It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant stone footprint in south Africa (DEBUNK)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

I see, in the light of what is said in the old stories that these beings who were taller came to earth and copulated with humans.

Just a practical question, and one I have had before --

Just how would giants of that size exactly copulate with a normal sized human??

Assuming the giants privates were in proportion to the rest of their size.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Also there is a giant footprint in front of a Buddhist shrine of a giant carving of a Buddha in a mountainside.

That footprint was proven to have been carved.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Antigod

kirass

Antigod

kirass

Antigod
YOU CAN'T LEAVE FOOTPRINTS IN GRANITE.

If granite can be softened, you can .
garry-nelson.hubpages.com...

Interesting page on claimed giants but not relevant to granite at all. AFAIK, there's no way to soften granite.

Also, the 'toeprints' show now wear at all. It's a fake footprint, carved into granite.

I'm wasn't commenting on other claimed finds with this thread. But...

Relevant to the debate about giants: The Romans used to call Celts giants because the average height of Celtic men was almost a foot taller. So back in early human history a within normal range modern height could get you called giant.

I'd also like to add that mammoth bones and auroch bones have been frequently misidentified as giant bones. A lot of these claimed finds turn out to be other animal bones when a proper anthropologist gets to look at them. The elephant skulls they used to find on Cyprus were touted as cyclop skulls in the ancient era.

Stone also flexible and fluid as water. Everything is decided by time. Time is energy, and energy is time.
When gravity was weaker, while the giants lived. Perhaps the earth's rotation was slower, or the Earth has a smaller diameter. Today, only a giraffe reminds us of that time.Sorry for english.

No it isn't. Igneous stone is only flexible when its molten.

Look at this..jast photo
sibved.livejournal.com...
Its mineral form of life.Where 1 year stone life=100 years for mankind.
Possibly, earlier rocks and people lived in harmony of nature, commanding time, turning the clay into different stones densities..It is possible to see various monuments of antiquity
www.google.com... &ei=dZlKU-7nH-Gr4ASWgoHgBQ&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=913
edit on k11Sun, 13 Apr 2014 09:11:47 -0500am4747 by kirass because: (no reason given)

edit on k13Sun, 13 Apr 2014 09:13:49 -0500am4949 by kirass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

kirass

Antigod

kirass

Antigod

kirass

Antigod

Interesting page on claimed giants but not relevant to granite at all. AFAIK, there's no way to soften granite.

Also, the 'toeprints' show now wear at all. It's a fake footprint, carved into granite.

Relevant to the debate about giants: The Romans used to call Celts giants because the average height of Celtic men was almost a foot taller. So back in early human history a within normal range modern height could get you called giant.

I'd also like to add that mammoth bones and auroch bones have been frequently misidentified as giant bones. A lot of these claimed finds turn out to be other animal bones when a proper anthropologist gets to look at them. The elephant skulls they used to find on Cyprus were touted as cyclop skulls in the ancient era.

Stone also flexible and fluid as water. Everything is decided by time. Time is energy, and energy is time.
When gravity was weaker, while the giants lived. Perhaps the earth's rotation was slower, or the Earth has a smaller diameter. Today, only a giraffe reminds us of that time.Sorry for english.

Look at this..jast photo
Possibly, earlier rocks and people lived in harmony of nature, commanding time, turning the clay into different stones densities..It is possible to see various monuments of antiquity
edit on k11Sun, 13 Apr 2014 09:11:47 -0500am4747 by kirass because: (no reason given)

edit on k13Sun, 13 Apr 2014 09:13:49 -0500am4949 by kirass because: (no reason given)

IN ENGLISH.

Nothing on that page looked like a mineral lifeform. Did see a picture of the well known wind blown, water planing moving rocks there. And pictures of the 'growing rocks' of Romania. Which aren't life forms, or alive.

www.hoaxorfact.com...

So you are basically saying they made giant footprints with magic?
edit on 13-4-2014 by Antigod because: adding info

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The Giantism gene is a curse, it doesn't work very well anymore. My sister got distorted from it. My great great second cousin was Big Louis Moilanen, he didn't live very long either. I see this gene popping out in people sometimes and the thing does not work well.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Look how big some of the dinosaurs were. I would not be surprised if giant humans were found. I think the gravity was less during those times and somehow changed. Opp Arts say that there was definitely advanced civilisations before. You would not believe some of the things found in lumps of coal, one being from WV. I think the footprint may be real. There have been many giant human skeletons found.
edit on 13-4-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Antigod
Someone directed my attention to the youtube video. www.youtube.com...

I'd just like to point out...

It's an igneous rock, the only time it's squishy enough to be marked is when its so hot it could melt metal (LAVA). Granite is just about the strongest rock about, there's no way you could indent it like this. Anything that hit it heavy enough to mark it would cause shattering/crushing.

From the look of the depressions in the rock around, I'd say someone spotted that particular hole looked a bit like a footprint and carved it out. Who knows why.

Genuine fossil footprints are left in SEDIMENTARY rocks. These are made when wet mud or sand dries out leaving a print, which is then covered over by a fresh layer of mud or sand. Granite is solidified lava.

Debunk completed.

My brother posted a thread with articles as early as the 1600's about giant human remains being dug up. The thread is well worth the read, i'll try to find it.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

rickymouse
The Giantism gene is a curse, it doesn't work very well anymore. My sister got distorted from it. My great great second cousin was Big Louis Moilanen, he didn't live very long either. I see this gene popping out in people sometimes and the thing does not work well.

