It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain why MA370 is on the news, CONSTANTLY!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am in no way being disrespectful when saying my heart goes out to all the innocent victims and families this tragedy has created. The amount of resources being sent to look for something that I my opinion, isn't there, it's over there! Is truly unprecedented.

But. . . I have reached my limit with all the major MSM folks over how much airtime they have given to this one incident. When the tsunami hit Japan it wasn't broadcasted for this long or to this extent. Honestly, I can't remember anything being on all the time, for a month. That on top of the three stooges methodology of forensic investigation, in trying to find the damn thing in the first place, has driven me to the point of slamming my head into a wall!
Am I missing something here???
I know we need to find it. It's important to the families for closure, it's important to rule out mechanical failure for future airlines and it's important given the terrorist scenario. But on CNN they have rented out a simulator for a month to try to figure out what happened. The instructor looks as if he is going to hijack his own simulator and shoot his CNN co-pilot in the head if asked one more time to do some ridiculously pointless maneuver that's not even applicable because it's a simulator!

No need to answer this thread if you don't want to, I just had to let that out!
Thank you all

AB

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Hi AnteBellum!
That's a good question and I've been wondering the same thing.
I think perhaps they are trying to keep us distracted, but from what? The Ukraine situation? That's my best guess.
Interested to see what others think. S&F for asking what I've been thinking too.

jacygirl

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I haven't watched cable teevee in over a decade now, but even I've heard people complaining about CNN's constant coverage. Apparently they were losing market share (viewers) as everyone is tired of Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper. The missing plane doubled their viewership for a while and it's also possible they've been told to focus on that to the exclusion of everything else that's going on. The Ukraine situation is a bit complicated for the eyeballs they're trying to capture.

The last time I was forced to see a teevee (I call it that to make fun of it) at a client's house, I couldn't believe the sickening drivel that was on. It's gone far past disgusting and I'm no prude.

Please cancel the cable and go to your nearest library and start reading. There's a wealth of wonderful brains out there you can interact with, and you're wasting your time on Judge Judy, Bill O'Reilly and 'reality television'.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

AnteBellum
I am in no way being disrespectful when saying my heart goes out to all the innocent victims and families this tragedy has created. The amount of resources being sent to look for something that I my opinion, isn't there, it's over there! Is truly unprecedented.

But. . . I have reached my limit with all the major MSM folks over how much airtime they have given to this one incident. When the tsunami hit Japan it wasn't broadcasted for this long or to this extent. Honestly, I can't remember anything being on all the time, for a month. That on top of the three stooges methodology of forensic investigation, in trying to find the damn thing in the first place, has driven me to the point of slamming my head into a wall!
Am I missing something here???
I know we need to find it. It's important to the families for closure, it's important to rule out mechanical failure for future airlines and it's important given the terrorist scenario. But on CNN they have rented out a simulator for a month to try to figure out what happened. The instructor looks as if he is going to hijack his own simulator and shoot his CNN co-pilot in the head if asked one more time to do some ridiculously pointless maneuver that's not even applicable because it's a simulator!

No need to answer this thread if you don't want to, I just had to let that out!
Thank you all

AB

Considering what we all assume we know (government and corporate corruption), it's best to assume the government is pushing non issues because something big is happening they'd rather distract us from. State run media hasn't been a thing of the past for a long time now, let's look outside the box.

Crimea is still doing bad,
Syria is still doing bad,
Turkey might be committing false flags,
President still wants troops in Afghan but the country doesn't want us there,
Banks are still robbing us and a school loan bubble can burst any time,
Most oil rich nations want to back away from the dollar... actually they want to sprint but we wont let them
China owns a lot of our debt but China produced a bubble like we did with housing but in industrializing it's nation. They are going to want a lot of what we owe them back soon.
Israel may be looking to bomb Iran. I know, I know. They are always looking to.

Lots of issues not being talked about as much as a missing plane.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If your talking CNN, it's because no movie stars have fallen down the stairs of late or died in the night from an overdose.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

My thoughts also are that its a distraction.
From Possibly (theories)
-Israel Palestine Treaty, and its timing with the 4/15/14 Blood Moon. Similar Eclipses have meant big things for Israel in the past
-The Ukraine situation and similar global unrest including Albuquerque NM
-And the other breaking stories talked about on ATS

It also is just a way to "dumb it down". People seem to be primed for something big to happen imo, every time some injustice happens people are mobilizing. Maybe they are gonna try and use that to get the people to join a cause beneficial to the PTB.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

A lot of times the news aren't pointed at you, they are pointed towards relativs who might use the news as a source of information on thier missing loved ones, i know it's a stretch in this case but still.

