It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes a selfie with Red Sox slugger David Ortiz and white house is angry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
On Tuesday the Red Sox baseball player Dvid Ortiz took a selfie with Barack Hussein Obama during the Red Sox visit to the White House. Check the link below for more details.

t.foxsports.msn.com...
edit on 4-4-2014 by demonologist842012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
He is human right?......

Second ..

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
He is human right?......

Second ..

Yes he certainly is human.

He is also the president of the United States, in my opinion taking photo ops with a sports figure of any kind should make people a little upset. Especially with the direction the economy and country as a whole is headed.
edit on 04am14000000041188 by magnum1188 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So what?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Because this was so much worse than Between Two Ferns, cozying up with the likes of JayZ, or getting many other celebrities to sell his crap to the entire nation....

Just saying. Goose and Gander thing IMO.
edit on 4/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

magnum1188

LightningStrikesHere
He is human right?......

Second ..

Yes he certainly is human.

He is also the president of the United States, in my opinion taking photo ops with a sports figure of any kind should make people a little upset. Especially with the direction the economy and country as a whole is headed.
edit on 04am14000000041188 by magnum1188 because: spelling

Really ? Get over it dude... SMH..

I don't agree with what he has done ,but know that the decisions made were a group effort .. He's not the only mover and shaker when it comes to politicking...

But at the end of the day he's a Man /human

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
When the day ends and the president goes home and every decision that effects 350 million Americans is done, cant he take a selfie with a famous guy?

shoot, i k.now i would. let him be, theres many more prudent topics you can pick him him, a selfie? its nothing.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Seriously, your mad about that? Lol the world and the economy are in the #ter so Obama should be disallowed from taking photographs...I hate the guy as much as the next but c'mon. He is a human man, typically us human males get pretty excited over meeting famous sports stars. Would you not have taken a commemorative photo?

I mean i suppose i can get the anger, but its not like if Obama wasn't at the game taking selfies he would've been off saving the world and pulling the economy up. Pft. He probably would've been making stupid decisions elsewhere...perhaps in more important theatres...instead. Just my .02

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

edit on 4-4-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

demonologist842012
On Tuesday the Red Sox baseball player Dvid Ortiz took a selfie with Barack Hussein Obama

Why does your thread title claim Obama took a selfie?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by demonologist842012

Worrying about some stupid pic instead of the constant non stop loss of liberty at the hands of progressive scum bags............Priceless.

This is what gets people angry in today's world.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This is NOT news. You can take a picture with whomever you want. So what if you're the President and taking the picture. Really? Really?

Rarely do I comment on threads like this. But SO WHAT!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I guess nobody read the article

The selfie irritated the white house

This white house
edit on 4-4-2014 by cantu1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
A Psychiatric Study Reveals Selfies Are Far More Dangerous Than You Think.
adobochronicles.com...
www.policymic.com...
www.realfarmacy.com...
metro.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The WH was upset because this apparently was staged by Samsung, carried out by Ortiz, and they object to images of the President being used for commercial purposes. End of story. Yawn. Ortiz denies anyone forced him to take the pic. Yawn again.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Best quote from the OP's source:

So there we have it. The White House objects, whatever that means.

Hopefully this is the last we hear about the selfie.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Title is misleading ...original article says Ortiz takes selfie with president not the other way around ...so wouldn't it just be a famous dude getting a picture with the president......cus that never happens. Who cares if the whitehouse was bent about it....it's a picture. ........I know I know splitting hairs. Bigger picture please...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Obama takes a selfie with Red Sox slugger David Ortiz and white house is angry

First biggest misleading non-issue with Obama in the title today.

By the way, does the White House make a really mean scary face when it's angry?
edit on 4/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
He can take a selfie with whom ever he wants. It's no big deal. The White House gets angry at the strangest things ... If they were uptight about Obama's public appearance, they should have never put him on that 'two ferns' show.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am truly not a fan of our president so don't think I'm biased. Selfies are here to stay as long as we have cameras at our fingertips. So what, he took a selfie. It's really no different then the press using pictures to promote people and their agendas.

I think when people are oppossed to a person they then feel that they have to criticize everything that the person does. It's human nature but it's one we can control if we so wish.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join