It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reoccurring dream of endless teeth shattering out of my mouth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Are you a smoker? Smokers tend to grind their teeth or bite hard in their sleep. (well, we're all prone to, but smoking and caffeine are two exacerbating causes...)

Also, it could be that you have a dry throat... maybe you sleep with your mouth open, or battle breathing through your nose.

I had a dream of puking and my teeth coming out... woke up with the driest mouth ever. Also happened another time and in the dream I was puking cooked spaghetti, which changed to puking the entrails of a Hadeda Ibis (large bird). It was a lovely dream. (I've also had a few 'losing teeth' dreams, not the most pleasant hey.)

Anyhow, it could just be something physiological influencing dream-time. who knows

I place as much faith in dream interpretation as in astrological horoscopes... I don't have a problem with either, just that they hold as much value as what's read into it and with what's taken out of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Ah...Bizarre..so its not just me then

Ive had similar ugly dreams like that, either for some strange reason my teeth lock together (generally at the front) and I have to pull them apart which results in their destruction, or I get a impulse to bite them together till they break... Ive had a good number of these dreams over the years.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

G0v0D47

igloo
Been having a dream of teeth falling out since I was a child. My mom and grandma had the same dream too. What a weird coincidence that the op and others have similar dreams.

In my recurrent dreams it always starts as a loose tooth that upon wiggling, comes out. Then I notice they are all loose and they start dropping out only to be replaced by more and more rows of teeth that eject out as soon as they come in. Until I am choking on them and have to awaken myself in order to survive.

I assumed, in my case, it was because my dad was a dentist but maybe there is a more universal meaning. Can't wait to hear other stories.

Hope u dont drink flouride water lol

Oh by all means let's bring a conspiracy theory into the mix. Why not. Shakes head.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

nonconformist

I have had this dream before as well ,it scares me because all the sources I have checked out out say that a loved one is trying to kill you.

Really ? How dumb is that huh? You don't believe that do you? Falling teeth is a very very common dream. Like the naked in a public place dream or the I can't find a clean bathroom dream. Does everyone have a person in their life who wants to kill them? I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

GoShredAK

abeverage
You might also have apnea if no one has mentioned it and it why you are having freaky dreams especially about your mouth.

As my wife puts it I "snore like a mofo"', so mabye!

My defense is I'm 27 years of age, 165 lbs, and 5'10 in height. I'm very active, a seasoned boarder and aspiring fighter.

But she says seemingly healthy people can have sleep apnea.

The shape of your throat and nose can determine if you have troubles breathing, also things like allergies or your adenoids/Tonsils can affect it as well. Not always is weight an issue with sleeping apnea.

But often people with apnea will snore and have nightmares because your body is trying to tell you that you are not sleeping properly. Dreams of Puking or choking or drowning or problems with your mouth then waking with a dry mouth are signs you are breathing through your mouth too much and having some sort of blockage.

Try a different pillow or sleep on your side if it worsens see a doctor and find out the root cause and what you can do to help it!

I suffered with it for years and finally had my tonsils out, I sleep better not perfectly but a much better than I was!
edit on 16-4-2014 by abeverage because: of getting good sleep...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

I was puking cooked spaghetti, which changed to puking the entrails of a Hadeda Ibis (large bird). It was a lovely dream.

My god......that really doesn't very pleasant at all

I don't Smoke cigarettes or Any other nasty substance.

I do tend to clench jaw throughout the day if I get tense or anxious and that may carry over into my sleep.
edit on 16-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

abeverage

GoShredAK

abeverage
You might also have apnea if no one has mentioned it and it why you are having freaky dreams especially about your mouth.

As my wife puts it I "snore like a mofo"', so mabye!

My defense is I'm 27 years of age, 165 lbs, and 5'10 in height. I'm very active, a seasoned boarder and aspiring fighter.

But she says seemingly healthy people can have sleep apnea.

The shape of your throat and nose can determine if you have troubles breathing, also things like allergies or your adenoids/Tonsils can affect it as well. Not always is weight an issue with sleeping apnea.

But often people with apnea will snore and have nightmares because your body is trying to tell you that you are not sleeping properly. Dreams of Puking or choking or drowning or problems with your mouth then waking with a dry mouth are signs you are breathing through your mouth too much and having some sort of blockage.

Try a different pillow or sleep on your side if it worsens see a doctor and find out the root cause and what you can do to help it!

I suffered with it for years and finally had my tonsils out, I sleep better not perfectly but a much better than I was!
edit on 16-4-2014 by abeverage because: of getting good sleep...

I think I may be a bit of a mouth breather
unfortunately, and especially in sleep. So this all makes pretty good sense.

I don't ever want to have my tonsils or anything removed from my body. It just freaks me out.

