It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant stone footprint in south Africa (DEBUNK)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Someone directed my attention to the youtube video. www.youtube.com...

I'd just like to point out...

YOU CAN'T LEAVE FOOTPRINTS IN GRANITE.

It's an igneous rock, the only time it's squishy enough to be marked is when its so hot it could melt metal (LAVA). Granite is just about the strongest rock about, there's no way you could indent it like this. Anything that hit it heavy enough to mark it would cause shattering/crushing.

From the look of the depressions in the rock around, I'd say someone spotted that particular hole looked a bit like a footprint and carved it out. Who knows why.

Genuine fossil footprints are left in SEDIMENTARY rocks. These are made when wet mud or sand dries out leaving a print, which is then covered over by a fresh layer of mud or sand. Granite is solidified lava.

Debunk completed.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Antigod

If granite can be softened, you can .
garry-nelson.hubpages.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

kirass

Antigod

Interesting read. Thanks!

Sure would explain alot if there were giant humans in ancient times. I believe i read somewhere, that when you have more oxygen in the air, organisms tend to grow in size. This was believed to have been a responsible factor forming the giant dinosaurs.
en.wikipedia.org...

So where are all the super-sized human bones? It could be that most of the tombs of the giants were looted. Their bones crushed, and somehow consumed, in order to obtain some of the giant(gods) powers ?

Edit to add: This documentary from Discovery is old, but still interesting.

edit on 13/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Al this off the top of my head & think it's from ancient Egypt but they held the belief that humans had 5 different levels of consciousness which were connected to size, level 5 being the biggest hence the large rock carvings of people in Egypt. Correct me if I'm wrong.
edit on 13-4-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

kirass

Antigod

Interesting page on claimed giants but not relevant to granite at all. AFAIK, there's no way to soften granite.

Also, the 'toeprints' show now wear at all. It's a fake footprint, carved into granite.

I'm wasn't commenting on other claimed finds with this thread. But...

Relevant to the debate about giants: The Romans used to call Celts giants because the average height of Celtic men was almost a foot taller. So back in early human history a within normal range modern height could get you called giant.

I'd also like to add that mammoth bones and auroch bones have been frequently misidentified as giant bones. A lot of these claimed finds turn out to be other animal bones when a proper anthropologist gets to look at them. The elephant skulls they used to find on Cyprus were touted as cyclop skulls in the ancient era.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yes there are giants. Even today.

Tallest Living Man
Imagine a family long ago who had genes that caused them to be extra large. It is possible and even likely.
edit on 13-4-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

From the look of the depressions in the rock around, I'd say someone spotted that particular hole looked a bit like a footprint and carved it out. Who knows why. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is something interesting...

The first problem with the idea that it is a footprint comes from the type of rock in which it is found. The man in the video says that the rock is granite. Now, I am not a geologist, so I can’t be sure that the man is right, but the rock’s appearance is consistent with it being granite. Well, granite is an intrusive, igneous rock.1 What does that mean? An intrusive rock is one that is formed underground. An igneous rock is one that is formed from molten rock, such as magma. So if this rock is granite, there is no way it could harbor a footprint. The only time a foot could have sunk into it was when its temperature was several hundred degrees, and it was below the surface of the earth!

So what is this thing that is being interpreted as a giant footprint? It is most likely a strange shape that formed as a result of erosion. If you look throughout creation, you will find many examples of this, such as Roccia Dell’Orso (the bear rock). This granite formation is a tourist attraction in the Republic of Palau:
It is famous for being shaped a bit like a bear. However, it also demonstrates a common feature of granite that is exposed to erosion – cavernous holes that are technically called tafoni.

blog.drwile.com...

It is doubtful that this was a real footprint, but if there were humans that size to leave a footprint where is the rest of these big humans bones?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Imagine a family long ago who had genes that caused them to be extra large. It is possible and even likely. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But none big enough to leave that size footprint.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The bible speaks of giants also.

The book of Enoch.

The Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Many different parts of Asia tales myth and legends of giants.

The aboriginal myths and legends of south and north America.

The evidence is overwhelming to me.
edit on 13-4-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

kirass

Antigod

second reply...

There are the remains of non mongolid type people in America that predate the current natives by a fair bit, which isn't publicised much.

