It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why all the earthquakes recently?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
hI all,
Why are all these earthquakes happening recently? Such as the two in Chile the one in Los Angles and now the one in the Solomon Islands today? anyone have any theories why all these earthquakes are suddenly happening in less than a month of each other because it's a bit unsettlig to me that theses earthquakes are happening so closely together.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have no idea. I would like to hear some theories though.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

Every year from Marts to May/June there is a rise in activity worldwide, i don't know what causes it but it's returning every year spot on, i'm only missing a quake in Turkey from my observations then the circle is complete.

edit on 12-4-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Ice caps are melting fast! Trillions upon trillions of tonnes of weight is shifting. The plates are bound to move. You will see earthquakes more frequent and bigger. You will also see vulcanoes going off, climate change with more superweather.. Etc etc

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by br0ker

You will see earthquakes more frequent and bigger

Thats just you guessing, there is no signs of more or bigger quakes happening, just the usual shaking with its up's and down's in mags and the areas shifting.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Earthquakes happen every year. I don't see much abnormalities this year, compared to last year or the year before.

If it is any natural happenings i would keep an eye on, it would have to be the storms (Hurricanes, Cyclones, Tornadoes, Typhoons etc). They DO seem to be picking up.
edit on 12-4-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

nerdyclutzyblonde
I have no idea. I would like to hear some theories though.

Do you want theories or the truth?

If truth, trust me you don't really want to know. Better to have fun with wild speculative theories than to live in fear.

Being oblivious sometimes can be far better than being informed.

My theory: Earthquakes happen, always have always will, we live on a dynamic planet, in a dynamic solar system, in a vast galaxy, in a massive universe. All part of a natural cycle, that can be devastating at times.

What you don't know can harm you.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Aliens are causing them.
They hate us and are going to destroy the Earth.
Then they are going to build anintergalactic resort here.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Maybe it all has to do with what Jesus said. "Earthquakes in diverse places".

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Just more people reporting it because of more people online and better infrastructure and tech to monitor them

Nothing is out of the orderly or changed only our communicative abilities and tech

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am pretty sure if muzzy, puterman or trueamerican will see this thread, they will post their evidence, that there are not more earthquake this year than last year.
It just appears to you that it is more, because we did not have a 7+ for a too long time and this stress gets released now.
This can happen.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

It seems you think you know something more than your "theory". Care to elaborate?

I was thinking earlier that there seem to be more. Then I realized that I have only just started using ATS this year. Before that my eyes were closed to anything more than major MSM stories and local stuff.

I love this site...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
Just more people reporting it because of more people online and better infrastructure and tech to monitor them

Nothing is out of the orderly or changed only our communicative abilities and tech

Actually empirical data disagrees with you.
The trend line actually has a positive slope indicating increasing earthquake activity , especially larger ones.

EARTHQUAKES - WHAT ARE THE LONG TERM TRENDS?
www.earth.webecs.co.uk...
The above link merely provides a nice graph to express the numbers. Important to note is that large quakes occurring within 5 days of each other are counted as a single quake.

You can find graphs which aggregate the total activity here: www.dlindquist.com...

Here is a plot of the total number of quakes by year: research.dlindquist.com...

-FBB
edit on 12-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
"The moon will turn to blood as it aligns with Earth and sun
Then do so thrice more ere a year and a half is done,
'Tis not the herald of the apocalypses
Just the first of four total lunar eclipses."

'Blood moon' will be a sight to behold during total lunar eclipse

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The harvest? 3rd density into 4th?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I looked at 6.0 quakes and above for 2011 - 2013. These larger ones are definitely hitting around the world with more frequency Feb - April and pick up again in Sept/Oct. It's only three years of looking but that is interesting.

I don't know about the number of overall quakes but the snow theory for those could be confirmed by looking at frequency in non snowy regions.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Earth is a living entity, and her survival instinct is strong. I don't expect her to take mans destructive abuse forever without fighting back- she'll rid herself of the human parasites if she has to.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

That's exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses say. You are an honorary JW.

This is your medal.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

With your final graph this is compiled from data from the USGS. It is deceptive because...

Starting in January 2009, the USGS National Earthquake Information Center no longer locates earthquakes smaller than magnitude 4.5 outside the United States, unless we receive specific information that the earthquake was felt or caused damage. earthquake.usgs.gov...

We see a significant dip in 2009 because of this and it tells us why this is on their site. Thereafter we see more annual quakes
(a rise) but those also don't include 4.5 or below unless they come from the U.S.

I've seen charts that show an upward trend in EQ frequency and believe they are more accurate. I think if any site is going to post these charts and reference the USGS as a source that detail should be put in there. In fact - I wonder why they didn't.
edit on 12-4-2014 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join