Other than that it's a hot topic cause of the mystery around it, you know...They have no clue where it is?, and they wont stop untill at least a small fragment of the plane is found, then it will propably slow down.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I have that in the back of my mind also.
But can't find anything that they need to cover up yet.
The whole Russian Crimean incident was just to buy Russia time to get some 'stuff' out of Ukraine into Crimea before the new government found it, the USA was part of that misdirection plot.

I met a guy in NEST when I was in ABQ and he told me he was told by NSA to ready his team the Thursday after the jet went missing. But 5 days later they retracted the alert. Makes me think the US knew something on that Thursday but took care of it days later, I don't know???

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I have to watch tv especially the news.
It's the way I follow/play the stock market, since I'm not working at the present moment.
But you are right teevee is crap!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

Your right!
I forgot they still think everyone is that stupid to not realize all the other things that are going on in the world.
Wait a minute. . . most everyone is still that stupid to not realize all the other things that are going on in the world!

I just want something to happen already, I'm tired of waiting.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I really have a hard time believing that the plane just disappeared. Supposedly technology is such that they can track anything and anyone.
I feel really sorry for all the relatives...the 'not knowing' must be truly awful for them.
Nothing about this story feels right to me. The fact that they're pushing it 24/7 is suspicious.
To me, it's like a magic trick! "Look over here!" at THIS hand....don't look at the 'other' one.
So what exactly is 'the other hand' doing?

jacygirl

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

So right, I think everyone is tired of hearing Justin Bieber and looking at Miley Cirus's @#$%!

reply to post by YoComrade

I can't wait to see the blood moon. One of my favorite holidays!

reply to post by Mianeye

If it were me or my family I wouldn't want to be on the news or hearing about it there.

edit on 4/3/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I think the USA knows something also.
I don't think they knew where it went at first but later found it and took care of it, so to speak.
But I won't be surprised if the jet is never found or it's found the minute before it explodes over a city with a nuke inside.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Be Back Later, bye for now!

edit on 4/3/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Because 239 families want to bury their loved ones. Callous much?
What in your great estimation should they be covering?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's your opinion that it's not there? So that's the reason the news shouldn't cover it. Well in that case. ...
Must have wide doors on your house to get that head in.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Well if the stories about Ukraine had stopped or were being buried I'd say you have a point but since they are covering both plus the rest of the world news like the stock market etc I can't support this viewpoint. It's just not happening. "THEY" again. As in they are distracting us. That is so laughable. Just who the hell is "they" anyway ?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

While i agree with you Lives are lost daily around this world, Cover the deaths in Chicago and any other inner city. Cover the warfare in Africa. Cover the civil wars and other disputes around the world.

The problem I have with the on going coverage is, nothing is gained. When you have breaking news THEN switch to it. This has been going on for almost a month. 2 weeks I'm all for it but what can you say the families gain from watching CNN atm?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Because 239 families want to bury their loved ones. Callous much?
What in your great estimation should they be covering?

What does the media have to do with people burying their loved ones? All the media is doing is causing people to suffer when they keep throwing out negative scenarios about what might have happened. Why? because they want the loved ones to bury their dead? No, because it's the best ratings they've seen all year.

Moron or a disinformation agent.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's simple. Their ratings went up because people are tuning in for it. Make no mistake about it, the goal of any media company is increasing it's viewership which in turn generates more advertising revenue (or subscriptions if that's the business model). Is it part of a plot to distract viewers so they'll forget about what's taking place in the Ukraine? Doubtful. By and large government manipulation of the news is much more insidious and has to do with controlling which information is released and to whom. After all, it's much easier and less costly to be spoon fed information/disinformation by spokespeople and politicians than to gather information independently. I'd say in this case, we can blame ourselves because they are simply supplying a product to meet consumer demand.
edit on 2014-4-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

If you haven't seen cable news in over a decade you're hardly in a position to judge now are you ? They ( in this case they is CNN or any other news network) are covering the Ukraine situation and this plane and now this morning the shooting at Fort Hood. It seems to me that they are covering all of the news. Of course I have no idea what they are not covering ...That could be reason for concern. LOL.

PS-Judge Judy, Bill O'Reilly and reality TV are not on CNN.
My two year old kindle already contains over 150 books. No need to schlep your butt to the library anymore.
edit on AMu30u0441419302014-04-03T11:19:34-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join