It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine christening of USS Zumwalt a milestone for Navy, BIW.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pookle

I celebrate the boot that steps on an enemies neck. When other countries stop building boots we will stop building bigger boots.

And yes I mean boot not boat...
edit on 11-4-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by pookle

I celebrate the boot that steps on an enemies neck. When other countries stop building boots we will stop building bigger boots.

Why don't you stop making enemies? Have you tried that?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pookle

Did Poland make Germany it's enemy? Did China make Japan it's enemy? What did Kuwait do to iraq? Someone throws the first stone and im all for throwing back a bigger stone.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by pookle

Did Poland make Germany it's enemy? Did China make Japan it's enemy? What did Kuwait do to iraq? Someone throws the first stone and all for throwing back a bigger stone.

Funny how we rarely hear about Iceland on the news, one of the few countries that have no standing military at all.

The only things we hear in the news nowadays are DEATH, DESTRUCTIOn, WAR, SANCTIONS and usually it is America, and America's enemies, that are China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, then god knows who else.

Try sitting in your own country and let us sit in ours.

At the rate you are going, you are turning your allies (thats a laugh) into your enemies.

Congratulations on your new canoo, err boat or whatever you wana call it, Keep it out of my country please.
edit on 11-4-2014 by pookle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

pookle

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by pookle

This will answer your question. And, it's why we have a military. Why any country has a military. What if everyone was like you say, and didn't have one? What would have happened in 1939, and onwards? What if the Soviet Union, UK, America, etc., never wanted to fight. But Hitler did...well, that's why. Because there are wanna-be dictators, always have...always will. Whether you choose to accept it or not is up to you.

If you hate America, well...whatever. You can't really blame them for having a military, though. Everyone does. And, as I said above, it's there for a reason.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Catacomb

pookle

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by pookle

This will answer your question. And, it's why we have a military. Why any country has a military. What if everyone was like you say, and didn't have one? What would have happened in 1939, and onwards? What if the Soviet Union, UK, America, etc., never wanted to fight. But Hitler did...well, that's why. Because there are wanna-be dictators, always have...always will. Whether you choose to accept it or not is up to you.

If you hate America, well...whatever. You can't really blame them for having a military, though. Everyone does. And, as I said above, it's there for a reason.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

Congrats, pound your chest like a gorilla.

Btw, everybody Doesn't have a military, Iceland doesn't for a start, I can get a list of places that don't if you wish but I am sure you are capable (even gorillas can be trained) to use Google.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pookle

I truly wish we didn't need armies. That's not the world we live in. I would also like to leave every country in the world alone to sort their own Crap out, just don't call us when the shtf.
And nobody wants Iceland by the way. Maybe south Korea should get rid of all their guns. I'm sure nothing bad would happen. Lol

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by pookle

I truly wish we didn't need armies. That's not the world we live in. I would also like to leave every country in the world alone to sort their own Crap out, just don't call us when the shtf.
And nobody wants Iceland by the way. Maybe south Korea should get rid of all their guns. I'm sure nothing bad would happen. Lol

When has North Korea attacked America?

www.mapcrow.info...

Pyongyang, KN 125.7547
Los Angeles, US -118.2430
Miles: 5935.63
Kilometers: 9552.20
Bearing: SW

That is an issue between South Korea and North Korea, if you didn't continually meedle in others affairs, you wouldn't have to give a #.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pookle

you're saying that just America should not have weapons? my point is that if South Korea had no weapons North Korea would own them. you also say Iceland doesn't have an army, but the United States has a pretty nice air base their.maybe you should google that.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by pookle

you're saying that just America should not have weapons? my point is that if South Korea had no weapons North Korea would own them. you also say Iceland doesn't have an army, but the United States has a pretty nice air base their.maybe you should google that.

Have all the weapons you want, as long as you keep in your back yard. I find it ironic that the US complains about nuclear weapons of other countries when the US and UK is currently BREACHING the NPT in technology sharing for Trident missile system at al AND the US has used them TWICE in ANGER.

I just don't take americans seriously anymore nor do I welcome them with open arms. I walk watching my back.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Oh well, most of us wish armed forces were not needed... and when you really think about it, it's a ship designed to kill efficiently and that's horrifying... but darn, that thing is cool.

And as far as the U.S. foreign policy... it's really sucked this new century and our actions were deplorable in regards to torture and military force when it wasn't warranted... and that's not naive, that's smart as well as practical and "good."

But that ship is so cool...

And then thinking about the good a fraction of the money spent on defense would do in the real world is sobering and deplorable.

