It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Quadrata Martis": The mind blowing squared area in Hellas Planitia on Mars...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Albert Einstein dropped out of school at 16 years old.
Thomas Edison
Benjamin Franklin dropped out of high school.
Bill Gates dropped out of college.
John Rockefeller dropped out of high school.
Walt Disney dropped out of high school.
Richard Branson quit school at 16 years old.
George Burns, Colonel Sanders, Charles Dickens, Elton John, Ray Kroc.................

While I get what you are saying, dismissing information based on educational background is not always correct or prudent. Had we dismissed the people on the above list the world would look much different than it does today.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Zooming in on the gigapan image, the lines are revealed to be very irregular. Anyone who has ever flown in a plane knows that even we lowly humans, who are not interstellar travelers, make straight lines.

edit on 2014-4-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

theantediluvian
Zooming in on the gigapan image, the lines are revealed to be very irregular. Anyone who has ever flown in a plane knows that even we lowly humans, who are not interstellar travelers, make straight lines.

edit on 2014-4-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

Well that certainly is not true, take a look at any older city from space.
Here is an example

satellite image shows ancient Tanis
www.dailymail.co.uk... ges.html

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thanks for the pic. At first I thought the trenches were for irrigation of fields but as deep as they look they might be collapsed tunnels. As for the face on the rock is this area close to Cydonia region on Mars?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

irgust
reply to post by Arken

Thanks for the pic. At first I thought the trenches were for irrigation of fields but as deep as they look they might be collapsed tunnels. As for the face on the rock is this area close to Cydonia region on Mars?

At the opposite of Cydonia region.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's a very interesting area, too bad that guy ignored the more interesting parts.

(click for bigger version)

There are other parts of the image that have diagonal lines, maybe that's why he didn't post the whole image, and I also find it a little strange that he thought it a good idea to paint the whole image with that colour.

But that's sure an area that should be studied, because if that's the result of glacial action then it means that there was a lot of ice and closer to the equator when compared with most Earth glaciers.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

What is all the black stuff in the middle of the picture? Great place for an underground base...

Is that the same area they have close ups of?

What is the huge white thing in the part I circled? is that real...it seems to have a shadow?

Thanks

edit on 8-4-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Char-Lee
What is all the black stuff in the middle of the picture? Great place for an underground base...

What black stuff, the darker area on the left of the image you posted?

Is that the same area they have close ups of?

No, the close ups are from the left side, a little below the area you posted.

What is the huge white thing in the part I circled? is that real...it seems to have a shadow?

This (seen here at 100% zoom)?

It looks like dunes.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Arken

irgust
reply to post by Arken

At the opposite of Cydonia region.

hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

Interesting square at the corner left at the bottom of the picture.

edit on 8-4-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

This (seen here at 100% zoom)?

Thanks, so it is completely different in close, I have nothing that can see it like that if I zoom I get blur.

Still, yes the whole area is really interesting!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Xcathdra

wildespace
Hellas basin is full of weird terrain. Here's another example from ESP_023499_1420. What the hell are those?!

They look like the image that shows up in a horror movie just before the curious humans, dealing with something they know nothing about, accidentally releases a killer interplanetary beast the size of a small moon with a hunger for blood...

Or it could be weird shadows....

Either or a person must ask themselves....

What does God need with a starship?
edit on 8-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Giant space praying mantii - they wait for a small asteroid to roll past (or unsuspecting space craft manned by humans), then they slowly extend their multiple segmented webbed arms which unfurl into a giant funnel. Upon contact, the funnel quickly folds tight and retracts underground, taking whatever was caught with it to be slowly digested. There is no escape....

Looking at all those maps, it really looks like something out of Frank Herbert's Dune. Some of the pictures look like they formed from collapsed mud tunnels where water pushed mud and air out only for the tunnel itself to collapse. Those two creature like things seem to have formed when the last mud solidified and was too solid to even drip.

I've worked with texture analysis, and one of the ways we used to create different patterns was to take plaster of Paris and let it dry out at different temperatures and humidity. Dry it out really fast, and it basically bakes in place with air tunnels and bubbles popping out on the surface. Let it dry out slowly and it flattens out into a perfect smooth surface. If there's any gradient water will run out and form little streams.
edit on 9-4-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thats not mars! its a painting?

"Alligatoring: [very common failure] cracked paint which resembles alligator skin. This is due to application of paint in too many layers. The inner paint layers have lost elasticity. As temperatures change and the building surfaces expand and contract, the old, brittle paint cracks.

Alligatoring might also be caused by poor adhesion to a glossy surface, painting over an inadequately-dried first coat, or from weather exposure.

Painting over an "alligatored" surface is futile. The older under-paint will continue to crack, causing failure of the new coating. Stripping off of the old paint down to bare wood is what's needed. Also see cracking, below for a distinction between these two similar failures."
link to site

pic

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken - I am so wanting to munch-out, right now.
That picture looks like a giant sheet of uncut Cheez-It Crackers.

Thanks - needed to mark the thread as there are a number of interesting resources throughout!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Mars Buildings???

Top left corner, looks like buildings, very compelling, but to blurry to be conclusive!!

We'll catch them out soon enough.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
OH, please come on. I would love there to be evidence of an ancient civilisation on Mars. It would be brilliant and the scramble to get up there would be intense and possibly result in a massive increase in space technology and exploration. Now that's me wishing.

On the reality side I am all too aware of natural geometric shapes such has hexagonal clouds in the eye of a storm or hexagonal blocks of Basalt that goes from Northern Ireland to Scotland. I am also well aware of the human brains "need" to create order out of chaos which is why there are so many mysterious things that look like animals, planes, jesus (on toast), etc.

BUT, BIG BUT, if there really was a city on Mars you can be absolutley guaranteed that any remaining foundations would not be "square like with squiggles" but most definitely straight lines with perfect right angles, even with a million year overlay of random weathering. Not everywhere but at least two or three!!!! Those image on Mars don't have one single straight line or right angle.

Desire is overwhelming reason in this case.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

BUT, BIG BUT, if there really was a city on Mars you can be absolutley guaranteed that any remaining foundations would not be "square like with squiggles" but most definitely straight lines with perfect right angles, even with a million year overlay of random weathering. Not everywhere but at least two or three!!!! Those image on Mars don't have one single straight line or right angle.

Something like this?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If it is artificial I'd say it looks agricultural. When I first saw it it reminded me of looking down while I'm on a plane.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Arken

How about giving a link to the picture

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I remember that one, it's from an old thread, this one.

The photo is PSP_008427_1380.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Mindblowing my arse, they are not even square.

I suppose you think Giant's Causeway in Ireland was make be the Annunaki too?

www.giantscauseway.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join