It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This my friends is why Ufology struggles to gain credibility

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I used to be in a UFO group on FB (World UFO Group) with about 16k members. I do believe there is the possibility of other lifeforms existing off our planet, in fact, I believe in more than the possibility but actually think there are. Of course, are these beings visiting Earth? I don't know it really depends on the technology they may or may not have.

Anyway, this brings me to my point. Below is a post from this group in which I subsequently left.

And so...this my friends is why Ufology struggles to gain credibility.

World UFO Group Post

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
whoa!
invisibility shield!

Total up-to-no-good-ALIENS!

haha.. i get your point to the fullest.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

comfortablynumb
I used to be in a UFO group on FB (World UFO Group) with about 16k members. I do believe there is the possibility of other lifeforms existing off our planet, in fact, I believe in more than the possibility but actually think there are. Of course, are these beings visiting Earth? I don't know it really depends on the technology they may or may not have.

Anyway, this brings me to my point. Below is a post from this group in which I subsequently left.

And so...this my friends is why Ufology struggles to gain credibility.

World UFO Group Post

Well ,i think it's a combination of things really. Lack of education on the subject ect ect .

But if your suggesting it's because of HOAXing or ignorance ...

I agree with you

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by comfortablynumb

Looks credible to me. I once saw stick figure aliens too....had big round heads and skinny limbs.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Kudos!

You hit the nail on the head.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Not everyone is as intelligent as you. They are lacking the logic for following the scientific theory. People will believe what they want to believe if they believe hard enough. Sometimes, that is a good thing; others - scary.

Why leave? You could of been a mentor. You could of pointed them in the right direction. Politely pointed out the flaws in these amateur attempts - it's no tv of disclose.

However, the stigma of being a conspiracy scientist is still a stigma worst than adultery; worst than drug addiction if I dare say so.

You are kooky for being a believer. "Where's the little green men?" The press will ask when they shove the microphone into your face laughing and elbowing their peers over a story of UFO clusters.

Removing the stigma is the first step, I believe, in bringing this forth main stream.

Jessie Venture does not help. I just do not.... I do not like this voice. His professional wrestler attire and attitude. He reminds me of someone with an 89 IQ yet GETS IT. He understands IT.

So lead the people instead of leaving them.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Yeah, it is both hoaxing and ignorance...but there are so many people who dedicate themselves to thorough research and then things like this just make the field a laughing stock.

I mean, I did post this to the thread just to illustrate the ignorance:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ufology lacks credibility because the cretins in power want to hold onto that power and believe the best way to do so is to keep secrets from the masses, and any other reasons are secondary.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think that biggest thing that is putting a damper on the advancement, is the fact that some people tend to try to look so hard, that in the end, sometimes they think about it so hard that their mind convinces them that they had seen something. I don't see it as any different than the people that convince themselves so strongly that they have some certain disease that they actually start showing symptoms, even though they may not actually have the disease.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Then beat the powers. Become stronger. Become unified. 16,000 people is a large number. Power in numbers. Remember, the Disclosure Project happened in congress at the same exact time as Bill Clinton and a cigar. Of course, they have their ways - yet we have ours.

A defeatist attitude is not a good one to have if you wish to keep fighting. It sounds like you surrendered? "The power that be will never let us prove they are real, so we should just stick to the Internet and not fight them head on."

With citizen journalism on the rise - printed papers almost obsolete - Cable News Networks ratings falling -

I believe we ARE winning.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Diluted1984
Not everyone is as intelligent as you. They are lacking the logic for following the scientific theory. People will believe what they want to believe if they believe hard enough. Sometimes, that is a good thing; others - scary.

Indeed, that is at times a scary prospect. I'm no Einstein but think even this instance takes a bit of normal common sense, not that extra smart common sense.

Diluted1984
Why leave? You could of been a mentor. You could of pointed them in the right direction. Politely pointed out the flaws in these amateur attempts.