But that ship is SO cool...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

pookle
The advanced military that cannot make peace in Taliban in Afghanistan , cave dweallers as a lot call them. The advanced military that couldn't find Osama for how many years?

Pookie, you're really in the wrong forum if you want to rail against the military. We know your spiel by heart. Really. But don't mistake military might with political ineptness. Do you think we "lost" the Vietnam war because of lack of military prowess, or maybe was it people like you pushing a dithering Congress? Do you think Afghanistan is a result of lack of military competence, or is it a wussy president who hates his own military and is seen worldwide as completely inept and naive?

Our military can do literally anything we ask of it. Then we turn around and treat them like dirt. THAT is what is shameful.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

schuyler

pookle
The advanced military that cannot make peace in Taliban in Afghanistan , cave dweallers as a lot call them. The advanced military that couldn't find Osama for how many years?

Pookie, you're really in the wrong forum if you want to rail against the military. We know your spiel by heart. Really. But don't mistake military might with political ineptness. Do you think we "lost" the Vietnam war because of lack of military prowess, or maybe was it people like you pushing a dithering Congress? Do you think Afghanistan is a result of lack of military competence, or is it a wussy president who hates his own military and is seen worldwide as completely inept and naive?

Our military can do literally anything we ask of it. Then we turn around and treat them like dirt. THAT is what is shameful.

The use of military might is a result of political ineptness.

There has not been a time during the past decades that the US has not had a finger in other countries for whaver reason. I know i certinally don't stand alone when I say GO HOME.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ah just another awesome piece of hardware to help implement democracy on the globe. The military might of the U.S. is second to none.
I would go as far to say that if push come to shove the U.S. could rule the planet and no other country could stop them. Sure they could try but in the end, I think it would just be a waste land.

So the rest of the world will complain but never have the stones to do anything about it. In the end, the U.S. will continue to bring democracy for years to come.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

pookle

greencmp

pookle

greencmp

pookle

greencmp

pookle

greencmp

pookle

nighthawk1954
This is one heck of a destroyer. It has been under construction for 5 years.

Saturday’s ceremony in Bath marks both the military’s first new destroyer class in decades and the local company’s delivery of a revolutionary warship

www.pressherald.com...

Why on earth would one celebrate a ship that's called a "Destroyer"?

Where is the pride and honour and celebration in that?

It comes from torpedo boat destroyer.

Yes I know, but what kind of sick mind wants to celebreate destruction and weapons designed for one thing. Death.

Destroying the enemie's weapons saves lives and ends wars.

What enemies have invaded America?

If you are suggesting that there are no enemies of the united states you are wrong.

Not at all, I am not suggesting that, my question was who invaded America, there are lots of enemies of America definatly now, and a lot that would supprise you, that exist in the West or Europe.

It is one thing you are good at, making enemies, I certinally don't doubt you have enemies at all. Some day my country will become an emey of the US at it's current rate.

Are you not answering your own question?

It is still nothing to celebrate about.

True and good point.

Although they have boats and chariots
They have no need to take them.
Although they have armors and weapons
They have no need to display them. - Lao Tzu

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

pookle

greencmp

pookle

nighthawk1954
This is one heck of a destroyer. It has been under construction for 5 years.

Saturday’s ceremony in Bath marks both the military’s first new destroyer class in decades and the local company’s delivery of a revolutionary warship

www.pressherald.com...

Why on earth would one celebrate a ship that's called a "Destroyer"?

Where is the pride and honour and celebration in that?

It comes from torpedo boat destroyer.

Yes I know, but what kind of sick mind wants to celebreate destruction and weapons designed for one thing. Death.

Go thump a bible.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by pookle

Did Poland make Germany it's enemy? Did China make Japan it's enemy? What did Kuwait do to iraq? Someone throws the first stone and im all for throwing back a bigger stone.

Yes Poland did make Germany it's enemy. Before the war started Poland was constantly trying to steal land that Germany said belonged to them. You cannot do this and think the other country will stay friendly.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

wow thought it was a new class of submarines...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

schuyler

pookle

We lost Vietnam because the people didn't support a war that America shouldn't have been involved in and it's the same thing with Afghanistan. What is really shameful is our politicians doesn't listen to the military. They have told the government several times to stop spending so much money on weapons because they are not blind and can see that America is broke. But our bought and paid for politicians don't care what the people or the military says they only care what the people who bribes them says.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

buster2010

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by pookle

Yes Poland did make Germany it's enemy. Before the war started Poland was constantly trying to steal land that Germany said belonged to them. You cannot do this and think the other country will stay friendly.

Did Poland invade? Bomb? Nope. Lots of countries claim ownership of land but still don't send in troops.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join