It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This my friends is why Ufology struggles to gain credibility

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Frith
reply to post by comfortablynumb

I don't know what you're expecting. There is no real organization to this conspiracy theory or any others. With the biggest conspiracy theories comes the biggest hoaxes and goofs.

If the public dismisses the subject from this type of material it cannot be helped nor stopped. Just have to deal with it.

That sounds about right. Anyway it looks spoofy, someone taking the pee.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

comfortablynumb

Looks legit !

The UFO Folklore ( I now prefer that term to UFOlogy nowadays ) never ceases to amaze me. Some people will simply chew up anything and I mean, absolutely anything to satisfy their almost religious-like beliefs.

Sad in a funny way..

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Wait a minute....so you are saying that it's not real? Dang thought we finally had some solid evidence. Guess I'll keep looking.

I would have left too, wish some people would give it more of a chance instead of flooding the world with hoaxes and ignorance.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

There's always going to be hoaxes when it comes to UFO's. Teens and adults alike, enjoy creating UFO's using photo shop and other editing software and than posting them on You Tube or other social networking sites. They get a kick on seeing how many "hits" they receive or if their video goes viral. Having said that, if you believe our government is using any means necessary to hide information regarding UFO's, it would be to their advantage to post hoax videos to direct attention away from the photos and videos that are difficult to debunk. It would also help reduce the credibility and focus the attention away from plausible sightings.

I believe there are enough multiple witness sightings and credible witnesses who have come from many professional backgrounds that give credibility that something is being seen. To ignore strong multiple sighting and contact cases such as the Travis Walton incident, Rendlesham Forest incident, JAL 1628 sighting over Alaska, Betty & Barny Hill, The Allagash Incident, is just the "let's ignore the possibility and maybe it will go away" mentality. These are just a few hard to debunk UFO cases.

It's one thing to declare photos and video's hoaxes, especially with today's technology, but it's difficult to sweep multiple witness and abduction incidents under the rug. You can deny or create scenarios for anything for things people see, but when multiple witnesses have experienced the same sighting and physical phenomenon, and their stories never waivers over the years, you have to give these people some credibility.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Ah! But you fail to see. UFOism (as I will call it), the belief in UFOs being alien craft, has been fashioned into an exact duplicate of religions about a powerful god. It is not surprising that it eventually will be THE modern representation of a type of religion. In both areas, the germ of the concepts has been naturally, if not purposely, spread into a multitude of different avenues from the basic concept. Nothing is clear or should be taken as it appears. Of course, none of the views in the public domain are correct. That is exactly the master plan of this largely automatic and natural social engineering project in which we are the prime, mostly unwitting, participants. In the jungles, living rooms and elite boardrooms around Earth there is every stripe of human cult or scientific argument for and against UFOism that can exist at the current level of thinking and knowledge of the subject matter. That is the desired state of affairs, the whole intent.

At this point in time, it is not desired that a groundswell of support should suddenly appear from the halls of science or from the churches of UFOsim to push, usher and shoehorn the Earth's population into a place it is not ready to pass into on its own accord. Such a forced exodus from prior states of mind would not serve the larger purpose. In the interim, the field must be fluid on all levels and allowed to seek its honest place on all levels as they come to terms with the emerging and basic kernel of truth that we are not alone and probably not even our own masters either.

Some of us can glimpse the progression, others are blind to it as they ignore and deny the signs growing more apparent every day in actions of governments around the world as they bend to various causes that would have repelled them a couple of decades ago.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Could this be a ghost ship? I can defiantly see an eerie red glow outlining the craft.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You know, if we actually knew something about Aliens, and top secret space craft, it wouldn't be Ufology anymore. I don't know what they'd call it later, but Unknown would be taken out of the sentence.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I think that the bulk of this world's population is highly un-intelligent. In other words, repeaters. That's why we're in the situation we're in.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Yeah, fair point there. In terms of monitoring them for similarities.

Though I do think in time, there will be some photographic or video evidence but more than likely it will be more to do with finding a new element or unusually high radiation or something along those lines (might not be precisely what I said, but you know what I mean
).

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

I think that the bulk of this world's population is highly un-intelligent. In other words, repeaters. That's why we're in the situation we're in.

