It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth is out there...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think the Vatican and Smithsonian have the most.
especially the Vatican do to how old the catholic church is. They've had allot longer to collect and hide stuff
then any of the others.

Smithsonian second we(USA) like to collect things from all over.
Although, the secret stuff or the dangerous stuff or the mystical stuff or the just plain weird stuff,
that i believe is at warehouse 13.
edit on 4-4-2014 by ishum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

www.flickr.com...

Looks like that is already going on.
Lots of these ended up at the Smithsonian. I believe they 'lost' their records.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

SLAYER69
I'm leaning towards the Smithsonian myself. What of all them supposed 8 to 9 foot tall mound mummies found during the late 18th and early 1900s? Story after story about how some people from the 'Smithsonian' came and took them and related relics? Now I know many of those stories were written in what we would consider tabloids but were they all?

www.flickr.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

No.....The truth is in all of you.

a penny for your thoughts, good sir?

the blurry text reads; the universe -totally looks like- brain cell under magnification

edit on 5-4-2014 by UNIT76 because: hmm, some hi-res pics would be nice

related data here
edit on 5-4-2014 by UNIT76 because: added link

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'd have to say The Vatican.
The one place on this planet I'd choose to have a free pass into above all else is The Vatican, and all of what I suspect they hide.
I may well be very wrong, I just feel they hold the key to a lot of our unanswered questions.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm sure there are things worth knowing hidden at all those and more locations.
The Vatican seems to be the front runner.

I submit to you that France would have more than The Vatican. Remember Napoleon? If there were any secrets to be had wouldn't the rationalist have taken it?

Besides, the fact that French intelligence isn't a choice proves they are doing a better job of not being noticed.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I would say the Smithsonian many records of friendly land owners letting them in for digs and then losing the records. That is not the way a true open investigation in the past to be run. There are also rumors of the Smithsonian dumping a barge full of research items in the ocean to "prevent anyone from seeing them".

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I personally believe it to be the Vatican. For reasons as others have stated. The Vatican is much much older than Smithsonian, Religion has played a leading part in controlling the world, and part of that control is to hide away anything that places that control in jeopardy.

I can only imagine the wonders that must be hidden down there. Unless it it a double bluff just in-case a group does decide to take matters into their own hand and try and find out exactly what is hidden through those sealed doors.

Namaste
~sacri~

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
My best guess would also be the Vatican. My reasoning would be that the screening process to get into their goodies is far more strict (I'm told, never attempted it personally) than at the Smithsonian.
The Smithsonian requires a few letters behind your name and a research abstract. (Again, I'm told, not personal knowledge.)
As for all the stories of lost records, on that I can say from personal experience, it's very easy, especially in large institutions. But hey, I have records of my own that are right here in my home----somewhere---I know they were deposited here when I moved here over 20 years ago but numerous searches have yet to turn them up! Same with research I've done at the university, one student's carelessness can derail an entire project. Negligence, theft, stupidity----we're dealing with 18-24 year-olds mostly----"Oh, yeah, I threw out that bag, it only had dirt in it." (A soil sample plainly labeled as such from a now-destroyed site.) Need I say more?
When entire departments get moved---across the hall or across campus---all bets are off.
It is much the same for the old claims of "turned over to the Smithsonian" by the finder of this and that. Do you realize how easy it was to dupe folks back in the day into believing you were "from the Smithsonian" when in reality you were a collector or exhibitor?
In doing research on the early days of the site where I worked for many years I interviewed several dozen people who had been employed there in the early days. Several told me about men who had come to the site when the digging was being carried out claiming to represent the Smithsonian, asking the owner to donate artifacts. Some offered to purchase or trade artifacts. Fortunately, the owner was fairly careful about making sure they were who they claimed to be. Not to say that he didn't sell or trade artifacts, he did, but it was a common practice in those days. Museums did buy and sell artifacts, even human remains. They also didn't require any records back then. Even in the 1930s when our site was excavated, there was minimal record keeping of what was removed, even by the professionals at the University of Alabama. The actual owner of the site kept far more records than the academics. The best records of that time were kept by the excavators of the University of Chicago when they did work on the site. Those records still exist while we have only bits and pieces of the scant records kept by the U of A excavators.
All that's not to say that the Smithsonian doesn't have some secrets---I'm sure they do but for real, spooky stuff, my money's on the Vatican. They have far more power and control over far more people than the Smithsonian could ever dream of having.
Just my two cents.
Great thread. Thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join