It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Quadrata Martis": The mind blowing squared area in Hellas Planitia on Mars...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: garyoptica

We are not staring at the whole world, we are looking at a photo with a resolution of 52.5 cm per pixel.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

The Interesting data is not the squareness of the markings as the term square is used only as a reference and not a geometric classification.

The devil is in the detail and here are a list of reasons why a course assumption of a new type of natural process should be avoided unless of course ones interests and not aimed towards scientific research of our solar system environment...

1.....There are very few diagonals in the area and hardly any markings that do not meet another line.

2.....The evidence of strips of plots effectively written over older ones points to a complex process that cannot be natural else there would be gross destruction of conformity of marking interactions.

3.....There is masses of arrays of strange columns and rows of items within the fields that are around 5 to 15 metres square which is the average size of residential properties for humans though this would be a highly speculative suggestions so possibly some form of cultivated creatures or vegetation were grown.

4.....There is great evidence now that the Islands are partly composed of debris that was pushed towards them and cleared from the surface of the fields.

5.....there is evidence that there is something very interesting underneath this areas surface but we are of course unable to discover what it is.

I could go on but there is too much too explain here but if you check out the greater picture that I took this smaller image from then you will see that the greater area known as the banded terrain is twisted and contorted and thus there is no geological process in the immediate area that has linear expressions.

You may miss to watch my latest video and explore my latest Gigapan image to find out more facts.

Latest video youtu.be...

Latest gigapan image www.gigapan.com...

Q

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Submitted for consideration:

Street Layout of Mohenjo Daro

Sure, our city layouts now are much more geometrically accurate, but it wasn't always this way.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r
While everyone is speculating on what ifs...Let me throw this in the mix. Quarry...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
To me, these large rectangular-ish grooves look far too large to be streets or houses. They must be dozens or hundreds of meters apart.

Anyone wanna measure their dimensions for us exactly, please?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: garyoptica
1.....There are very few diagonals in the area and hardly any markings that do not meet another line.

Are you saying that natural processes cannot make perpendicular lines?

2.....The evidence of strips of plots effectively written over older ones points to a complex process that cannot be natural else there would be gross destruction of conformity of marking interactions.

How do you know if they were made over older ones or if it was a natural process that was less active on those areas?

3.....There is masses of arrays of strange columns and rows of items within the fields that are around 5 to 15 metres square which is the average size of residential properties for humans though this would be a highly speculative suggestions so possibly some form of cultivated creatures or vegetation were grown.

Could you point to some of those (preferably in an image and not on a video)? Thanks in advance.

4.....There is great evidence now that the Islands are partly composed of debris that was pushed towards them and cleared from the surface of the fields.

Don't just say "there is great evidence", present it, please.

5.....there is evidence that there is something very interesting underneath this areas surface but we are of course unable to discover what it is.

The same as above, don't just say "there is great evidence", present it, please.

I could go on but there is too much too explain here but if you check out the greater picture that I took this smaller image from then you will see that the greater area known as the banded terrain is twisted and contorted and thus there is no geological process in the immediate area that has linear expressions.

One question: what is your knowledge of geology?

You may miss to watch my latest video and explore my latest Gigapan image to find out more facts.

Latest video youtu.be...

I started watching, but it has too many things that are only useful to waste time, so I stopped after one minute. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

So you didnt look at the Gigapan link with snapshots and even coloured areas to assist.

"You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it a planetary explorer"

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: garyoptica
So you didnt look at the Gigapan link with snapshots and even coloured areas to assist.

I did, but I didn't watch the video.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join