It may have worked really well back when people may have been average as tall as 8+ feel because they lived in an oxygen rich environment that supported their lives better than our atmosphere now.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Chamberf=6

I see, in the light of what is said in the old stories that these beings who were taller came to earth and copulated with humans.

May have evolved over time and shrank as our environment depleted in oxygen? It seems that one of the defining (of many reasons) reasons we've started to grow in size AD is because nutrients have become more available through food commerce.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Antipathy17

Chamberf=6

May have evolved over time and shrank as our environment depleted in oxygen? It seems that one of the defining (of many reasons) reasons we've started to grow in size AD is because nutrients have become more available through food commerce.

It's not the oxygen levels, the gravity would have stopped bipeds with legs as skinny as a humans getting to any large size. But yes, better nutrition (more protein) is the reason we are taller now.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

Relevant to the debate about giants: The Romans used to call Celts giants because the average height of Celtic men was almost a foot taller. So back in early human history a within normal range modern height could get you called giant. -

In the bible the Israelites claim that they "were like grasshoppers" compared to the people that lived in the region of Seir. But the people of Seir were from the same basic stock that occupied the whole region. And it appears that the Israelites may not have been very truthful.

For instance, tens of thousands of skeletal remains have been dug up from the cemeteries found in the digs around the Dead Sea that are thought to have been Sodom and Gomorrah. The archeologists believe these Dead Sea communities must have agreed to bury the deceased people from the nomadic tribes in the region.

The skeletal remains found were all between 5'9" and 6'4" tall people; they were folks of good height for certain, but hardly anyone who would qualify as a giant.

Not a one of them, even the tallest, would qualify for the NBA! Me thinks somebody must have been telling some pretty tall tales…

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Antigod

kirass

Antigod

kirass

Antigod

kirass

Antigod

Look at this..jast photo

IN ENGLISH.

Nothing on that page looked like a mineral lifeform. Did see a picture of the well known wind blown, water planing moving rocks there. And pictures of the 'growing rocks' of Romania. Which aren't life forms, or alive.

www.hoaxorfact.com...

Wind and water....
What about this?
copypast.ru...
or
images15.fotki.com...
This is a little more than than the wind and the water - is growing.Gravity (compression) and time.
Magic is the science tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Antigod

There's still a strength limit to bone and muscle. You'd need legs like tree trunks when you got over 10ft tall.

Uhm so any animal that carries say more than 200kgs doesnt really exist?
Seriously

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

borntowatch

Antigod

There's still a strength limit to bone and muscle. You'd need legs like tree trunks when you got over 10ft tall.

Seriously

Have you seen the legs and bones of elephants for instance?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Riddles

Me thinks somebody must have been telling some pretty tall tales…

Not sure if it was intended or not, but that was very "p"unny.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

kirass

Antigod

kirass

Antigod

kirass

Antigod

kirass

Antigod

Look at this..jast photo

IN ENGLISH.

www.hoaxorfact.com...

Wind and water....
What about this?
copypast.ru...
or
images15.fotki.com...
This is a little more than than the wind and the water - is growing.Gravity (compression) and time.
Magic is the science tomorrow.

I can't read the text as its in Russian. It's something that happens when lava flows cool

Formed 50 to 60 million years ago, during the Paleogene Period, the Giant’s Causeway resulted from successive flows of lava inching toward the coast and cooling when they contacted the sea. Layers of basalt formed columns, and the pressure between these columns sculpted them into polygonal shapes that vary from 15 to 20 inches (38 to 51 cm) in diameter and measure up to 82 feet (25 metres) in height. They are arrayed along cliffs averaging some 330 feet (100 metres) in elevation.

Nothing looks like anything that doesn't form naturally on those pages.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

borntowatch

Antigod

Seriously

Humans are bipeds, not quadrupeds. I was referring to bipeds. Anything with a human design would end up with legs massively thick, and the foot design would have to be totally different. Arches would collapse and heels would crush.

Elephants have twice as many legs to split the weight to each foot, and very wide flat feet and extremely thick leg bones to support the weight. They also don't jump.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

borntowatch

Antigod

Seriously

You really need to consider how gravity operates on an animals spine and the morphological differences between bipeds and quadrupeds. The distribution of weight as well as muscle mass and bone density is rather different between the two. And then the vertical vs. horizontal layout of the spine plays a huge part in how large a creature can become. Certainly there were larger bipedal dinosaurs but they also had tails to act as a fulcrum which distributed the weight and act as an anchor in simplified terms.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Antigod

Elephants dont weigh 200 odd KGs

If the giant sized footprint was from a giant sized man, can we imagine his body evolved to carry the weight, or is evolution impossible

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
a reply to: Antigod

Elephants dont weigh 200 odd KGs

If the giant sized footprint was from a giant sized man, can we imagine his body evolved to carry the weight, or is evolution impossible

Well my main point was that he would have to be standing on molten lava to leave the print (impossible).

Secondly, the whole design of the foot would need to be differentto support the greater weight. The lower leg would need to have a massively thick bone, and a big round toeless foot for maximum support and weight distribution. With a foot like that running wouldn't be an option.

<< 1    3 >>

join