Please say its a joke

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join