Unfortunately, I think you're right! Though I am not incredibly intelligent,however it's things like this that just make me wonder about the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I believe that the Earth is going through a transition that it's ready for. But the problem is that there are too many primitivistic people, and therefore there is an intensification of primitivistic situations. This thing that you mentioned in your OP is just one instance of this and is a symptom of this global situation in general.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I think this isn't even close to the biggest reason ufology is not taken seriously. There is a fine line between seeing something that isn't there because you want to see it, and flat out hoaxes.

This guy may see something in a cloud for some unknown reason, but that doesn't discredit ufology NEAR as much as all of the hoaxers out there.

I still to this day can not figure out why there are so many scumbag hoaxers. There seems to be NOTHING to be gained from such an idiotic attempt at fame, if that is even the purpose.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I see people posting and sharing videos on FB all the time.

Every single one that I see is obviously fake, or there is an obvious explanation. But people will believe it.

I am not a genius by ten miles, but the populace is just asking to be taken advantage of.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
comfortablynumb:

Below is a post from this group in which I subsequently left.

Considering the responses some of the posters on Facebook were giving, you were right to leave...they were indeed insulting one's intelligence, and credulity. Even if there was a craft there cloaked in some way, it couldn't be proved, whilst the viewer was being asked to suspend disbelief and all logic and reason. Unfortunately, we have a similar scenario here on the ATS forums.

I don't know what is more disturbing, the potential aliens' super intelligence, or the tenacity to cling to ignorance and superstition by many members of our species?

It's important that one should never suffer fools gladly, nor empower their absurdities with a generous degree in suspending one's disbelief.
edit on 7/4/14 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

elysiumfire
comfortablynumb:

Below is a post from this group in which I subsequently left.

Considering the responses some of the posters on Facebook were giving, you were right to leave...they were indeed insulting one's intelligence, and credulity. Even if there was a craft there cloaked in some way, it couldn't be proved, whilst the viewer was being asked to suspend disbelief and all logic and reason. Unfortunately, we have a similar scenario here on the ATS forums.

I don't know what is more disturbing, the potential aliens' super intelligence, or the tenacity to cling to ignorance and superstition by many members of our species?

It's important that one should never suffer fools gladly, nor empower their absurdities with a generous degree in suspending one's disbelief.
edit on 7/4/14 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

Thank you! That's precisely it! There was no discussing available; if you don't believe then you are closed minded. I am as open minded as the next person who is interested in the unknown or paranormal however, citing this as evidence and then bad mouthing anyone who disagreed made it futile for me to stay there and yes you're spot on about this very same thing happening here.

One thing I said to a mate today who said he was interested in this stuff and simply said, 1. Join ATS and 2. Take everything with a grain of salt, as in my 15 years of looking into all of these areas I have come to learn that not everything is as it seems, even the things that seem incredibly believable; in saying that, I do want to believe and so, the incredibly believable stuff will still get me most times

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

comfortablynumb

And so...this my friends is why Ufology struggles to gain credibility.

World UFO Group Post

Yep.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

comfortablynumb
...And so...this my friends is why Ufology struggles to gain credibility.

World UFO Group Post

Well, OP --

Prove that there IS NOT a cloaked ship exactly where the outline says there is...

...You can't do it, can you ?

So, considering it is possible that there is in fact cloaking technology, and it is possible that there are aliens, and it is possible that those aliens are visiting Earth in spaceships (and using cloaking technology) let's say there actually is an alien craft there, as indicated, unless someone can prove to me that there isn't.

Did I use the proper emoticons/smilies to indicate the sarcasm in my argument?

edit on 4/7/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

draknoir2

Yep.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is this the same person?!?!?

That's almost exactly what they said in the FB thread!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

Well, OP --

Prove that there IS NOT a cloaked ship exactly where the outline says there is...

...You can't do it, can you ?

So, considering it is possible that there is in fact cloaking technology, and it is possible that there are aliens, and it is possible that those aliens are visiting Earth in spaceships (and using cloaking technology) let's say there actually is an alien craft there, as indicated, unless someone can prove to me that there isn't.

Did I use the proper emoticons/smilies to indicate the sarcasm in my argument?

edit on 4/7/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Bwahahahahaha! Yeah, you did

It sure is a funny world we live in...it's laugh or cry...I chose to laugh at this one (I mean the thread that started this OP).

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

PlanetXisHERE
Ufology lacks credibility because the cretins in power want to hold onto that power and believe the best way to do so is to keep secrets from the masses, and any other reasons are secondary.

No. It lacks credibility due to the fact there is no substantial or tangible evidence to support alien visitations to earth. See Bigfoot.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join