It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reoccurring dream of endless teeth shattering out of my mouth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Phage
I had teeth falling out dreams when I was I kid. My mom said I was a tooth grinder when sleeping.
I think there may be a connection.

True but there are are levels to this dream I didn't want to post, basically dreams analysis is common sense

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
When I have the universal 'teeth falling out of head' dream, they are usually falling out because my gums unravel like string that I"m pulling out in the dream (not in reality).. kind of like your wax dream. Funny how we are all unique individuals but lots of us end up having the same kinds of dreams.

edit on 4/15/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I always have these dreams. I'll be in the dream and realise my teeth are breaking apart or they will begin to crumble or something like that and in my dream I will remember 'I have dreamt this before'. When I remember that (in my dream) I will begin to say to myself 'omg this is true it is actually happening and that wasn't a dream!'. But then I'll wake up and realise it wasn't actually happening- even though it felt like real life and I was reflecting on a dream.

I had braces for ages as a kid and teeth were perfect but now my wisdom teeth have started coming through and because I'm 24 and not living at home I really can't ask my parents to cover the cost of removal. My mum will be devastated when she finds out my teeth are shifting after paying close to 7K. Ugh.

Teeth dreams are weird. I've always looked into the meaning of my dreams. Interesting that there seem to be a lot of different interpretations out there about it.

Peace, my friend

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Ismail

Dreaming of your own shattered teeth may mean that your subconcious is expressing feelings of lack of control/power over your own existence.

Welcome to the club...

Agree with this. A friend of my husband is a psychologist, and he always said that it isn't the actual dream that you should pay attention to, it is the feeling you are having while in the dream that is important. I've had the "teeth falling out" dream a few times in my life, and the feeling I have while dreaming it has always been sort of a panic, like everything is out of control. I've had other dreams that have a completely different story line, but that same feeling of loss of control is there. I think I am a confirmed control freak.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree, I have always grinded my teeth. Sometimes I think that when I have these dreams I think I was grinding my teeth. Do you find that you still have these dreams? Do you still grind? (Does anyone sleep next to you that would know?)

My partner says I'm always grinding them in my sleep. I hate it, I hate knowing that I'm destroying my teeth without me even knowing!

........... I seriously don't want to wear a mouth guard to bed LOL.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wow this is pretty weird iv been having this dream for the past two years, my teeth crumbling to pieces and I'm physically digging, pulling the remainder of them out, scares the crap out of me.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You might also have apnea if no one has mentioned it and it why you are having freaky dreams especially about your mouth.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Loose: lose words. loose thinking, carelessness of expression,inaccuracies, exaggerations, being loose with the truth.

Losing: losing control of your words, speaking without thinking, meaningless chatter.

Mouth, lips, tongue and teeth relate to words spoken, unless they don't, ha

These lips don't lie
edit on 093030p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The teeth thing could be a sign that you are insecure about your appearance, maybe the wax and the teeth combined indicate that you are insecure about talking to someone you are interested in getting to know romantically because you feel that you are not attractive enough for them?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Good morning ATS. Wow you guys are awesome. Thank you very much for all the feedback thus far. I'd just like to post a broad reply to everyone while I have the chance before work.

Tomorrow on my day off I'm going to try to get back to everybody on all my threads.

Anyway, as has been said, it is so intriguing that this dream and it's interpretations seem universal with some slight variations.

I think at least one key factor in the causation of my reoccurrence of these dreams is the fact that lately at work I've been standing up for myself a lot more, and speaking my mind.

A couple days ago I finally snapped at this dude who is always so negative and disrespectful. I usually just let people like that do their thing so as to avoid confrontation.

It gets to a point where enough is enough and you can't just turn the other cheek and take $h!t all the time.

I think , partially anyway because I have a few different styles of this dream, that my dreams are representing my subconscious ridding itself of pent up anger and emotions that I've been holding in to long.......

There's more to it though, but I gotta go! I'm already gonna be freakin late.......

edit on 15-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

I can't recall the last time I had such a dream and I've had no reports that I still grind my teeth.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I too had the teeth-falling-out dreams a lot in my 20's and early 30's. I was told by someone that it meant I was afraid of success/failure and therefore chose to meander in a job that was beneath me instead of striving for what I really wanted. Maybe that was true but I've now done the job for so long and have found happiness doing it and no longer consider it beneath me. And I haven't had the dream in a long time. Maybe accepting where and who you are in life rather than beating yourself up over not having a more meaningful existence helps to end the constant recurrence of the dream?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Cool. I had dreams about a few teeth falling out a couple of years ago and never understood what they meant. Thank you all for your interpretations.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

abeverage
You might also have apnea if no one has mentioned it and it why you are having freaky dreams especially about your mouth.

