It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police are Testing a "Live Google Earth" to Watch Crime as it Happens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

tvtexan
So what do they do if its cloudy or raining hard?

Watch reruns?

Flir?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by Xcathdra

You know, I get really tired of hearing that stupid line as a justification of a survielance state. "You have no expectation of privacy in public", is a huge leap from we have the right to videotape your every move in public.

This "you have no expectation of privacy" is a fairly recent meme that has been "planted" into the mainstream. But even people around here already parroting it like its gospel. Maybe they think it sounds smart, but its just stupid. I do have the expectation that my every move in the world cannot be recorded back to the beginning of surveillance-state. When I am 80 years old I have the expectation that they won't say "OK, now let's check on Google where this guy has been, who he has visited, what books he bought, what websites he stayed on the longest, what he eats, etc."

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Acousticsasylum

And they can't find a 777. Haha

There are satellites up there who have been monitoring earth in real time for decades now. Of course they could backtrack and find the missing plane. Or maybe they don't want to publicly admit that they can do that so they don't offer it in the search.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Jennyfrenzy
"Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Benjamin Franklin

Reminds me of one of those mafia "protection" rackets. "We protect you, you have security...but you also do what we tell you to...or else!"

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

tvtexan
So what do they do if its cloudy or raining hard?

Watch reruns?

When its cloudy they have to go through the hassle of hacking into peoples Google Glasses to get a view of things.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Of course Google bought the biggest military robotics maker because they could foresee this and would probably love to get in on the action of cooperating with local LEOs (after already enthusiastically having cooperated with the NSA).

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Skyfloating

Acousticsasylum

And they can't find a 777. Haha

There are satellites up there who have been monitoring earth in real time for decades now. Of course they could backtrack and find the missing plane. Or maybe they don't want to publicly admit that they can do that so they don't offer it in the search.

They wouldn't have to explain how the came to the place it is, just put it down to intel or say some vessel happened to
spot it.
If they have it they would use it and show how good they are etc.
Heroes of the world.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I was thinking about this yesterday with the Bundy ranch issue. I was wondering if "real time" google image is the same as live and do we the public have access to it? I thought if you paid for it, you could have live images? If we had access to this new version in the op, maybe it wouldn't be so bad? What's good for the authorities is good for the public kind of thing.

I suspect we may be approaching a time similar to the alternate reality in the Fringe series, where there were surveillance blimps constantly hovering over the city. But, if the satellites can do what a blimp may do, maybe not...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Skyfloating

Predictably, the mixture of Surveillance Satellites, Public Cameras, Google Street View and Google Earth is turning into a real-time Super-Big-Brother Police State.

And just as predictably, all those jerks who said it would never come to this or that people were just paranoid will either have nothing to say or they will just continue to make excuses for it.

Either way, you're absolutely right that it was 100% predictable all along. It was 100% predictable even in Orwell's day. Maybe he didn't exactly predict precisely what the technology would be like but anyone who ever knew anything about human nature could have easily guessed that whenever the technology made it possible, it was just a matter of time.

After all, how long did it take when we developed the technology that made WW1 and 2 possible before it actually happened? The only thing that stopped it from happening 100 years earlier was the primitive state of technology at the time.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

speculativeoptimist
I was thinking about this yesterday with the Bundy ranch issue. I was wondering if "real time" google image is the same as live and do we the public have access to it? I thought if you paid for it, you could have live images? If we had access to this new version in the op, maybe it wouldn't be so bad? What's good for the authorities is good for the public kind of thing.

I don't know. We could turn into a society of peeping toms, stalkers and paparazzi.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

BrianFlanders

And just as predictably, all those jerks who said it would never come to this or that people were just paranoid will either have nothing to say or they will just continue to make excuses for it.

Its just that a lot of people do not read sci-fi, do not read history, do not read much of anything beyond a tweet or forum post, so they're bound to be oblivious.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
New related thread: Google buys Drone Maker.

They're really speeding things along now.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Taggart

You might be right about that. Maybe we are overestimating their current abilities. But give it 50 years and nothing will go unseen.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Skyfloating
reply to post by Taggart

You might be right about that. Maybe we are overestimating their current abilities. But give it 50 years and nothing will go unseen.

I 100% agree, hell even thoughts.. The war had started

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well, notice they said "watch", not "stop" or "prevent". Nothing can prevent crimes from happening (though it's down about 50%!). This is to catch non-violent "offenders", who are placid and peaceful. The violent ones they let out early to commit more mayhem, murder and rape. Then society pleads for more "order", which they are happy to provide.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
so then this begs the question if this is what is being made public what technology do they really have for surveillance that they are not telling us about ?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
So the ability to watch a criminal act in real time prevents crime how? Seems it's just a way to shine the law enforcement turd with technology. We can't stop the crime from happening or protect you from it but now we can watch youre rape/beating/mugging live!

Yeah well .... wake me when they start observing & prosecuting criminal conduct by "law" enforcement, the politicos, the corps and the central banksters.

We could solve most crime by removing the heads of the criminal trash in those groups.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
If there is any surveillance we need, it is in government buildings and politicians offices, full f# stop.
Those dogs become wolves should fear the sheep they were made staff to serve and protect.

The most disgusting thing, and I'm admittedly part of the disgust-ion, is that we don't do enough to contest.
We bend easier than a green shoot and take the prison gang in the back alley, again and again.

Everything, from top to bottom is a mess. The populace is addicted to a pseudo lifestyle, an incompatible lifestyle (to/with Earth), spoon-fed, dollar-bred, brain-dead, we need to start acting sharp and harp on about truth and spook the idiocratic kooks who, not 'can't', but won't see beneath the puke, the wretched, fetid, manufactured pyramid that looms, a deth-knell, a selfish tune, that couldn't give a (HOOT) about you... they are us and we're inhaling our own fumes... time to reclaim our flame.

But I'm serious you guys; why don't we demand surveillance where our taxes are spent? I mean, if privacy is obviously out the window, what are our tax paid servants excuse for hiding from the public? Oh, right, to protect us... wonder if they'd like the other leg, too.

...and what's up with the big ol' 'G', Google? Good guys 'ey? assimilate! assimilate!

I'm rather dissatisfied with a large group of humans, I feel we should break up, and it's really not me, it's them.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sometimes I really hope I'm just being overly paranoid when I say this kind of thing was not only inevitable but absolutely cannot (and could not ever) be prevented.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Expat888
Gives the police something to do at the donut shop when theyre not beating innocent citizens or shooting peoples pets.. privacy is dead in western countries these days ..

which country is it still alive in ??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join