It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police are Testing a "Live Google Earth" to Watch Crime as it Happens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I think the gov has been watching for a long time.

I KNOW the corporations have been watching - and pooling their footage and tracking info. fyi - Economic control is way tighter and cruel than other methods.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

That is the problem, this should never be allowed on free countries, this is population control under the umbrella of for you good, the nation and the littler children, we are indeed been ruled by a corporate dictatorship that their primary goal is not safety and security, but profits and control, the rest is a the propaganda scheme to make it all sound good and acceptable you want it or not.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

jjkenobi
So out of curiosity, what does total surveillance in and of itself pose as a risk? You have to add things to it to make it harmful no? Like if they decided to alter the videos for whatever reason to make it look like you committed a crime? Or if sometime down the road IF they make certain strange things illegal like going to church or mosque? Just the surveillance piece by itself doesn't really bother me. I would feel safer to tell you the truth... mainly because I don't commit crimes and it would protect me against those who do.

Let me ask -

While you have no expectation of privacy in public, what happens when surveillance, at the right angle, can see inside a window in your house? Or business?

This has been an ongoing issue in London where their camera systems have been able to se4e inside windows.

I think proper legislation could dissuade misuse while putting civilians at ease. The other possibility would be to allow the system to be viewed by anyone, law enforcement, civilian....

The issue there might be based on national security grounds...

What's a happy median?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
A cool thing about this capability , the upcoming google glass type tech , and bionic implants, would be for future civilizations to observe the past and history.

Imagine had our early ancestors had this, researching family genealogy, even your own life.

Then after 2 life spans everyone would be given access to jump from video to video.

Not advocating this capability but it definitely has some potentials as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

interupt42
A cool thing about this capability , the upcoming google glass type tech , and bionic implants, would be for future civilizations to observe the past and history.

Glass without the glasses: Google patents smart contact lens system with a CAMERA built in

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

soficrow

The support/rely on vigilante thing or what?

The idea that its good to monitor everything.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Whats that line???

bla bla security bla bla freedom bla bla nethier bla bla both...

ya that..

Ironic, even a tin foil hat wearing guy sick of being right once in a while.. this is one of them onces....

Oh well, Where does it say the land of the free home of the brave at?? They were referring to the US right? Cause last i check that ship sailed along time ago and all people did was watch football and drink beer.. I am putting the blame on other people why tf didnt I do anything.. I got off my ass and protested with my limited ability to use free speech, petition the government and peaceful assembly.. I can honestly say I tried....

Damn lazy people, damn tv, damn it all damn it all to hell..

Interesting what one comes up with when they dont sleep...
edit on 4/15/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

jjkenobi
So out of curiosity, what does total surveillance in and of itself pose as a risk? You have to add things to it to make it harmful no? Like if they decided to alter the videos for whatever reason to make it look like you committed a crime? Or if sometime down the road IF they make certain strange things illegal like going to church or mosque? Just the surveillance piece by itself doesn't really bother me. I would feel safer to tell you the truth... mainly because I don't commit crimes and it would protect me against those who do.

If it doesn't bother you...what were to happen if this technology got into the hands of the next Hitler or Stalin?

You don't think there will be a next one of those? Of course there will. History repeats itself.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

interupt42

Imagine had our early ancestors had this, researching family genealogy, even your own life.

Then after 2 life spans everyone would be given access to jump from video to video.

Not advocating this capability but it definitely has some potentials as well.

Well...that would be one bright side of it, wouldnt it? Interesting. Hadnt thought of that. "How did this giant building come to be?" "Well, lets look at what Google recorded at that point in time".

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This reminds me of a discussion I had with a lady at an airport before our daily grope from TSA. She said she feels so much safer now that we are screened and checked. I told her, how many freedoms is it worth giving up for the illusion of safety? The fact that 5 people armed with box cutters hijacked planes full of 100's of people is embarrassing.

I despise big brother, nanny state, or anything else that restricts or hampers freedoms. There has to be a line somewhere. Where is it?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

tnhiker
This reminds me of a discussion I had with a lady at an airport before our daily grope from TSA. She said she feels so much safer now that we are screened and checked. I told her, how many freedoms is it worth giving up for the illusion of safety? The fact that 5 people armed with box cutters hijacked planes full of 100's of people is embarrassing.

I despise big brother, nanny state, or anything else that restricts or hampers freedoms. There has to be a line somewhere. Where is it?

If you consider that they often fail to do security checks on the airplane clean-up-crew, the entire security is a farce. There is no such thing as "total security" except in the minds of totalitarians.

I don't require "total security", life is risky. I`d prefer some freedom.

Where is the line drawn? Totalitarians arent happy until everything is under complete control (which is never).
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
with the google glasses going on sale online today there will also be plenty of eyes on the ground too.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Skyfloating

soficrow

Person of Interest.

I quit watching after a few episodes because of the underlying message.

Yes you are right, i stopped watching it also after 2 or 3 episodes. We are going to loose all of our privacy. Scary thought, good luck to the world.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

And they can't find a 777. Haha

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

What a bunch of Gl@ssholes, lol.

Also I'm sure one of the benefits of all this surveillance will be that ALL our insurance rates will be coming down right , since fraud will be decreased. /Sarcasm

edit on 45430America/ChicagoTue, 15 Apr 2014 12:45:33 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

"Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Benjamin Franklin

I do not like this at all, is it really that bad in the US where the TPTB have to spy upon simply going about our daily activities?

This scares me.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

That quote says it all. Doesn't get any clearer than that. Good post Jenny.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You know, I get really tired of hearing that stupid line as a justification of a survielance state. "You have no expectation of privacy in public", is a huge leap to we have the right to videotape your every move in public.
edit on Tue, 15 Apr 2014 14:18:21 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

When out and about in public I have no expectation of privacy. Places like the bank, grocery store, department stores etc, typically have video cameras and are recording for security measures.

However, when I'm sitting in my backyard minding my own business, I do have an expectation of privacy.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So what do they do if its cloudy or raining hard?

Watch reruns?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join