As my wife puts it I "snore like a mofo"', so mabye!

My defense is I'm 27 years of age, 165 lbs, and 5'10 in height. I'm very active, a seasoned boarder and aspiring fighter.

But she says seemingly healthy people can have sleep apnea.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The losing teeth dream has quite a lot of interpretations, a lot are around the idea of person going through a change or transition and having fears about how they will feel at the end of the transition. Others have suggested it represents a feeling of insecurity or a loss of control in life, given that teeth are seen as relatively secure I suppose. There are also ideas around fears of self-image for more obvious reasons.

Psychoanalysts concentrate more on the relationship of the individual as a child, as teeth falling out is something that all children experience. Perhaps the dream is a reflection of the sub-conscious desire to revert back to the care-free days of being an infant. Again that could be related to a person going through major changes or feeling out of control as people often pine for the easier life during times of stress anyway.

On the other hand, maybe your subconscious is telling you to get a new toothbrush.
edit on 16-4-2014 by twfau because: spelling mistake

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

igloo
Been having a dream of teeth falling out since I was a child. My mom and grandma had the same dream too. What a weird coincidence that the op and others have similar dreams.

In my recurrent dreams it always starts as a loose tooth that upon wiggling, comes out. Then I notice they are all loose and they start dropping out only to be replaced by more and more rows of teeth that eject out as soon as they come in. Until I am choking on them and have to awaken myself in order to survive.

I assumed, in my case, it was because my dad was a dentist but maybe there is a more universal meaning. Can't wait to hear other stories.

Why is that weird....? I had them too... My gf had them too. Sleep and dreams are the brains primary tool to handling stuff you are suppressingin your daily life and nine times out of ten represent daily good and bad dicisions.

Theres nothing magical or mystical about that dream. In short... What you are doing in life right now doesnt sit right with your ambitions or beliefs. Just by saying that you probably know yourself what Im talking about. If you dont you are still in denial....

Its not uncommon for young people to have these types of dreams because you might be in an education you are in doubts of... Maybe because you felt pressured to study something based on what you think others want from you than what you want from yourself. Maybe your boss is taking all dicision making away from you... You are working too.much and feel you dont have time for your own life.

The only kinds of predictions you can make from dreams is about right here and right now... Fix your life.
edit on 16/4/14 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

GoShredAK

abeverage

As my wife puts it I "snore like a mofo"', so mabye!

My defense is I'm 27 years of age, 165 lbs, and 5'10 in height. I'm very active, a seasoned boarder and aspiring fighter.

But she says seemingly healthy people can have sleep apnea.

Then she doesnt know what shes talking about.... Sleep apnea is. Serious thing. I suffer from it....
I was meassured to having stop breathing 28 times during the test night. Now thats ok bad....

But while it might seem not too bad think about what it does.... You stop breathing. All bodily functions need oxygen to work properly. When you stop breathing you desaturate your blood and starve your body. In desperation your body wakes you up for a few seconds to compensate.
This removes you from your deep sleep.......... You need 6 hours of deep sleep to reset your body during the night.

If I wake 28 times during one night, how many hours of deep sleep do think Id get :-(
And how well do you think my brain and body works. Its no wonder apnea is associated with cardiovascular diseases and depression.

Luckily for me my treatment was free due to the Danish healthcare system.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by awakendhybrid

your choice will be a compromise that causes difficulties in your life

Wow that's pretty surreal.

I have literally done just that. Made a compromise that causes difficulties in my life.

And the dreams line up perfectly. I had them a few days before this decision/comprimise presented itself in reality.

Either crazy coincidence, or you're on to something

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Since as far back as i can recall, perhaps since i was around three years old, i have had a reoccurring dream of all my teeth becoming loose, crumbling and i realize i have a mouth full of teeth.

I am sure my nan told me whilst tiny that this dream indicated that one day i would be rich. whatever its means/meant, I too am a tooth grinder, someone else mentioned this earlier in the thread.

I have recently been informed that grinding teeth in your sleep can be a symptom of ASD, perhaps i should google that, as i have not thought to check it out.

Its interesting to hear that this dream is not uncommon, there are a few other dreams that many people seem to experience in their life time, for instance being naked in a public place.

what i find most interesting about the tooth dream, is about four years ago, I woke to find two of my teeth had crumbled the tops away while sleeping, so as i woke I felt as if i was back in my nightmare. That caused me to ask the question "how did i know exactly how crumbling teeth would feel in my mouth?" The experience felt and tasted exactly the same as it did at 3 years old in a dream. Just in case anyone asks, I didn't need or have my first filling until i was in my 40's.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

double post, apologies
edit on 21/03/2011 by eccentriclady because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join