It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police are Testing a "Live Google Earth" to Watch Crime as it Happens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Good thing Kristen Stewart will be in the new "1984" movie. You can tell they're going to make a real political statement against big brother and tyranny. /sarcasm

Kristen Stewart in 1984 remake

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

BrianFlanders
Sometimes I really hope I'm just being overly paranoid when I say this kind of thing was not only inevitable but absolutely cannot (and could not ever) be prevented.

...and there's more on the way. Humans can't help themselves.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

jessejamesxx
Good thing Kristen Stewart will be in the new "1984" movie. You can tell they're going to make a real political statement against big brother and tyranny. /sarcasm

We don't need 1984 as a sci-fi movie because so much more than it is already reality.

1984 is lame compared to what the Google-NSA-LEO complex have in store for us.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

jed001

which country is it still alive in ??

They say some privacy is still left in the caves of Greenland. But the moment you leave the cave, satellites can spot you.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It will not surprise me if the NSA or other secretive government organisation has already the technology to record and playback what is happening in certain parts on the surface of the earth with an acceptable resolution.

If so..(or if not, in the future)... I am very curious about these mysterious missing persons cases David Paulides is talking about. Would it not be something to rewind the tape and see to where or how people got missing...

ATS members who do not know what I am talking about listen to this..

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Skyfloating
"Total Peace through total Surveillance" was the dream of every tyrant and dictator in History. Enabled by the docile populace who prefers "total security" to freedom.

Like neighborhood watch groups in China. But Americhina has become high tech.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
When that video ended, the guy probably switched it back to SuperHD Surveillance mode.
edit on 17-4-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

...and there's more on the way. Humans can't help themselves.

I wonder now, what they were really up to all those years with NASA. I kind of doubt the feel good exploration story now that they are showing their true colors in so many ways . Considering the things they have going on with drones inside the atmosphere, imagine what they have going on in orbit.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
reply to post by Skyfloating

The problem is, this isn't new. It isn't "just starting". It's been going on for a while now. Except, it was on the the NSA/CIA who had the Satellite time. Now, it's going to be opened up to local LEO.

Snowden was trying to warn everyone, but he was a day late and a dollar short.

What purpose would a huge, Government owned server farm in Utah have?

The difference is that in the past, the CIA would get satellite image downloaded in a couple of hours, sent over to some analysts which might take a couple of days, and they'd send the report back to whoever needed it. Problem with satellites was that there was so few of them, they had to be allocated to different tasks according to priority.

So the solution is to have high altitude blimps tethered somewhere along with a whole array of cameras providing a 360x180 view of the ground. Systems like GorgonStare and DARPA's Argus.

This link describes something like Skynet

www.globalsecurity.org...

This link has a example image 5000x4000 pixels.

www.aviationweek.com... st%3A881370e5-a10f-46be-bab0-bf60fa08b425

Now imagine if the whole country could be covered by systems like these that could cover a radius of 50 miles. Only a few hundred would be required to cover the whole of the USA.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

I wonder now, what they were really up to all those years with NASA. I kind of doubt the feel good exploration story now that they are showing their true colors in so many ways . Considering the things they have going on with drones inside the atmosphere, imagine what they have going on in orbit.

The people who invented the NSA also invented the Internet.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

1984?

I call it "the window"

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jackj
Well, notice they said "watch", not "stop" or "prevent". Nothing can prevent crimes from happening

How can you be so sure? What do you base your assertion on?

Are you saying the Divine Creator is not omnipotent?

Have you truly exhausted all possibilities, or do you just like throwing blanket statements around without thinking?

There are things that can prevent crimes from happening, and it should be childishly easy to figure it out.

Not all those things are desirable, perhaps, but they exist nevertheless. Let me list some that I can come up with right now, without any research or looking at my old notes or anything. (And please remember that I am not the brightest bulb in the box, or even outside the box)

1) Developing the human soul and understanding (not the legal definition of the word though!), plus spreading truth and information about how things really are. When humans are cultivated and spiritually evolved enough, their morality will not allow them to commit any crimes.

2) Making 'crime' lawful

(this could happen, but it would take a really long time, because the LAW is based on precedent cases over thousands of years (or so), and is also loosely based on the ten commandments - it's the 'generally accepted behaviour norms' of the planet. "Legal System" is another matter altogether, and it's only crime to break the rules of that system if you have specifically consented to being governed by it (and you haven't claimed your rights and thus freed yourself from this falsely (and with malice of forethought) imposed bond) -- LAW changes very slowly because of what it is, but 'legal system' probably changes every day or at least every month.)

Of course, there are many variations of this. It's a ludicrous and somewhat oxymoronic thought of course, to make 'crime' 'lawful' - but if we talk about doing 'crimes' against 'legal systems', they are perfectly lawful (because they are not really crimes to begin with, except in certain conditions, as mentioned). Still, with long enough a timeline, you could basically abolish all laws (after all, law IS a human-made thing, albeit a very deeply rooted and historic one), even if you can't erase human rights (which no human can ever do - but as everyone has an unlimited right to contract, it means that a human being can deny himself/herself the ability to USE these rights, if they wish).

3) Force people to live in such tight system that all crime becomes impossible

4) Use psychics and remote viewing in a systematic, wide-scale way, to know exactly when someone even thinks of committing a crime, and then 'persuade' them out of it (or murder them - hey, this post is not about what's right, it's about what's possible)

5) Reduce the number of people to a controllable amount.

This means, you can control what kind of people you let live in a certain community. No 'criminal element' is accepted, and so on. With a bit of esoteric knowledge, you could even prevent 'criminal souls' from being incarnated in a certain area. If you have only ten people on the planet, and you know each individual very well, and know they would never commit a crime, that would pretty much guarantee there wouldn't be any crime. Now, the same principle can be used for a larger amount of people just as easily.

6) Make the world so good, that no one would ever see, feel or hear any need to commit a crime

This requires no explanation - if everyone had everything they could ever want, for free, and they could help everyone in any way they want to, everyone could feel important and do work that matters, and thus the joy of work would be brought back, but there would be absolutely no need to steal anything, because you could have it anyway for free. There would be no need to mug anyone, there wouldn't be jealousy because the neighbourg has a bigger home entertainment kit.. um.. set? Theater? If every necessity of life and even a lot of the luxuries were freely and easily available for everyone, the motive for crime would plummet. Why would you beat up anyone, if you have all the same luxuries as him? Why would you steal, if you can have the same object for yourself? Why would you create fraud or .. well, you get the idea.

These are just 'from the top of my head', so to say. I am sure that by sitting to really think about this, reading my old notes and researching, I could come up with more. But I don't want to rob you, dear reader, from the excitement of the discovery when you realize you can think up more plausible ways of preventing crime.

There are more, I assure you.. but this should convince you that your statement is utterly wrong, unless you'd like to refine it, of course.

P.S. I am still coming up with more, and am right now at the number 12. So something's gotta be done about your statement!
edit on 25-4-2014 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
There is always the bipolar law in action. One creates obstacle, another finds a way over it. History proves this. Yet, the ante is up with the technology and those who want to overcome the obstacle of the day should use the same means of technology to do so, otherwise the game gets handicapped.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

People will love this.

People already love reality shows. They can make it into a new TV show, similar to the show "Cops".

As long as they aren't the unlucky ones getting caught, this could be a popular show for entertainment.

As advances in technology happens, the better it gets the worse it gets.
It can save lives but it can also create the largest wars.
It can help to protect people but it can also help to enslave people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join