It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Woman Allegedly Killed 7 Babies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

How could no one notice these babies were missing? Her ex husband found the bodies in the garage and is denying knowledge. She also has 3 older children ages 13-20. Didn't they wonder what happened to the babies? What about the grandparents? How does something like this happen! This is so unbelievably sad. Lock this lady up and throw away the key!

Megan Huntsman, 39, is believed to be the mother of all the dead infants police suspect were killed between 1996 and 2006.

Cops were called to the house Saturday after Huntsman’s ex-husband, Darren West, discovered one of the dead babies while cleaning out the garage of a home where Huntsman previously lived.
Officers searched the garage and found six more babies in cardboard boxes, Roberts said.

Roberts said the ex-husband who is believed to have fathered the slain infants was not a suspect in the infanticide.
“We don’t believe he had any knowledge of the situation,” Roberts said of West.

Asked how it was possible that West did not know about the slain babies, Roberts said, “That’s the million-dollar question. Amazing.”

full article

Just came across another article that states she admits to strangling the infants after they were born.

According to investigators, Huntsman admitted to police that she either suffocated or strangled the babies immediately after they were born.

Link
edit on 14-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: added another source

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting. This is just my opinion and hurt heart talking - but save the 13 year old lock the rest of the entire family up I say. At LEAST until they start talking; there is no way I will buy for a second the ex-husband or at least the 20 year old did not know about this.....7 of your baby siblings go missing and you know nothing? Give me a break - at that age you are as guilty as the mother...I do not see how stuff like this happens yet you can lend your friend a car and be charged with murder while sleeping in your own bed.

America.../rant off

What makes a woman do this? Truly must be a disturbed individual, and the mugshot gave me chills. That look of utter stupidity. Are you kidding me?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lightedhype

Right! Someone in that family must have known something. Where did she give birth and who was with her when she delivered these babies? There has to be more to this story. It sounds like the parents had drug problems.

Sad.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
They gotta blame someone.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Lotta questions this story raises..

Assuming the family didn't have prior knowledge about these murders:
How would she conceal her pregnancies from her family?
How did her family not notice the "smell" in the garage?
How did she give birth to them?

I have a sick feeling they're gonna find more.
The pic of the garage looked fairly clean. I could understand it more if it looked like a Hoarder's garage. But I see Deer antler's and wide open spaces in the garage. Maybe it was completely filled with hoarder crap and the cops had most of it cleared out by then? So sad.

Her eye's scare the #$%@ out of me?? More so than any I can remember..

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyFlatulence

She definitely has a cold look in her eyes. There has to be so much more to this story. What has me wondering is the wording of the article, it specifically mentioned babies. If she were to deliver the babies in a hospital, they'd test her for drugs. Could be she delivered at home to avoid dealing with the consequences, such as CPS removing her 3 older children and taking the baby. And if that's the case would she be able to deliver them alone with no help? Just speculating.

Some people should not have children, this lady is one of them.

Hopefully the jail has her in general population, not in PC.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

She admitted to investigators she strangled them after they were born.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Just noticed and watched the vid clip for the story. More info about story there.

-6 were murdered and were full term infants, 1 was stillborn.
-The husband was in prison for 9 years and just got out and was cleaning house/garage to settle back in. So he had been locked up since 2005?
-Megan Huntsman had been living in another home for several years.
-Neighbors never noticed that she was ever pregnant.
-the basement was finished off and rented out to tenant's who where unaware of anything.
-bad smells may have been coming from the home.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I can't even look at her picture, it just creeps me out. This is such a heartbreaking story. Not a good thing to read while pregnant because now I can't stop crying...

Some women, especially if they are heavyset and/or tall, can hide a pregnancy pretty well. Also if you have a long torso you won't show as much. So, it is possible her husband and children didn't know she was pregnant. Also, it sounds like these babies were the result of affairs (if husband was locked up) so that might part of her twisted motivation to murder them.

It's really hard to comprehend this level of evil.
edit on 14-4-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I......
I don't know what to say....
Every fiber in my being says destroy this fifth and delete this genetic line from existence, but I can't, for their are children who ARE alive and just didn't know any better.

This is truly sad and heartbreaking.

I absolutely love my 1 year old daughter, I was there during birth and saw her come flying out, I KNOW THAT FEELING of joy and happiness to witness such a beautiful event.

For this, "Being" to do this at the babies birth shows that she has no emotion, no humanity, just look at her expression, BLANK, an empty shell....
IMHO, "It" should be purged, not locked up for life, that means our tax money is supporting "it" to live and I don't want anything to do with "it".

Disgusting.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Something seems to be missing.
For a man not to notice that his wife's pregnancy didn't end with a baby- 7 times!- does not compute.
She doesn't appear to be a large enough woman to hide a pregnancy, and nobody noticed anything unusual? SEVEN times

Sick. Just.....sick.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My brain can't even wrap my head around this. I mean how the hell does a woman murder her babies? I mean wow wtf? If there was going to be a crazed shooter looking to kill some people how come it can't happen to people like this lady?

Husband is an obvious loser. Sounds like the whole family is a bunch of losers. They should take her 13 year old away from her. The whole family should go to jail for being so F'ing clueless and stupid. Drugs make people do crazy things.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
No, she doesn't look crazy at all. I might get some backlash for pre-judgement here...but honestly...some people just look crazy, and are crazy. It isn't hard to determine, sometimes. But, again...I know it's bad to do so. However...some people just give you the creeps for a reason.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So,since the father of her other children has been in jail,obviously she kept fooling around,getting pregnant,and murdered the infants to hide it all. Good god. Just when you think you have seen as crazy as it gets,somebody still stoops to a shocking new level.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

This woman looks shell-shocked to me. I can see people not noticing she was pregnant (especially her children) - but somebody had to realize she's crazy!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

her eyes kinda remind me of charles manson...
edit on 14-4-2014 by GreenManXphile because: spelling error

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

that is true. ive met some people like that. i used to have a teacher who always had a expression confusion whenever anyone talked to her. she always looked like she didnt understand what people were saying, plus a dash of whatever someone was saying to her couldnt possibly be happening. it was very strange.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

She does look a little shell shocked, and deeply disturbed.

It's hard to understand how not a single other person knew she was pregnant. I've heard of women not knowing they're pregnant until going in to labor, but happening 7 times with not one other person aware of the pregnancies is bizarre.

I feel sorry for her other children, especially the 13 year old. That's such a hard time in a young lady's life, add this to the mix...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenManXphile

I almost requested that JF put a black bar over her eyes so she wouldn't give me nightmares.
But, that would detract from the thread.
What's the saying? Eyes are the windows to the soul..

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

that is the saying all right. Its interesting how many of us had such a strong negative reaction to her eyes. i think that says something about most people. i wonder if someone who saw the picture before the story would react.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No formal charges have been filed yet but bail has been set at $6 million

PLEASANT GROVE, Utah (AP) — A judge set a $6 million bail for a Utah woman accused of killing six babies that she gave birth to over 10 years. State Judge Steven Hansen in Provo set bail at $1 million for each child when Megan Huntsman appeared via video in a Utah courtroom Monday morning.

Investigators are also trying to determine who the father(s) of the babies are. Medical examiners are testing the babies to determine cause of death and run DNA samples.

Investigators on Monday were still trying to determine if the seven babies had the same father or multiple fathers, Buhman said.

The babies' bodies were sent to the Utah medical examiner's office for tests, including one to determine the cause of death. DNA samples taken from the suspect and her husband will determine definitively whether the two are the parents, as investigators believe.

full article

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join