Red hair happens in some of the pacific Island people, and these remains are more australoid than anything, and this is a related group to the current red haired Pacific people. So red haired people there that they displaced, quite probably. Giants, well no-one has actually come up with any oversized human bones. They say they do, but they are never human. Also there are masses of photoshopped images around of giants in graves which turn out to be images of fossil digs that you can verify (like in that video).

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

bitsforbytes
The bible speaks of giants also.

The book of Enoch.

The Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Many different parts of Asia tales myth and legends of giants.

The aboriginal myths and legends of south and north America.

The evidence is overwhelming to me.
edit on 13-4-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

There's a problem with bipeds over 6'5". It puts progressively more weight on the feet, and the lower bones. Once you get to about 8ft, a normally proportioned human that size would break their feet every time they stood up. The general rule is that as you double the height, the mass of the person is quadrupled, and the bones need to be huge on the lower limbs, which again adds to the weight.

The basic problem with the concept of human 8ft and over is that it doesn't work. Most modern human 'giants' have severe issues with mobility.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Antigod

kirass

Antigod

Interesting page on claimed giants but not relevant to granite at all. AFAIK, there's no way to soften granite.

Also, the 'toeprints' show now wear at all. It's a fake footprint, carved into granite.

Relevant to the debate about giants: The Romans used to call Celts giants because the average height of Celtic men was almost a foot taller. So back in early human history a within normal range modern height could get you called giant.

I'd also like to add that mammoth bones and auroch bones have been frequently misidentified as giant bones. A lot of these claimed finds turn out to be other animal bones when a proper anthropologist gets to look at them. The elephant skulls they used to find on Cyprus were touted as cyclop skulls in the ancient era.

Stone also flexible and fluid as water. Everything is decided by time. Time is energy, and energy is time.
When gravity was weaker, while the giants lived. Perhaps the earth's rotation was slower, or the Earth has a smaller diameter. Today, only a giraffe reminds us of that time.Sorry for english.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It could be a mould of an eroded sedimentary print
Yes I know the odds are a long shot but clearly its a footprint

I cant see any other options

Seen this print hundreds of times and cant think of a better explanation

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I guess it was a one legged giant....
I'm calling hoax on this one, sorry.
Alot of these 'giant' skeleton pics have been completely debunked, and most by biblical groups, so no, this is a hoax

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Antigod

There's a problem with bipeds over 6'5". It puts progressively more weight on the feet, and the lower bones. Once you get to about 8ft, a normally proportioned human that size would break their feet every time they stood up. The general rule is that as you double the height, the mass of the person is quadrupled, and the bones need to be huge on the lower limbs, which again adds to the weight.

The basic problem with the concept of human 8ft and over is that it doesn't work. Most modern human 'giants' have severe issues with mobility.

well clearly it wouldnt be a normally proportioned human that size. One who assumes evolution would assume it has evolved to cope with the extra weight
so one would think

we also know bones grow denser and muscles get stronger the more they are used

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

borntowatch

Antigod

well clearly it wouldnt be a normally proportioned human that size. One who assumes evolution would assume it has evolved to cope with the extra weight
so one would think

we also know bones grow denser and muscles get stronger the more they are used

There's still a strength limit to bone and muscle. You'd need legs like tree trunks when you got over 10ft tall.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

kirass

Antigod

kirass

Antigod

Stone also flexible and fluid as water. Everything is decided by time. Time is energy, and energy is time.
When gravity was weaker, while the giants lived. Perhaps the earth's rotation was slower, or the Earth has a smaller diameter. Today, only a giraffe reminds us of that time.Sorry for english.

No it isn't. Igneous stone is only flexible when its molten.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

I see, in the light of what is said in the old stories that these beings who were taller came to earth and copulated with humans. We were made to fit with the proportions here on earth they weren't, they mixed with us against God's will. I think that is why there were giants on earth in those days and why God needed to intervene at some point.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

I see, in the light of what is said in the old stories that these beings who were taller came to earth and copulated with humans. We were made to fit with the proportions here on earth they weren't, they mixed with us against God's will. I think that is why there were giants on earth in those days and why God needed to intervene at some point.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

bitsforbytes
reply to post by Antigod

Leaving out that modern genetics shows no non terrestrial ancestry in us...

There's the mechanics of it. Without being crude... well actually I don't think this can be talked about without being crude

Pass me another human chick, this one has split.

Then how would a human female birth such a huge baby? It wouldn't get out of the birth canal. Both would die

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join