It's like talking to a brick wall. Like you said above; people will believe what they want to believe. I only joined the group to try and get real world, people at the ground level who had decent evidence or credible encounters that I could discuss on my show but it just started getting out of hand and I don't have the time to keep checking back only to find things like this as evidence.

Diluted1984
However, the stigma of being a conspiracy scientist is still a stigma worst than adultery; worst than drug addiction if I dare say so.
You are kooky for being a believer. "Where's the little green men?" The press will ask when they shove the microphone into your face laughing and elbowing their peers over a story of UFO clusters.

Removing the stigma is the first step, I believe, in bringing this forth main stream.

SO TRUE! I have a friend who is an astrophysicist and it is one of those things that even he thinks there's enough anecdotal evidence for there to warrant a proper scientific study but no scientist (or very few) wants to risk their career on it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

deadlysyn
I think that biggest thing that is putting a damper on the advancement, is the fact that some people tend to try to look so hard, that in the end, sometimes they think about it so hard that their mind convinces them that they had seen something. I don't see it as any different than the people that convince themselves so strongly that they have some certain disease that they actually start showing symptoms, even though they may not actually have the disease.

That's quite true; pareidolia and aspects like that are certainly there and it also just goes to show how powerful the human mind is.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

comfortablynumb
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Yeah, it is both hoaxing and ignorance...but there are so many people who dedicate themselves to thorough research and then things like this just make the field a laughing stock.

I mean, I did post this to the thread just to illustrate the ignorance:

i laughed so hard it this post i cryed hence the star,thanks for the laugh!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Diluted1984

Then beat the powers. Become stronger. Become unified. 16,000 people is a large number. Power in numbers. Remember, the Disclosure Project happened in congress at the same exact time as Bill Clinton and a cigar. Of course, they have their ways - yet we have ours.

A defeatist attitude is not a good one to have if you wish to keep fighting. It sounds like you surrendered? "The power that be will never let us prove they are real, so we should just stick to the Internet and not fight them head on."

With citizen journalism on the rise - printed papers almost obsolete - Cable News Networks ratings falling -

No, no, don't get me wrong, I don't give up...I change course

I still have my radio show and am on ATS Live: Out of the Box and possibly starting another show and want to continue to delve into the unknown. I do take it with a grain of salt though and use humour to point out flaws as opposed to calling someone an idiot...though, I do sometimes just feel the need to say it as it is.

So, yes, I will continue to battle in the war for our minds.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It can be pretty much summed up by this relatively famous, funny, and even sad event:

Some people will see what they want to see, even when the truth is smacking them right across the cheek.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by galbrex

LOL, I'm glad you liked it

It's laugh or cry sometimes and from being into the fringe for about 15 years, I've learnt to take it all with a grain of salt and so sometimes we need to have a laugh.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That's just it! I mean, don't get me wrong, I want to believe too but I want to be seeing something that allows me TO believe.

So yeah, totally with you there

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Diluted1984

Hmm, didn't want to project a defeatist attitude, I just wanted to assign blame where blame is due. Scan my thread titles and you will see I have anything BUT given up.

The consciousness movement is growing worldwide - IMO that is the only path to change.

Namaste.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I can see what you are getting at. But

Perhaps with the clouds moving it was without a doubt there but to take a picture stopping the clouds makes it that much more impossible to see it yet would make such a picture a attempt at proof of what they seen.
Say it was there either still invisible kind of or straight out there in full view. What does it change?
It would be just about the same the only one that truly believes is those that see the craft in person.

So actually these UFO Groups to me are not there for finding proof of them because there is not one picture nor ever will be of a UFO that can be taken as proof. But seeing is believing and I watch these type groups for similarities to what I've seen so don't consider them a waste of time on those that report what they have seen..

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I don't know what you're expecting. There is no real organization to this conspiracy theory or any others. With the biggest conspiracy theories comes the biggest hoaxes and goofs.

If the public dismisses the subject from this type of material it cannot be helped nor stopped. Just have to deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join