It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Law: Explained with Old and New Testament.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

The punishment for all sin is death. So putting someone to death for sin is technically just, and is what is deserved. My brother was not concerned with this, but rather if all sins are equal in God's eyes, why then the harsher punishment for sexual immoralities? I believe this can be justified because God didn't want any attempt at the bloodline of the Messiah being misconstrued.

there is no way that being gay could possibly disrupt the bloodline of Jesus... Especially if he was not born of a human male...

These harsher punishments were written by men that fear what they do not know...

And the law Jesus was speaking of here...

Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not [h]the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished

Was the law of love... He could not be speaking of the law of Moses because he broke those laws and changed them for the better...

You are correct in your last paragraph... A Christians Job is to love God, and love his/her neighbour

Its just a shame that few Christians actually practice that law outside of their own flocks

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

How can God justify such an act?

The punishment for all sin is death. So putting someone to death for sin is technically just, and is what is deserved.

You are completely incorrect from your very first statement.The "punishment for "sin" is not "death".That is how the fearful think and believe

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has punishment. He that fears is not made perfect[mature] in love"

ALL of your arguments are a house of cards and all you are doing is "trying" to instill fear of death and punishment... not hope.Your faulty logic is full of extrapolation of the twisting of scriptures to fit your false "religious beliefs" nothing more.There is NO truth in them whatsoever.

You wrongly believe you are exempt from the punishment of death you so freely proclaim because you believe a religious doctrine that you believe the creator God has "pardoned you from guilt".That is absolutely incorrect.You and EVERYONE else is 100% accountable for ALL you do and think and none of it will be pardoned.In your own words YOU are accountable for your inevitable death.

What you don't "know" is forgiveness as written in the new testimony scriptures DOES NOT pardoned from guilt it means freedom from bondage.As Yahoshua said ..you are STILL in your sins(which means imperfection or immaturity).

Please refrain from further slandering and libel of the creator God.You know neither the scriptures nor the power of the creator God and you make the evidence insurmountable by every post you make.The creator God is NOT the malicious unjust monster you write of.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Free will is being allowed to make any choice you want, God wants us to experience ourselves, he definitely doesn't judge.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Never underestimate to wanting of the spirit to find a way out of the flesh bag we call a body specially if one is sure of a better existance.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Rex282

ServantOfTheLamb

How can God justify such an act?

The punishment for all sin is death. So putting someone to death for sin is technically just, and is what is deserved.

You are completely incorrect from your very first statement.The "punishment for "sin" is not "death".That is how the fearful think and believe

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: because fear has punishment. He that fears is not made perfect[mature] in love"

ALL of your arguments are a house of cards and all you are doing is "trying" to instill fear of death and punishment... not hope.Your faulty logic is full of extrapolation of the twisting of scriptures to fit your false "religious beliefs" nothing more.There is NO truth in them whatsoever.

You wrongly believe you are exempt from the punishment of death you so freely proclaim because you believe a religious doctrine that you believe the creator God has "pardoned you from guilt".That is absolutely incorrect.You and EVERYONE else is 100% accountable for ALL you do and think and none of it will be pardoned.In your own words YOU are accountable for your inevitable death.

What you don't "know" is forgiveness as written in the new testimony scriptures DOES NOT pardoned from guilt it means freedom from bondage.As Yahoshua said ..you are STILL in your sins(which means imperfection or immaturity).

Please refrain from further slandering and libel of the creator God.You know neither the scriptures nor the power of the creator God and you make the evidence insurmountable by every post you make.The creator God is NOT the malicious unjust monster you write of.

Whoa buddy. Are you that mad that I said we are to love others, and that the Old Mosaic Law points to Jesus? Yes Jesus did change some of the Laws for the better because they were no longer necessary.
Romans 6
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I suppose I should say the penalty for sin is death. The punishment is eternity in hell. I believe that we are all going to be held accountable for our actions before God, but I also believe that through Christ Jesus we can be forgiven for those sins.

The point of this OP is that the Old law was given to not to tell us how to behave, but to expose our sin nature. Some were given to point to the Messiah and symbolize specific things.

Why was "the Law" given? We would naturally assume that it was to provide a guide for our behavior, to get us to behave better, etc. It comes as a shock to discover that it was given so that sin would increase!4 The Law was given to expose our sin nature5 and to incite the sin nature to sin more;6 and, since the sin nature cannot be reformed, to drive us to despair of self-effort;7 and, thus, to drive us to dependence upon the Holy Spirit alone.8 This leads to the end of the reign of sin nature: Why, "it ain't gonna 'reign' no more!" The great triumvirate - redemption,9 propitiation,10 and reconciliation,11 - is totally the work of God, accomplished through the death of Jesus Christ. And it is all appropriated to us by faith. Faith is the one thing we can do which has no merit on our part. This book gives us the most complete diagnosis of sin, salvation and justification. And the three verb tenses of "being saved": a) Have been saved: Positionally;12 from the penalty of sin, called justification salvation. b) Are being saved: Operationally, by the Holy Spirit, moment by moment;13 from the power of sin, called sanctification. c) Shall be saved: from the presence of sin.14

www.khouse.org...

Salvation is a free gift friend. It is simply a choice.

God created man "in His own image." Since we are persons, so is God. Since we have personal feelings, so has God. If God be God, He must be the judge of all. You must meet God as He is, not as you might wish Him to be. We really need to understand how He sees things! (A God small enough for our mind would not be big enough for our need.) What is God's greatest problem? How to be just and yet justify sinful man. What is God's greatest barrier? God's own character! Even Socrates recognized this dilemma, in his comment to Plato about 500 B.C: "It may be that the Deity can forgive sins, but I do not see how." God solved this dilemma by giving His greatest gift: His Son.

Same source as above.

Grace is a wonderful thing friend. I don't know what made you so mad, but calm yourself.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Romans 6
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I suppose I should say the penalty for sin is death.
That is not what Paul was saying here.
If he meant penalty, he would have said penalty.
He was talking about the natural world, where everyone dies because it is infected with sin.
So, it is an outcome of sin in general, but it is not talking about punishments for individual sins.

The point of this OP is that the Old law was given to not to tell us how to behave, but to expose our sin nature.
Paul doesn't say that the Law was not about how to behave.
He says that it is not sufficient for true righteousness if all you are doing is following the letter of it.

Salvation is a free gift friend. It is simply a choice.
The Bible nowhere says anything like that.
You may believe that but it is merely the product of modern pop-culture religion.
"Free gift" is a bad translation, since there are Greek words that say that but were not used by Paul, instead he used a word that means something that is within the power of God to give, which is eternal life, as opposed to the natural world of sin and death, which only has death.

Grace is a wonderful thing friend.
"Grace" as used in describing salvation has to do with the fact that allowance was made to admit gentiles into the fold, without having to undergo conversion to Judaism and keeping the old written Mosaic Law.
And "saved" in this context is not talking about the modern pop-culture religion definition of saved, as being a guaranteed golden ticket to the Rapture.
edit on 11-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join