It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nukes Are Flying. What Would You Do If Nuclear War Happened?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I would run out on the streets and just scream at people: "Told you, suckers!" just to be right one last time.

(after taking a glance at the skies to check if the spacepeople-believers were right afterall and ET is here to save the day...)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It's not very difficult to make a simple fall out shelter that would protect you or whole family from blast and fall out.

Read on internet, here is one simple link

www.wikihow.com...

Few weekends of work is all that's needed, and this fall out shelter can provide protection from many other emergencies also.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

For the Hiroshima bomb, an air burst 1,800–2,000 feet (550–610m) above the ground was chosen "to achieve maximum blast effects, and to minimize residual radiation on the ground as it was hoped U.S. troops would soon occupy the city".

I see what you're saying...but that quote also backs up my point. They specifically created an airburst to keep the radiation to a minimum. It follows that a groundburst = more radiation =more long-term destruction. It depends on whether you are trying to destroy infrastructure or cause long-term genetic damage. If you just want an enemy to leave a conflict, then an air burst, sure. If you wanted to screw them over for a long time, then a surface explosion will spread more radiation.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Here's an interactive map that allows you to select different yields and other interesting Options.

BOMB ME

Pick a location and bomb it.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Grab some good whiskey, break open the glass case with my old favorite pipe that says "Break in case of emergency", go outside and watch the fireworks with the family.

Frankly, I expect the Pensacola area to be buffed cleanly off the coast, so there's that going for it. Or pretty much anyplace I'm going to be at work.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Sit in the fetal-position and cry.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

SaturnFX
Curse Khan.

KHAAANNN!!!!!!

Star, Saturn!
Toward the end of "II..The Wrath" I've got a still of Ricardo's bridge in a mess, and the
makeup guy had a picnic with the Vaseline and charcoal chips.
I stuck on a caption and made a moto t-shirt.... "Good Lighter"
Back to another, speculative reality: I really don't think anybody within 45 miles of a military asset worth more than Ike's beater set of golf clubs will have time to fart.
"Whatda GOOMPFH" although that would be the way I wanna light my last one...relief

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
id delete my browsing history

It's really too bad the power won't be there long enough to scrub the floozies.
EDIT:: I removed most of the visuals, but I'm sure for many of us history will be
peppered with cruel and unwarranted assumptions.
If there's anybody left who would want to scrape me out of the bottom of the cage,
my jar ought to read "Almost the whole time, he wasn't like that at all."
edit on 3-4-2014 by derfreebie because: Only He can call you out for those files....

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

May this thread last beyond any conflagration-- for no other reason than humans have an uncanny talent for laughing in the face of impossible doom. I do regularly, and it's probably the only reason I'm still here now.
Already irradiated enough to be a den mother for cockroaches, I'd probably just slap on some Linda's Bad Day Sunscreen SPF 2+10E6 and make like a Pop Tart.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Not sure if I'm right, but I guess I would be pretty safe downunder in NZ. I mean who's going to waste a nuke on little NZ. Then again I do live about 5 minutes away from Spy valley. A major satellite spy base.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
id delete my browsing history

Lol awesome mate.. lol just awesome response...

I literally just spat out rock star out of my nose >.<

Grim

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

I agree, NZ is too remote and insignificant to be targeted by the Russians.

Your death would be far more gradual - nuclear winter...starvation.

You might linger for a few weeks like that.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I would prey and hope that the US and NATO have a secret defence shield of some sort that can destroy enemy ICBM's the amount of money thats been spent on secret black ops is insane amounts.

Russia has just finished all its new updated nuke bunkers for its civilians and China is at the moment updating all theirs too, i do wonder why the US and NATO dont have the same sort of bunkers.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Run directly at the blast wave & transform into Dr.Manhatten!!!
Then do a few interviews & have meetings with Henry Kissinger!!!

More realistically, nothing but smoke a cigarette!!!
Then proceed to haunt whoever pushed the buttons!!!

Peace Wirral!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Shout at the sky that 'Now would be a good time to save us!' In the vague hope that there is either a God or some Aliens up there who might intervene?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I would don my helmet, my batting gloves, my pads, and a crotch protector, hoist my cricket bat into ready stance, and see about producing a cover drive worthy of legend, by swatting a nuke out to sea. And of course, leave the strangest looking dust shadow when I die!

I jest of course. I know of no place deep enough in my locality, that I could access quick enough, to prevent either the immediate, or slow death of myself and my family in the event of such a thing, within three minutes, assuming a hit on a location in Essex, or indeed London.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Its a tough one for me. What to do indeed.. Im not afraid of the blast which would instantly kill anything close to it. Radiations are the problem. If i have to choose between dying miserably from radiation sickness or fight to the death in a mad max world, i choose the second. At least to have some real exciting moments before dying. Who knows, maybe thats how real leaders are born. To fight until the very end.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'd go to the library.

I'd also make sure my glasses were on a chain.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Being way out bush in Australia (300km from a capital city) there is not much i could do. I am self sufficient. i can hunt and can collect water without a river or lake or rain, i can create a fire and make a shelter. i also have guns with alot of ammo so i have protection so i guess i try to get the highscore

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
As I posted on another thread on a similar subject, I live within 10 minutes of some fairly large RAF bases (Waddington and Coningsbury to name just two) so given the 3 minute warning there wouldn't be a lot of hope for me or my family - perhaps enough time for my wife and I to get our daughter out of bed and hold her while we wait for the inevitable...

I'd hope that the deteriation in international relations toward a nuclear launch would be obvious enough to allow us to enact my personal escape plan of buggering off to the Scottish highlands and living off the land.

Incidentally, the 4 minute warning is a UK/Western Europe thing - that's the estimated flight times for a missile launched from mainland Russia to the UK and was, back in the day, as much warning as we could expect (before Sattelite coverage which would now give more warning as we'd know when the silos were opened, when the mobile launchers were deployed and when the missies were being fuelled up) - the system was designed in this way to give the US the 45 minutes mentioned in someone else's post.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join