It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gun Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Idiosonic
Alot of retards on here.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Idiosonic

Alot of retards on here. I am saying stop Mentally ill people from having guns yet all anyone can see is a gungrab (which is NOT my point)
"You shall not take my guns" i agree with you, i want unstable people to not have guns

I understand. I want you to tell me, specifically, how you define "unstable" and "mentally ill."

You have already indirectly called me and those who disagree with you here "retards." The medical professionals in American society used to use the term "retarded" instead of mentally ill. In your insightful opinion, should retards like me have their guns confiscated?

Please answer. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Idiosonic
reply to post by WatchingFromtheShadows

I am not talking about a gun grab, i am talking about grabbing some people from owning guns

And i will ask again...

HOW?

cause & effect is the issue.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

People suffering from depression and things like that, ill let the pro's decide that. But not people who fail to read stuff online then rant about gun grabs, missing the point

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Something needs to be done, do you disagree

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Does anyone disagree that SOMETHING needs to be done, that is my point. not a gun grab yet trying to make America safer. America has a problem no other 1st world country has yet no one wants to admit it

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

The Gun Debate

If I`m the one with the gun, then there's no debate.

A crazy person should have no place around guns, yet it keeps happening Something needs to change. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Should we also put restrictions on Subways, Trains, Planes, Cars, Kitchen Knives and Computers because crazy people could use them for bad things? Wouldnt that be kind of Idiosonic?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yes, we should. but no one is debating that

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

People suffering from depression and things like that, ill let the pro's decide that. But not people who fail to read stuff online then rant about gun grabs, missing the point

People with depression?!?! Are you serious?

You are the only person missing every point made on your own thread. Have a nice time reading stuff online. I'm officially done here.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

This is for all you gun hating progressives..........No amount of debate is going to change this. It really is pointless so why not try and save a tree or get a college degree you will never use. It really is a waste of time......Why you ask?

Think about the amount of guns already in Americans hands. Now imagine someone trying to take them away. Add on top of all that you would have to change the very core of our societies founding principles.

What all you progressives nut jobs should do is take over the media and education system and slowly over time brainwash countless people with progressive ideals that will make them weak of mind and heart. And then wait for the seeds you planted to grow the signs will be young adults never leaving home and the break down of the moral fiber............CRAP.
edit on 4-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Idiosonic
reply to post by TiedDestructor

NO infringements? Would you be ok with someone who is depressed, suicidal, and openly wants to "go out with a bang" (killing lots of kids) have a gun? you cant infringe on his rights so say goodbye to 20 odd 5 year olds

Your frivalous assumptions are as detrimental to your argument as is your ignorance.

I can read english. How about you?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

i want unstable people to not have guns

An unstable person can kill you with a hammer, a bat, a pitchfork, kitchen knife or a shovel. Guns are tools....just like a hammer. Gun or hammer...you won't be any more dead if you get shot or beat to death. Once the gun restrictions start, you get "mission creep". It will never stop at that. If I happen to come up against a nut with a gun...I'd rather be armed and able to defend myself...than be dead at the hands of a madman.

As for that scope...that is one sweet piece of kit...where can I get one? Dear Santa....

As for the girl in the vid...nice shooting. I've been shooting most of my life and I know I can't hit a target at 1000 yards first shot....like I said...I want one!

Thx for bringing it to my attention.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I give up. I'll just let you continue to gun down kids at school. That is the problem with America, no one wants to change, you all think it's perfect. Let me tell you something, having people gun down kids at school is not perfect and needs to change yet no one will. "were number one" cut the crap and open your eyes

This whole world is a mess, gotta have a goddamn vest on your chest and a Glock just to go watch Batman. But why? because no one will change

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Think about the amount of guns already in Americans hands.

I have to say my take on this. A couple years ago (before the panic), the amount of legally owned guns in the US was almost the exact same as the total population of the US. That was virtually a 1:1 ratio. Then, the gun ban scare happened after Sandy Hook, and guns were wiped off the shelves. AR-15's, AK rifles, etc semi-auto rifles... were the hardest to find out of anything (except ammo).

Fast forward a year, and things have calmed down. How many guns were added to private hands because of the panic? I would estimate there's now more legally owned guns than people in this country. I'll take 350 million guns as my new estimate. (It's impossible to find the actual amount of guns. Background NICS checks started only in 1998, and also many states don't require background check for face to face transfers. It's really a guessing game for the numbers.)

All that being said, here's an article citing a Pew research study from May of 2013. (The panic was still in semi-full effect at that time).

Pew study: Gun homicides in U.S. dropped nearly 50 percent over 20 years

If you think gun violence has reached a new high, you're far from alone. However, according to a new statistical survey, you’re also wrong.

The study, published Tuesday by the Pew Research Center, says that gun homicides have declined by a full 49 percent since their peak in 1993. There has been an even steeper decline, 75 percent, in nonlethal crime victimization (with or without a gun) in the period between 1993 and 2010.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention statistics show there were 11,078 gun homicide deaths in the U.S. in 2010, compared with 18,253 deaths in 1993.

Nonfatal gun crimes dropped by 69 percent during that same period, according to a separate report from the Bureau of Justice Statistics that was also released Tuesday.

That's just one of a few other studies done in the past few years about the massive drop in gun violence.
edit on 4-4-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Republican or Democrat, people no longer trust the government, whether its the federal government or the local government.

There is this suggestion by the Liberals, the Democrats, the Left, that the only ones who should have "guns" are the government...

On a federal level, one administration after the next has waged endless warfare and on a local level, police are becoming militarized and violent.

Maybe they’re the ones who need to be disarmed…

Let go of this slave mentality and understand that self-protection is not a privilege, it truly is a RIGHT, even for those who may be less than perfect.

There are already too many laws, rules, restrictions, codes, chapters, subtitles etc., restricting our RIGHTS.

No one wants your incremental-ism.

No one.

Not Republicans, not Democrats, not Independents, sure as hell not Libertarians.

edit on 4-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
There is no debate...what would you debate even?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I have a right to self-defense. A gun is the single most useful tool for that in existence at the moment, as it is the ultimate force equalizer and allows one to defend against multiple attackers.

To me, saying that having a gun is a privilege or needs to be earned is saying that I need to earn the right to more than a very limited form of self-defense.

As a smallish female that lives in a relatively high-crime area, people with your attitude are threats to my well-being.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

You want to get rid of the 2nd Amendment.
You want to eliminate gun rights and have gun privileges instead.
You want a controlling central authority to determine what type and who shall own them (firearms).

It's not going to happen.

What other rights do you want to get rid of?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Murder is already illegal.

OP: I reopen the gun control debate anyway.

That's gun control,
no debate.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 4-4-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Idiosonic
Does anyone disagree that SOMETHING needs to be done, that is my point. not a gun grab yet trying to make America safer. America has a problem no other 1st world country has yet no one wants to admit it

If you are so adamant about "something" needing to be done, here's a suggestion. Go to Chicago and collect up all the guns from the gangs that are constantly shooting people there---or LA, or any other gang-infested city. By all means, it needs doing so I'm nominating you as the enforcer. Please DO SOMETHING! People are dying and YOU need to stop it. Find the Crips and the Bloods, and all those other crazy criminals with guns and TAKE AWAY their illegal guns.
Something needs to be done and you need to take action to stop all those poor people from dying from drive-by shooting. Now get busy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join