It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA wants to turn Jeffrey Dahmer’s childhood home into a vegan restaurant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Truth is stranger than fiction...

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) does not shy away from attention grabbing news stories when it comes to furthering their cause of animalrights. As reported by the Akron Beacon Journal, the organization’s president, Ingrid E. Newkirk, recently wrote a letter to the real estate agent who listed infamous serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer’s childhood home for sale. In the correspondence to agent Richard Lubinski, Newkirk said that PETA would like to turn the Ohio house into a vegan restaurant and “respond to the past with something positive.”

news.yahoo.com...

I'm not sure I get the logic:

The home, now listed for $295,000, was the location of Dahmer’s first murder in 1978. He killed, dismembered, and scattered the remains of Steven M. Hicks around the 1.5-acre property. Dahmer would later take the lives of 16 more victims. Newkirk wrote in her letter, “Dahmer’s old house gives us a way to evoke sympathy for these victims and to suggest that a life-affirming diet can change everything.” It is unclear what Ms. Newkirk meant by ‘everything.’

I think this is more grandstanding than a viable start up, but kudos to PETA for convincing me more than ever that they are a whackjob organization...

Anyone with a lick of sense knows that a "Dahmer's restaurant" would need to be a "you grill it" steakhouse...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The ribs are to die for would be my slogan

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

LMAO!

Duly filed under "You can't make this sh#t up!"

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to

good idea...I'll take some Fava Beans and a nice Chianti ,hold the liver

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Mirthful Me

Anyone with a lick of sense knows that a "Dahmer's restaurant" would need to be a "you grill it" steakhouse...

Rocky mountain oysters as house special?

It goes to show if you are crazy enough you can justify anything. Next up, PETA should turn the Amityville house into a doggy bed and breakfast/daycare.

Whoever gave the greenlight for this will probably be looking for work soon.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Well...everyone know what PETA stands for. People Eating Tasty Animals.

They've taken it to a new level of absurdity...

Des

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Bloody Hell. Captain we have a problem.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I wonder what the family of Steven M. Hicks feels about this?

Years ago I knew someone who rented out the Tate house to record an album. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time but cost them emotionally in the end when her family came for a visit.

PETA should know better then that!
edit on 4/8/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Mmmmmm. thats good irony.
think theyll have tofu human brains?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I love animals. I have cats a dog and a reef tank full of live coral and fish, but PETA are a bunch of total whackos.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
?
edit on 8-4-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

dashen
?

As cogent as anything PETA is doing...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
that's in bad taste if you ask me

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'm a vegan and animal rights person and I don't even get this.

????????????????????????????????????????

edit on 8-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Further proof the folks over at PETA are imbeciles. I also don't get the logic. Why not buy a butcher shop in a nice area and convert it to a happy fruit stand where people can come and rob the fruit trees of their fertilized ova and then devour it in their own personal form of abortion of that plants offspring for selfish personal gain.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Imbeciles indeed. It might be the vitamin deficiency. Or maybe the persistent chapped lips and emaciated muscle tone makes eating meat painful.

Here's a slogan for them:

You kill 'em, we grill 'em.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That is so sick. They should be prosecuted or at least slapped down very hard for making fun out of horrific crimes. The best thing that they can do with the house is bulldoze it. Who wants to live in a house where evil took place. Lord knows what hauntings will occur there in the future. Gives me the chills. Yuck.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would imagine the home is zoned residential so it can not be made into a restaurant without some legal wrangling. Sounds more like a publicity stunt to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Not necessarily only residential. It's not uncommon to have a mixed zone, especially if the house is grandfathered and the area has changed from residential to a low impact business zone.

But I don't doubt that this is some sort of publicity stunt for them. I find it to be very twisted to even suggest it.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

2manyholes
reply to post by Elton

Not necessarily only residential. It's not uncommon to have a mixed zone, especially if the house is grandfathered and the area has changed from residential to a low impact business zone.

I did not know that, thanks.

But I don't doubt that this is some sort of publicity stunt for them. I find it to be very twisted to even suggest it.

I agree it is a very bizarre idea.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join