It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about we make separate 'nations' for each religion?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Rather than boundaries drawn arbitrarily on a map, constantly at war, divided as people, maybe.....we could, as a global race, ditch the whole system as it is, and start anew.

One state/area for each religion. (I'd say one 'country', but there aren't enough...and I couldn't find a chart showing how many states/provinces there are in total if one counts those within a country. USA has 50, for example)
I don't care where they wind up - Catholics to Italy or Mexico, Orthodox to Russia or Turkey, Deists/Agnostics to America, Atheists to Canada, Muslims to Iran, Pakistan, etc, Episcopalians to England, Lutherans to Germany......

I agree 100% with freedom of religion, and separation of church and 'state', but - since the fact is that neighbors are killing/vilifying neighbors over their religious differences - would it be a better system if people of the same beliefs all live together? They used to call them 'ghettos', segregating the Jews from the Protestants, etc....

But if we all agreed that everyone would be respected and were citizens of their particular STATE/RELIGION, would it help?
Or at least assign one state of the United States for each? Or a county?

OH WAIT. That won't work, obviously, because Israel and Palestine tried it, and lots of other 'adversary nation-states' - HUGE FAIL.

Any other ideas?
(I call dibs on Belize.)

edit on 4/9/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: LEFT OUT ATHEISTS!! SORRY!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Aw man, Muslims married to Christians would be #ed!

The only thing that would work is the whole planet had one nation, Earthstan haha

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

What about the atheists?

Plus you wouldn't want to put the Satanists near the ......well anyone really.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Musilms and Jews are already in separate countries (e.g. Israel, Egypt).
Has that stopped the fighting?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Btw Israel and Palestine didn't try it, Palestinians got their land stolen

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

What about the atheists?

Yeah, my first draft had Atheists in place in America. I changed it to Deists, and then forgot....

Belize for Agnostics.
You call dibs on where you'd like to go as an atheist!
(If that's what you are).....
But yeah, they can all hang together. Maybe it would be best to assign big huge states to the mainstream faiths (Jews, Christians, Muslims) and they can make separate states/counties/townships for each denomination....

but agnostics and atheists would have bigger territories, because they all agree ????

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Maybe it's easier to stop using religion as a weapon or reason to hurt others and realize we are all in this together...

Good lord that sounds naive doesn't it...?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah, you know what guys? I thought it was an interesting idea, and I posted it largely in jest/beer-induced reflection. I see it has piqued the interest of members to discuss.
Just thinking outside the box. Doesn't make it a great or awful idea....it's just an idea.
Stars for all of you. Do you like the idea? Or at least THINKING about the idea?

Thanks for reading/responding.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You'd have to separate the Christians by denomination, everyone else to Mars.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Though you seemingly joke ... this is exactly what the demigods expect. This world Is divided by them and we as well. Conversion is possible though not for every man and certainly not in every realm. Choose wisely.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

... on the sun.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
Yeah, you know what guys? I thought it was an interesting idea, and I posted it largely in jest/beer-induced reflection. I see it has piqued the interest of members to discuss.
Just thinking outside the box. Doesn't make it a great or awful idea....it's just an idea.
Stars for all of you. Do you like the idea? Or at least THINKING about the idea?

Thanks for reading/responding.

Actually, it makes an awful idea! Haha, so many people of different religions are friends, it's quite silly to imagine that people are designed to seperate from each other!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

Nah, we could put the Satanists wherever....as long as they agree to get along and do what they have to do as a community.

(I guess we could also put the Wall-Streeters/1%ers in their own area, too - where would that be, though? How about Siberia?)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

You'd have to separate the Christians by denomination, everyone else to Mars. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yep, I thought of that. Each denomination of Christian gets their own county (or town) in their country.

As for Mars - the bankers get to go there, along with Wall-Streeters. Better idea than Siberia.

edit on 4/9/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
How bout we end separation! NOW!
edit on 9-4-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE
How bout we end seperation! NOW!

That's way to hard brother, the universe exists as the illusion to think we are seperate

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

Actually, it makes an awful idea! Haha, so many people of different religions are friends, it's quite silly to imagine that people are designed to seperate from each other! - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, yes, it's silly if you're able to get along with your neighbors of different faiths. But, it's apparent that such a situation is not the norm. Heck, the USA is (as of the last few years) having states threaten secession because of it!

Anyway, I didn't say anything about cutting off communication or travel....
just having people live in common zip codes. People could come and go, call and receive calls, as they please. Passports for everyone - no big deal.
But you get to be surrounded by those who agree with you.

edit on 4/9/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

BuzzyWigs
But you get to be surrounded by those who agree with you.

I have never been challenged to become better or learn more from people who already agree with me.

Maybe we can just move the stupid, angry, and ignorant to their own country instead... (not being serious here)

edit on 9-4-2014 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hilarious. But people would still kill each other for ideological reasons. People riot when their sports teams lose for crying out loud.

Blaming religion is superfluous and superficial. They can blame non-religion in just as easy a way, when it is ideology at work in every instance, religious and non-religious.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

How bout we end separation! NOW!

Okay then!!!
Where the hell have you been!!!??????????? Go for it!! Please!!

I like that idea.
It's a much better idea than mine....

...Please write up your plan and submit to TPTB.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join