It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Budget Supersizes U.S. Funding for UN, Global Military

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

rockintitz

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by xuenchen

No Taxation without Representation . The American People Do Not have Any Say when the Federal Goverment decides to Steal their Money to be used in Foreign Intrigues . Or Do they ? Time to put a Stop to this kind of Fiscal Irresponsibility by the use of Our Free Speech before that to is Lost along with the Countries Wealth .....

Yes , they are Called Sheeple , Ready to be Sheered . They Need to be Hearded in the Right Direction before they Become Lost.........
Nowadays I'd bet there are more people in the US that haven't even heard of the constitution, let alone the words, "Taxation without representation"
edit on 5-4-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2014 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Of course he's asking for more "peacekeeping" funds...

Gotta keep keepin' the peace over those international poppy fields and oil pipelines, dontchaknow.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Nephalim
You don't really have any say in any level of government do you.

We elect representatives who lie about what they represent.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Springer created "Ludicrus Online Lies" for your type...
[Quote] Onslaught2996
Well look at that..xuechen playing childish games...creating look a like threads in response to a pro Obama thread created by another member.

Thought Springer had a thread about being a troll in the political forum...This would be considered troll like behavior.
edit on 4-4-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The UN is and always has been a huge waste of money. I would vote for a candidate that wanted to cut funding off and evict them from NYC. I know, i know, we have agreements. As I understand it, a present congressional budget is not bound by the actions of a previous budget. There may be other political considerations but not the law. A new congress can cut off funds with the passage of a new budget. If I'm wrong please correct me.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

whywhynot

The UN is and always has been a huge waste of money. I would vote for a candidate that wanted to cut funding off and evict them from NYC. I know, i know, we have agreements. As I understand it, a present congressional budget is not bound by the actions of a previous budget. There may be other political considerations but not the law. A new congress can cut off funds with the passage of a new budget. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Correct and I agree.

Congress needs to stop the madness.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

xuenchen

whywhynot

Correct and I agree.

Congress needs to stop the madness.

Yes They Do, Stop It NOW!!!
The U N is a Cancer, it keeps growing and consumes Taxes and produces Nothing!

Obama has Walked over America for the U N and this needs to stop, The U N has nothing we want or need.

American's should be sending this to their representatives with a warning, hear our words or we Will Replace You with someone,,, Any one that will!!

edit on 5-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
How does a nation sink trillions into its military while people starve and lack medical care?

You know if the numbers were a little different this would be pretty much like north korea........

Yeah i went there.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
We humans have never
had a world war, what there wasn't
a league of nations or a UN there first to shepherd it.

All these modern wars are caused by publishing.

Hearst Corporation
spanish american war 1898

It's a conflict between the words resident and nation

German Nationality law 1913 (nationality defined by descent not residency)
en.wikipedia.org...
ww1 july 28, 1914

Melbourne 1914

These self appointed world governing bodies
are nothing more than publishg houses in the war of words

league of nations 1933
ww2 1939

First meeting of the League of Nations.

The UN publishes instructions for their troops,
but they don't train or handle the soldiers they back.

United Nations 1945
palestinians refuse to identify themselves by nation, citing only residency.

So if the German people were destroyed for citing descent as what a
Nation is
, and then the Palestinian people were supplanted for citing
Residency for what a Nation is.... just what does the UN believe?

First resolution of the United Nations: In January 1946 the General Assembly agreed on the “elimination from national armaments of atomic weapons and of all other major weapons adaptable to mass destruction.”

The United Nations and Disarmament 1945-1965 (www.amazon.com)

Pope goes to UN, calls for end of war and age of peace. 1965

At the 1965 U.N.'s Women's Conference in Beijing, China, Mrs. Bruntland, a medical doctor, made a sustained attack on the Vatican delegation for their opposition to abortion as woman's universal right.

UNICEF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1965and ... Catholics have also accused UNICEF of supporting abortion through their ...

first "terrorist" incident 1970
wikipedia / list of terrorist incidents 1970

Swissair 330

My conclusion.
The UN has reclassified war as terrorism, unless they do it,
and now we have abortion too.

The birth rate across all of Europe has dropped below 2.1.
No civilization in the history of the world has recovered
from a birth rate that drops below 2.1.
Europe is growing grey on it's feet, with no relief in sight.
They just haven't realized yet.
That most of them are old now and there aren't enough children.

Europeans are extinct,
something no "war" was ever able to accomplish.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 6-4-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If congress approves more funding to the UN it will be because those who (TPTB0 control US politics want more influence in the UN. Remember Obama is a just a good little puppet, not a true leader.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It is a perpetual anger I have for the government and their excuses to give away billions of US tax money to foreign nations for that sake of war support. I heard our asspresident approved 1.5 billion to the Ukraine conflict. Meanwhile our own country has starving and homeless people.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Zanti Misfit

No Taxation without Representation . The American People Do Not have Any Say when the Federal Goverment decides to Steal their Money to be used in Foreign Intrigues . Or Do they ? Time to put a Stop to this kind of Fiscal Irresponsibility by the use of Our Free Speech before that to is Lost along with the Countries Wealth .....

Actually they do..

Contrary to popular belief we do not live in a Democracy. Our form of government is a Representative Republic. The election of officials by the people are in fact sending a representative to act in their name.

As for Obama's budget - There is an easy way to fix it, just as there was an easy way to end the Iraq and Afghanistan war.

It would require congress to refuse the budget and to find a compromise everyone can live with (just as Congress could have refused to fund the war in Iraq and Afghanistan).

As for the United Nations - Some time back it was suggested a new organization be created that consisted only of countries that are essentially democratic in nature. The drawback is we would be substituting the UN for a larger version of NATO / East Bloc / Warsaw Pact. Exclude countries like Russia, China, North Korea, and they will in turn form their own group.

The Devil you know beats the devil you don't.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Basically taking the money from the US army (which knows how to fight) and giving it to the liberalized, corrupt and useless "United" Nations

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The UN is ultimately POINTLESS

The UN is inhabited by warring factions

The UN is simply a forum for world leaders to pretend that mankind has evolved

The UN has failed what the UNs main goal should have been should have be to seek unity between these waring factions

Instead it give them a forum to try to 1 up each other and veto each other's moves for dominance and control to kill each other off

Get ride of the UN and spend the cash on factional peace keepers

Let the Western World have there peace keepers and Let, Russia, China, North Korea, Syria, Iran, have there peace keepers since none of them contribute much at all to world wide peace keeping missions and duties

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Eh, I hope the UN spends it effectively because I kind of want to self-destruct the UN and usher in a better system. The UN is weak and will still be weak if the US doubles its' funding.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join