It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really miss the Applause function

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

anon72
Where did you see that you have/had 28?

The number of applauses received is still among the stats on your main Profile page. Click on the icon two icons to the right of "logout".

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

jaynkeel
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

But more for the members who have say 2000 plus flags. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had to laugh when I glanced up and saw just over 2000 in your box.....

I honestly did know I had 2000, dont something i really keep track off although i did glance at my applause for the purpose of this thread.

But yeah, kind of made myself look a little silly with that comment

So lets say 5000 flags rather than a couple of thousand.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

watchitburn
reply to post by facelift

Don't feel bad.

There have been some where I got U2Us from the Mods regretting their decision.

And if I could, I'd give you 100 right now.

What??? I don't get that!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Haha, I received an applause once in a U2U, I think I got like 20 points for it , I don't even know what the points are about , but the applause was because I went off on a crazy rant on a thread about an assault rifle shooting on the south side of Chicago, where I think like 13 people were injured and one of them was a 4 year old kid who was out in the middle of the night.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I do...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't post in order to get stars, flags or applauses, I just say it as I see it and that's one of the reasons I signed up.
But I've got to say it is nice to get the occasional applause or see a post that's received a few stars - I guess it kind of says you are contributing.

I much prefer the present system to the multi-coloured bars that used to be in a persons mini-profile - no-one could understand them at all.

The one thing I would like to see return are the red 'warn' banners that used to appear when someone was deemed to have transgressed T&C.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Springer

I do...

And that's all that matters...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Staff still give applauses but it's not advertised like it used to be (if you want to know, you have to go looking at profiles) I kinda consider them a little bit like skittles, rainbows and pots of gold....

@Freeborn
The one thing I would like to see return are the red 'warn' banners that used to appear when someone was deemed to have transgressed T&C.

I totally thought I was the only one who missed those. Depending on the reason it was a just reprimand or a scarlet badge of honor... hehe

edit on 4-4-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

5000 Great I will never achieve that one. Thats a mighty high number don't ya think?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

It was probably overused and abused....much like stars and flags would be or can be to some degree. The applause function that means the most to me is still in effect...it is the one I get from a moderator that shows appreciation for giving a thread proper attention.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
no People are misunderstanding the OP. Years ago there used to be a button you could press if a post/reply was great and Members would applaud it themselves. You could only vote once but it was good.

Now they have the star feature that has replaced the applause button.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I had to go to my profile to look for my applause.

I feel blessed. My applause still out number my spankings...barely...

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

watchitburn
There have been some where I got U2Us from the Mods regretting their decision.

After you got applause they contacted you to say they wished they could take it back?
Oh man ... that's cold!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Honestly, I didn't like those labels. I like it much better without them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join