Hmmmm........... It seems like I'm experiencing everything that could cause these dreams. Everything from possible apnea, to life changes, I'm there.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Good luck! Try some different things and most of all Remain Calm LOL!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zeevar

a impulse to bite them together till they break

That's sounds just like my last "teeth falling out dream"

It felt like teeth were just getting in the way and I could not stop biting down on them. Even though I knew they were about to break and I wanted to stop I just couldn't resist the urge to bite down. Then sure enough they started to shatter and fall out of my gums. Then I had to keep spitting my teeth out so I wouldn't choke on them. I usually love my dreams, especially the freaky and intense ones. But that dream sucks.
edit on 16-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

Represents the words you speak, and how they affect you and those around you.

The teeth dreams, or the endless waxy gunk dreams? Or both?

The thing is I'm generally a nice person who doesn't talk very much. I try really hard not to offend people, and I'm always mindful of others feelings and vibes. I will act in ways to spare other people embarrassment when they do something stupid or incorrect.

So I'm having a hard time pinpointing a way my words have had such an effect on myself and possibly others.

Mabye, as I think I wrote earlier, it's because lately I've actually stopped being like that just a little bit.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

You might feel that you are suffocating in life.. or you aren't able to speak out about something.
I have the broken teeth falling out dream a lot. I think it symbolizes a feel of being out of control or things are falling apart.
I've read it may mean some kind of rebirth, but I don't think so with the dreams I have. They are always vivid and I wake up checking on my teeth and being glad they are still there.

For sure there is something here.

I have gone through a hardcore marital struggle, And still have quite a bit of lingering trust issues, and well, all kinds of emotional issues really. (not complaining, it's tough everywhere for everyone)

So I can absolutely see how that can manifest into a suffocating/loss of control themed dream.

And I LOVE the thought of a sort of rebirth. I've been trying to spiritually re-birth myself for awhile now
sometimes I think it's working.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

G0v0D47

maybe a dumb ? but why are u jsut now bringing it to the table>?

Just now, because only recently the dreams have started reoccurring for me

It seems it's a universal dream that many people have experienced over time so why not bring it to the table?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by igloo

Then I notice they are all loose and they start dropping out only to be replaced by more and more rows of teeth that eject out as soon as they come in. Until I am choking on them and have to awaken myself in order to survive

I like how you worded this, I think you would still survive if the dream kept rolling on
well I think so anyway. I still haven't got the ability to realize I'm dreaming and wake myself. so mabye one of these times I'll get stuck and be forced to find out what happens if you don't wake up.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Gunk

do you have a partial ?

edit on 113030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

www.experienceproject.com...

Apparently it's another dream a lot of people have and it comes with some interesting interpretations.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Also, a lot of the time I dream I have this endless substance that's like super glue or wax that I'm constantly pulling out of my mouth so I don't suffocate.

I've had dreams of teeth falling out too... and I've also dreamed of the glue/wax. If remember correctly, I was going through stressful times in real life when those dreams occured. Op, was that the case with you?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

Definitely, very much so.

I'm blessed in life, but there have still been some seriously stressful times lately.

I believe there is a connection.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This happened to me--the whole teeth shattering in my mouth, I tried to bite into a beer bottle but the beer bottle won. It wasnt good.

Before anyone asks why I was tying to bite into a bee bottle, I was on lots of terms and conditions violations as well as being drunk

This dream means you should stay away from cheap beer and never use terms and conditions violations

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Number six on the list. Check it out, lol.

listverse.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lorienth
Number six on the list. Check it out, lol.

listverse.com...

Well that was fun. A good morning read.

Perfect way to start the day, let's fuel my hypochondria.

From your link:

In 1936, Joyce Merrick was eating lunch at a diner when she bit down on something hard. It turned out to be a tooth. Touching her mouth to find which one was missing, she discovered that all of her teeth felt loose and wobbly. Another one came away in her hand when she touched it. In the space of about five minutes, all but two of her remaining teeth had fallen out.

Doctors determined that the nerves inside her teeth had all died, and blood had ceased flowing to the surrounding tissues, leaving them weak and unstable.What made this case so strange, apart from the rapid onset, is that in the months leading up to it, Merrick had had a series of dreams apparently predicting the event. In some her teeth had felt wobbly, and fallen out in rapid succession, while in others they were incredibly brittle, and crumbled in her mouth.

Since the Merrick case, multiple other victims of sudden onset dental collapse have been studied. All of them reported similar dreams, as well as occasional prickling sensations in their gums. Although not widely understood, the prevailing theory is that, the neurological system being so closely connected, nerve death in the mouth directly impacts the prefrontal cortex (the area of the brain responsible for dreaming). Certainly there is a link between dreams of clumps of hair falling out and late-life thinning hair or baldness in women, also believed to have a neurological cause. (In men, baldness is not considered pathological.)In the early 1980s, victims of sudden onset dental collapse lobbied the US government to fund a public awareness campaign, encouraging those experiencing “teeth falling out” dreams and prickling gums to see their doctor immediately, but as the condition is so rare, it was felt the costs could not be justified.

Thanks for that

just kidding that is very interesting.

It makes me wonder what's going on here, because it's a very common dream and that is a very rare disease.
edit on 20-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join